I have an upgrade due, I was sold on the Blackberry Z10, and then the Galaxy S4 was rolled out with all those "bells and whistles that made me say "wow", now I am on the fence as to which one should I get. for many years I was a blackberry lover, up until the bold 9900, then I moved to Iphone. Currently I have an Iphone 5 which I am giving to my kids to use , tired of the OS, tired of all the restrictions, and just bored with it. which one should I get and why?
    help me out :-)

thanks
    03-19-13 12:15 PM
    Since you're asking in Blackberry forum it means that subliminally you want the Z10.

Seriously, figure out what you want to use the phone for and choose the one that meets that criteria best.
    03-19-13 12:42 PM
    you are going to have to try each and test them out. Both are different in many ways. If you have used an android device you have a good idea of what you are getting but BB10 is brand new and you will need to try it out to see what its about.
    Snap51 likes this.
    03-19-13 12:48 PM
    Get the right one.
    Camelhmpz and ibpluto like this.
    03-19-13 12:57 PM
    Only you can make that decision, and it's a decision that should only be made after trying out each one to see if it fits how you like to use a smartphone, or at the very least, diligent research about each device's pros and cons. Asking someone on a forum "which one should I get" is not the right way to go about choosing the right smartphone for your lifestyle...nobody here is an expert when it comes to your preferences.
    Snap51 likes this.
    03-19-13 01:04 PM
    \which one should I get and why?
    help me out :-)
    What do you typically use your phone for? Are there any apps which are critical for you to have which aren't available for the Z10?

You say you don't like the iPhone's restrictions. Since BB10 doesn't allow as much customization or tinkering as Android, would you get bored with the Z10 too?
    03-19-13 01:10 PM
    Z10 Biatch! Lol
    03-19-13 01:11 PM
    Save yourself a lot of time and check out BB appworld and make sure apps that you "need" or want are available..... If not ... you may find yourself writing one of the numerous threads about how the device has let you down..... From my perspective... communication is key for me and no one does it better than BB.... there are enough games to keep me going.... Not been an Android fan so I will not comment on the OS... the only thing about the G4 I would ask you to ask yourself... sure they are "neat" features but... Will I use them? and how well implemented are they? remembering as with B10Z a lot of these are newer software technology and that being the case can be prone to bugs... good luck with whatever phone you choose...
    independentvolume likes this.
    03-19-13 01:19 PM
    Sg4 if you need games

Z10 if you want to get things done faster, email, etc.

I only see android as better for what I do if I played games, which I don't.

What do you do? Emails,facebook? Games? Web browsing?
    03-19-13 01:35 PM
    Sg4 if you need games

Z10 if you want to get things done faster, email, etc.

I only see android as better for what I do if I played games, which I don't.

What do you do? Emails,facebook? Games? Web browsing?
    Depends on what "getting things done" faster means.

Say OP needs to sign a received document, resend/fax signed document and automatically host for access by others ON THE GO, doing it on BB today could prove difficult.

My point? Others in this thread are correct. Try them out, OP. In the right hands, every platform can be productive.
    03-19-13 01:41 PM
    I'm going try this one day. Log on to cats.com. And start a topic "Cat or dog? Which one should I get?"
    netwerx1, I am JT, Rello and 3 others like this.
    03-19-13 01:53 PM
    Thanks All., I guess I should have worded it different, meaning in "your opinion which phone would you get " so my bad.. I don't play games at all on my phone, maybe solitaire on occasion : -) main use is email, texting, and real estate stuff, I am a realtor.
    03-19-13 03:02 PM
    Here is how I view the features of the 2 OS's. Yea, a lot of the features on the GSIV are kind of cool, but they are things that I bet you would test out for the first 10 minutes of using the phone and never touch again. They are either that, or things that BB10 already has haha. Personally, I want the Z10. You might want to go the other route and that is fine. I know that the GSIV has a quad core processor compared to the Z10's dual, but I'm sure performance is nearly identical due to the fact that Android sucks more resources. The best way to choose would be to test them both out. Fiddling around with them in the store for 5 minutes usually wouldn't do it so I would buy the Z10 and use that until you either know you love it or hate it (within the time you have to return it). If you love it, then obviously keep it. If you don't like it, then go for the GSIV.
    03-19-13 03:17 PM
    Thanks All., I guess I should have worded it different, meaning in "your opinion which phone would you get " so my bad.. I don't play games at all on my phone, maybe solitaire on occasion : -) main use is email, texting, and real estate stuff, I am a realtor.
    For email, texting, and "real estate stuff" lol , then I'm sure the Z10 wins hands down. Due to the Hub and messaging tightly integrated within the OS, the communication experience will be top notch. Multitasking is a huge plus for me and the Z10 wins there as well. But don't get me wrong, BB10 does have a good selection of games at this point so if you find yourself wanting those things, they are there and much much more will be there down the road.
    03-19-13 03:19 PM
    Here is how I view the features of the 2 OS's. Yea, a lot of the features on the GSIV are kind of cool, but they are things that I bet you would test out for the first 10 minutes of using the phone and never touch again. They are either that, or things that BB10 already has haha. Personally, I want the Z10. You might want to go the other route and that is fine. I know that the GSIV has a quad core processor compared to the Z10's dual, but I'm sure performance is nearly identical due to the fact that Android sucks more resources. The best way to choose would be to test them both out. Fiddling around with them in the store for 5 minutes usually wouldn't do it so I would buy the Z10 and use that until you either know you love it or hate it (within the time you have to return it). If you love it, then obviously keep it. If you don't like it, then go for the GSIV.
    I think the S4 has an 8 core processor, but not sure that matters to the op.
    03-19-13 03:38 PM
    Personally wouldn't get either and wait for the HTC ONE comes out. Should be mid April now.

Kinda resembles the z10, but the Android experience with awesome sound! Has plenty of bells and whistles. Just not marketed as much.

Should head to the Android forums and ask which one to get, lol!

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    xandermac likes this.
    03-19-13 03:46 PM
    Just read you only do mostly texting and general stuff. I recommend BBS for sure then, lol!

03-19-13 03:48 PM
    Thanks All you have given me some great advice, will be at the AT&T store on Friday checking it out, watch me walk out with it, : -)
    03-19-13 03:53 PM
    Just read you only do mostly texting and general stuff. I recommend BBS for sure then, lol!

Awesome , thanks man!
    03-19-13 03:54 PM
    I would say don't go for gimmicks but practicality. Toys come and go. But if you want multitasking you know where to go that is why you placed your question here and this is my honest answer.

blackberrys.ca

Here we go again......

Anyway. I would say test both then decide, I can do all of my work/play on my BlackBerry and Galaxy S3 so its down to your personal preference.
    03-20-13 04:40 AM
    I go by testing both as almost everyone pointed out. Of course you are the one determining your needs.

I have the Z10 and loving it (although polishing is due).
    I am a hardcore email user (work with the phone almost all day).

To put it in short: I for one, consider BB10 to be more of a "hard working", delivering and focused OS and design that delivers very highly in communication (as long as one can stand the period of polishing with its current bugs, that sometimes get to give headaches but are being dealt with, fast and essentially by BB).

if not going for BB10, I would check out other Android phones before going to the GS4. If you decide BB10 is not for you, your choices in the Android market are enormous, so I d go into more market research. For example the HTC and Xperia new phones seem very good options in my perception.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below some of my personal points of perception and thoughts that I hope might assist you in raising questions to yourself that may help you in your decision based on your needs and consideration.

I find BB very organised and practical in comparison to my limited android experience.
    For my personal preference, mainly due to the practicality of mailing and integration of hub+contacts+remember+calendar, the encryption and remote secure aspects plus malware protection which I consider higher on BB.

On the Z10 I also particularly like the OS's stability and keyboard. It makes my use of the phone be as smooth and seemless as it can get for me with the up to now options. Thus what is my 70% condition in choice (emailing and communication) is done better for me on the Z10 and that makes the phone more productive for me.

I have looked into the GS4 but I have not really seen it up close, thus i consider the below to be impressions only:

It seems to have a lot of "flashy", nice features (eg the camera use, hovering instead of touching etc). Most of the features I saw are "luxury embelishments" instead of practical tools in my understanding. On the other hand, the Android platform offers you instantly access to a bigger app selection and is mainstream platform for the apps by third parties to support their services distribution. This would mean direct access to all these, given that BB ecosystem is new-born and working towards the big fight.

That said, it would make it important to see how you move in that area before chosing BBOS vs Android for me if I were in your shoes.

One considerable factor about the GS4 that would put me off is the size. I find it too big for my taste and everyday practices, but then again this is a totally personal preference. The size alone for me would be a no, since it breaks the max size I consider a phone is useful at.

I feel like the GS4 does not add something essential (no area of expertise re-invented). It definately is eye catching and a great hardware in terms of specs as well. I find it though to be more "social life" inclined than hard time productive, impressive tech none the less.

While it gives a sense of "future" I believe that in the strategic design it "shows off" more than BB10 but BB10 in essence is more designed towards integration of all aspects of life in a mobile platform. But even that is in long term basis and BB10 still has a hard fight to give, so not really a decision factor for the next couple of years in that respect.
    03-20-13 06:45 AM
    Depends on what "getting things done" faster means.

Say OP needs to sign a received document, resend/fax signed document and automatically host for access by others ON THE GO, doing it on BB today could prove difficult.

My point? Others in this thread are correct. Try them out, OP. In the right hands, every platform can be productive.
    On this particular example you are completely wrong. There is a sign app on BB10. You can receive any document use the app to sign the document and then upload to Box or dropbox to share with others.
    There might be other use scenarios which the BB Z10 can't do, but the one you used as an example , it can do without breaking into a sweat.
    Also the Docs 2Go is simply excellent. Haven't seen a better Office Suite on any other platform. I have a Lumia 900 and thought Office was good on it...but this is better. Even have an Android Tablet and Docs2Go is better than Smartoffice etc....
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-20-13 06:52 AM
    On this particular example you are completely wrong. There is a sign app on BB10. You can receive any document use the app to sign the document and then upload to Box or dropbox to share with others.
    There might be other use scenarios which the BB Z10 can't do, but the one you used as an example , it can do without breaking into a sweat.
    Also the Docs 2Go is simply excellent. Haven't seen a better Office Suite on any other platform. I have a Lumia 900 and thought Office was good on it...but this is better. Even have an Android Tablet and Docs2Go is better than Smartoffice etc....
    I was wrong, and stand corrected. I only knew of one sig app in BBW, so that is good to know.
    03-20-13 07:06 AM
    To the original poster: You are on a BlackBerry support site so you should expect members here to know what the BlackBerry devices are capable of. You should also expect them to recommend BlackBerry devices.

However, unlike some other product sites, there are people here who make it their mission to discourage people from choosing BlackBerry. They will spread fear uncertainty and doubt (FUD) but, usually they don't outright lie. I would ask you to at least understand you may encounter some posts crafted to plant doubt in your thoughts.

Most posts here will tell you to research all your options, test various devices and choose what makes you most comfortable. Don't let family, friends and colleagues shame you into choosing what they have just because they believe it is best for them.

When all is said and done, get the BlackBerry Z10 or you will feel fear and shame.
    03-20-13 07:26 AM
    I think the S4 has an 8 core processor, but not sure that matters to the op.
    The S4 which is coming to America is going to be Quad core, the one elsewhere will be octocore.
    03-20-13 07:32 AM
50 12