I never said either thing, so I don't know what you are talking about. But nice generalizations and quotation marks regardless.

But I do wonder why Android and iPhone guys come on here. I don't go on their sites. Who has time or motivation for that if you don't use their products.

Posted via CB10
    The simple answer is:
    We use an Android or iOS device alongside of our BlackBerries, because the BlackBerry itself isn't enough to get the job done.

Then you have ex BlackBerry users.
    Then you have people who are interested into BlackBerry.
    Sometimes I only come in here to feel the reality distortion field though, as a form of entertainment.
    People still shouting "tools not toys" in 2015 has a comedic effect on me, that is hard to get on other sites.

Which doesn't change one thing though:
    The Z30 got a fire sale after another to reach those 200 dollar you paid.
    The Z30 was never intended as such a cheap phone.

Let's be clear: the only reason why the Z30 is that cheap, is because no one was willing to buy the Z30 for 600$, because nobody saw the value of a Z30 for 600$, in a world in which the iPhone/HTC One/Samsung Galaxy devices cost 600$ as well.
    08-04-15 11:02 AM
    It would be interesting to compare the iPhone 6+ with the z30 when the z30 was released, except that one would need a time machine to do so. Here and now the 6+ costs 400% more than the z30 where I am at.

Enjoy your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Please, who cares?
    The Z30 was introduced for 600$.
    Nobody wanted it for that price, because it represented some terrible value at that price point.

You know what phones I can get for 250$?
    I could get Androids, like the OnePlus, who completely smoke and destroy the Z30 in terms of performance and apps.
    Those phones really are cheap, because they were intended to sell at that price.
    BlackBerry got there, because nobody wanted their phone.
    That's a huge difference you apparently don't want to see.

Yup. Enjoy your Motorola. I guess the big flaw in your comparison is that you can buy a new unlocked z30 for $200+. Not so sure about yer razr is gonna be new, but regardless, I would hold a $15 phone tthe same standard as a $200 one.

In my profession, I constantly have to do cost/ benefit analyses. Bang for your buck if you will. I carry that philosophy to my personal life, perhaps to a fault.

Enjoy the commonality with the masses. I'm sure that you will be pleased with your drive in your Corolla to McDonald's listening to Taylor Swift knowing that billions were served the same burger as you. A proud moment I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    Price performance ratios are in favour of the iPhone, sorry to tell you (if you have the disposable income. Yes, there are also some diminishing returns) that.
    Best app store, best after sale support, usually the best performance at the time the phone launches, best ecosystem etc.

I do thank you for your last paragraph. If you wouldn't have written it, I might have less of an issue with your posts.
    But once again, you are a hypocrite...
    Having a BlackBerry makes you special and unique. That's what your last paragraph said.
    That's an emotional issue, not a bang for the buck issue.
    08-04-15 11:11 AM
    Apple keeps the 1 GB of ram in place because it means more money for them. They want you to upgrade as often as possible and they want to give you the bare minimum to do so.
    Windows Phone models also come with very little RAM comparatively from what I understand. So there is a way to design for less RAM. And both Apple and Microsoft have many 10s of billions in the bank. I think they could afford to bump specs if truly needed for the user experience.
    08-04-15 01:32 PM
    I think there's a traditional definition of communication (email, text, phone) and a more modern definition (Twitter, Snapchat, etc.). While Blackberry is firmly entrenched in the traditional, it missed the change to the more modern. This is the whole blending of business and pleasure that most people want. Chen realizes this but it's difficult to catch up without the devs helping out.
    Right. That's why the platform and not just features are the key. BlackBerry seems very hung up on advertising new features when the real battle is platforms and getting other very creative folks to create/address the use cases and apps to suit.
    08-04-15 01:35 PM
    I could get Androids, like the OnePlus, who completely smoke and destroy the Z30 in terms of performance and apps.
    Those phones really are cheap, because they were intended to sell at that price.
    There's no doubt the OnePlus is a beauty, but I think you're exaggerating a little when you say it will "completely smoke and destroy the Z30". Where can you get it for $250? So are we talking retail store, or off Craig's list, like new, bnib, what?

For the current going price of the Z30, it's still a great all around phone in 2015 and it's generally $100 cheaper than the OnePlus.

BlackBerry Z30 vs OnePlus One - Mobile Phones Specs Comparison
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-04-15 02:43 PM
    There's no doubt the OnePlus is a beauty, but I think you're exaggerating a little when you say it will "completely smoke and destroy the Z30". Where can you get it for $250? So are we talking retail store, or off Craig's list, like new, bnib, what?

For the current going price of the Z30, it's still a great all around phone in 2015 and it's generally $100 cheaper than the OnePlus.

BlackBerry Z30 vs OnePlus One - Mobile Phones Specs Comparison
    Yes this. And also it's a little disingenuous to compare BlackBerry pricing to something like OnePlus. At the same time I can also get the android experience with a Blu Life for less than a OnePlus. And a Lenovo cheaper than a HP or a Mac.

I suppose you could argue that with their current rep and ecosystem that BlackBerry should be pricing their devices the way Lenovo, Blu, and OnePlus are, but that's a whole other argument. And they'd never survive doing that anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 04:38 PM
    [QUOTE=MarsupilamiX;11833936]Please, who cares?
    The Z30 was introduced for 600$.
    Nobody wanted it for that price, because it represented some terrible value at that price point.

BlackBerry got there, because nobody wanted their phone.
    That's a huge difference you apparently don't want to see.

Price performance ratios are in favour of the iPhone, sorry to tell you (if you have the disposable income. Yes, there are also some diminishing returns) that.
    Best app store, best after sale support, usually the best performance at the time the phone launches, best ecosystem etc.

I do thank you for your last paragraph. If you wouldn't have written it, I might have less of an issue with your posts.
    But once again, you are a hypocrite...
    Having a BlackBerry makes you special and unique. That's what your last paragraph said.
    That's an emotional issue, not a bang for the buck issue.[/QUOTE

Maybe if you say pretty please...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... here we go again... frothing ifans.

Colleague recently got one plus one..... I really like it a lot. Great device. The $350 advertised plus conversion to Canadian Dollars, plus duty, plus shipping. $500 plus to the door. Almost double my z30. Nice try though... (btw if you actually read the subject of the post you will not see one plus one in the comparo and if it was, I wouldn't have brought up the bang for the buck scenario in favour of the z30, cuz the one plus one arguably is the best in the business for that)

Not a hypocrite at all. I just don't care what the masses have and nor do I feel superior owning a BlackBerry. It just works for what I need it for. Marketshare irrelevant. Actual cost, however, isn't and nor is this wonderfully flickabke z30 keyboard. Still the best in the business and no matter how many ghz yer phone spins at, it won't make you type any faster.

Flick that....

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:10 PM
    But the iPhone is a toy the blackberry is a business phone the main thing is security is number one

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 08:22 PM
    But the iPhone is a toy the blackberry is a business phone the main thing is security is number one

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    You just brought this conversation to a screeching halt with your eloquent statement that might have been valid several years ago.
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-04-15 08:33 PM
    Sometimes I only come in here to feel the reality distortion field though, as a form of entertainment.
    People still shouting "tools not toys" in 2015 has a comedic effect on me, that is hard to get on other sites.
    On the flip side, it's entertaining for me that people spend their time on another platform's fan site so they can defend their phone (just in case someone calls it a "toy")

...or, as is the case in this thread, set someone straight if they tried the phone and didn't like it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tmf06; 08-04-15 at 10:09 PM.
    08-04-15 09:58 PM
285 ... 101112