02-18-13 01:30 PM
    02-18-13 01:32 PM
    The CB effect...there were several threads here this week urging people to go over there and vote for the Z10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    02-18-13 01:32 PM
    Glad to see it!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-18-13 01:34 PM
    The CB effect...there were several threads here this week urging people to go over there and vote for the Z10
    Really? I hadn't seen them.
    AbsoluteT23 and NightSlayer like this.
    02-18-13 01:40 PM
    Really? I hadn't seen them.
    there were. which makes it an artificial victory.
    i would have been more excited if this would have been a genuine victory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 01:54 PM
    Guys, i havent purchased my Z10 yet...yet, and I am a CrackBerry/BlackBerry-a-holic, but, this is a personal preference poll. - IMHO BlackBerry has a long way to go to 'dethrone' the Note II - I'm not saying this in a negative way whatsoever, but, it would be a great goal to aim at and achieve.
    jdhooghe and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-18-13 02:04 PM
    Yeah thats sort of depressing. But i do wonder how many. And it doesnt neccesarily mean it was artificial. I for example posted on voting up the phone that it isnt wrong if you own the phone or have used it and like it. Now if you havent used it at all and voted it up then thats bad. But who knows. I would still take the fact that its a real victory but only marginal.
    02-18-13 02:12 PM
    voted again this week
    02-18-13 02:12 PM
    Is it artificial. I guess only CB members went and voted and no one from an Android or iOS forum went there to vote for their favourite device.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-18-13 02:19 PM
    Is it artificial. I guess only CB members went and voted and no one from an Android or iOS forum went there to vote for their favourite device.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    How many would have voted if not prompted?
    I had never visited the site myself and i'm willing to bet a lot of the voters only went because of the threads here.

To me this makes the contest a popularity contest and does not lend anything to the phone, only to say that it has its fans. which we already know from this site.

and as for why the other forums didnt organise, maybe they dont feel the pressure that we blackberrians do. but rigging contests is a silly thing to do. It doesnt show an accurate feedback to Blackberry.

Of course all this is my opinion, you may think different, and we could discuss it, but not come top a conclusion as it is point of view
    02-18-13 02:24 PM
    . . .
    To me this makes the contest a popularity contest and does not lend anything to the phone, only to say that it has its fans. which we already know from this site.

and as for why the other forums didnt organise, maybe they dont feel the pressure that we blackberrians do. but rigging contests is a silly thing to do. It doesnt show an accurate feedback to Blackberry.

Of course all this is my opinion, you may think different, and we could discuss it, but not come top a conclusion as it is point of view
    BB needs all the positive support it can get. . .I agree it may in fact be artificial but the majority of people won't think so critically. . .they will see it as # one and proceed to take a second good look at the device. . .that's justifies the "false win" IMHO. . .
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-18-13 02:56 PM
    Great....let's do it again next week CrackBerry!!!
    bmw328i and Jake2826 like this.
    02-18-13 02:58 PM
    Pointless poll.... Moving on.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    Rickroller and jdhooghe like this.
    02-18-13 03:01 PM
    BB needs all the positive support it can get. . .I agree it may in fact be artificial but the majority of people won't think so critically. . .they will see it as # one and proceed to take a second good look at the device. . .that's justifies the "false win" IMHO. . .
    look at it another way. it builds up a false expectation of blackberry and generates another thousand, "but it doesnt have this app" argument
    02-18-13 03:08 PM
    "PhoneDog Media's Official Smartphone Rankings™ (OSR) has become the gold standard for ranking the market's greatest smartphones by placing votes from readers and experts alike in respective charts each week."

Lol, this is the first time I hear about this poll.
    richardat likes this.
    02-18-13 03:40 PM
    there were. which makes it an artificial victory.
    i would have been more excited if this would have been a genuine victory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Are there really any genuine victories?
    02-18-13 03:44 PM
    voted again this week
    So did I and as I actually own and love a Z10 after having owned an S3 and and IPhone, I think my vote is pretty legit.
    02-18-13 03:46 PM
    If a "poll" says it's true, so it must be
    02-18-13 03:47 PM
    So did I and as I actually own and love a Z10 after having owned an S3 and and IPhone, I think my vote is pretty legit.
    You mean your "votes", thus skewing the "poll" lol.. Imagine if Presidents were chosen due to polls with multiple votes!
    02-18-13 03:48 PM
    In correlational statistics, this is called the Hawthorne Effect. These kinds of manufactured findings aren't even helpful for word-of-mouth. They're just woefully inaccurate and hyperbolic, but keep drinking the kool aid if it makes you feel better.
    richardat likes this.
    02-18-13 03:50 PM
    You mean your "votes", thus skewing the "poll" lol.. Imagine if Presidents were chosen due to polls with multiple votes!
    I voted today. One vote.
    02-18-13 04:49 PM
    Don't forget George Bush In Florida...
    02-18-13 04:52 PM
    Crackberry is starting to remind me of those tinpot dictators who rig elections, get 95% of the votes and then claim they've been democratically elected. I mean there are people here who are openly admitting to have voted more than once, not to mention the constant campaigns to big up the Z10 wherever possible (Superbowl ad votes being the most recent example).

The only vote that matters is the one you place with your wallet.
    02-18-13 05:05 PM
    Crackberry is starting to remind me of those tinpot dictators who rig elections, get 95% of the votes and then claim they've been democratically elected. I mean there are people here who are openly admitting to have voted more than once, not to mention the constant campaigns to big up the Z10 wherever possible (Superbowl ad votes being the most recent example).

The only vote that matters is the one you place with your wallet.
    I voted today, once only, after having read the news article.
    02-18-13 05:09 PM
102 123 ...