I have to say, I went through the steps you just said. It doesn't show an email address for me on addresses not in my address book, it shows a name. I then long pressed it. The top option says copy name, not copy email or copy address.
    Nonetheless I copied it.
    I then tried opening a new email and pasting, and it pasted the person's name, but also their email address. Which is pretty much perfect for me.
    I don't have some of the emails I was struggling with last week in my account at the moment, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work for them either.

I'm confused as to why when I sought advice for this people suggested the only way to get addresses was to reply to them and then copy the address from there.
    As far as I can see, this works for mails composed by people not in your contact list as well.
    I guess BlackBerry labelling the option as copy name instead of copy email wasn't a brilliant thing to do.
    I don't get why when Clewley was tweeted about this problem he said they were aware and a fix was coming, when it seems to work?

I don't know, maybe I'm just thick, but it seems to be working for me now, and makes my life A LOT easier, so cheers!

I know some devs ported their own apps.
    But if they haven't it's not right for someone else to port them.
    As I said, some devs release the same app on Android and BlackBerry, but price the BlackBerry version higher, as they will sell less copies than on Android. Is it right for people to circumvent this and sideload the cheaper Android version?
    You can argue the point if you want, but there's a reason why BlackBerry is not telling everyone, hey, sideload Google Maps, sideload Netflix, sideload WhatsApp. They can't. They can however leave the ability to sideload in and allow consumers to do what they feel comfortable doing, just as they should be doing with a torrent app.
    I agree taking an app that is sold, not offered for free, is wrong to do but if you own the paid app on your Android I'm not so sure. I didn't realize there were a lot of people doing this with paid for apps.
    02-28-13 08:53 AM
    I can see where you're coming from, but at the same time I can see why I, and others, might struggle.
    If all you saw was a name in a field, and then all you saw was an option to copy a name, not email, wouldn't you think the same thing?

I'm open to considering I might be stupid or in the minority, but I can't help thinking there's others who would draw the same conclusion if put in the same situation.

Additionally, I've been going on about this for days, and even saw Clewley accepting this as an issue and saying a fix was coming, so I think thinking it was a bug was a fair conclusion to have reached, no?

As you say, the main point is everything's ended well. Personally for me, that's one of 2 huge personal bugs sorted.
    If I can now get bedside mode working so I get alerted for phone calls and nothing else, I'll be over the moon.
    Unless you know a setting for that as well? No harm in hoping!
    Also, do pictures received in BBM groups show an alert in the Hub for you? Cos if so I'd like to know the setting for that, I'm finding pics received in BBM groups are giving me no alert whatsoever, not in the Hub, and not easily visible when I open BBM, unless I go to the updates section and scroll through.
    The recently leaked OS has the bedside mode call thing working. So I think it's safe to say it'll be an official release coming very soon with that update.
    02-28-13 09:15 AM
    Well, this thread certainly isn't as fun as it was when I went to bed. Look at you all... Working out your issues and helping each other. Disgusting...
    02-28-13 09:15 AM
    HMMm definetely slicker once the power user options return it will be officially best BB out.
    02-28-13 10:21 AM
79 ... 234