Good to hear your impressions OP. Bold words I'd say even.
    02-27-13 11:06 PM
    For all those worried about the customizations for notifications there is an app for that, HUB++.

Well folks everyone wanted apps so there you go, why should BB make everything when the world says developers need to do that instead. Maybe they made deals with developers to leave out certain features so apps would sell? Who knows, but this is the "ecosystem" everyone has been calling for so don't complain now.

By the way, love my Z10 as is.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-27-13 11:21 PM
    Ok. Maybe what annoyed some people here is because I used the word lame.
    Listen, I'm not trying to say your phone needs don't matter. What I am saying though is.. if your issue is that the profiles are not as flexible as bbos then in my opinion.. that is not a good enough reason. Sure it's great to be able to make your phone vibrate for long, short, one or three times and have the do in holster or not settings but, what we have now is a very competent system that works. Is customizable for system and third party apps, and notifies you every time. Use for a day then you actually begin to feel like the old system was too complicated. To be fair.. I used to dread changing phones back then and having to do it all over again. Then after doing it all again I get confused as to which app is that again being all have been customized. I still end up checking the phone to say.. oh, it's Facebook.

The one thing I miss now is multiple colour led as that always helped. Hope it comes soon.

The email issue that people moan about I don't agree with. I get every email as quick as my desktop and it looks brilliant. The hub is a totally different beast from what you currently know as unified inbox in bbos.

The app selection is great and Android apps are a big plus. Things like whatsapp ain't yet up to par thanks to the contacts bug but the native one is coming real soon and possibly in March according to this site.

Bbm is still top notch.. even better.

The phone is so fast.

Dunno what it is about the FB and twitter app that people moan about but I think they're fine.

Not trying to annoy anyone but I do understand how Iphone and Android defectors felt when they tried to explain why they didn't miss BlackBerry after they moved. The new os has caught up with them but has still retained most of the BlackBerry identity. It will improve and add more of the features BlackBerry is loved for and i'm supporting them from day one. If you feel not having this compressed email stuff that slowed down our browsing experience and made it third rate is too important for you.. Good luck. I'm just glad Thor and the BlackBerry team didn't have you as ceo and stop BlackBerry from progress.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 02-28-13 at 03:12 AM.
    adrianod1993 likes this.
    02-28-13 01:44 AM
    I pretty much use Vibrate exclusively, but I thought you could customize ringtone for each email account. AGAIN, I HAVE NOT TRIED.

I agree the profiles are oversimplified. As I said,I don't use sounds but I differentiated message types by number & length of vibrations. Having no choice but a single long vibration is annoying to me. I guess I've been spoiled by that legacy BBOS feature.
    But it's a little soon out of the gate to freak out about it. Here's to hoping those options come back.

The deleting on server issue sucks for me. I keep a ton of extra messages in the Hub because I want them on my PC to keep, even though I don't want them on my BB. (If I have my PC & Outlook open, then problem solved since it's already grabbed the messages.)

My understanding is that BBM still works via BIS. Unsure if that translates to BBM Voice & BBM Video too.
    This is the trade-off for a device that's as fast as anything else out there.

*** you can see cc email addresses! Just tap on sender's name at top to expand the recipients section. Tap on the little tag of name for any cc and you'll see their email address.
    You're right though about the sender; only just realized that. If you Reply or Reply-All, then you can see it by tapping on their name "tag" just the cc people in an incoming email.
    Sorry, hope that made sense.
    You can see the cced email addresses, as you said, tap on the name, the email shows.
    The problem is, now try copying just that email address and emailing them. Not possible.
    Yesterday I Googled a local takeaway, got a phone number, then found I couldn't paste the number in the phone app.
    Those sorts of issues don't help make things smooth.

Read the article again, not just the headline.
    Nowhere does it say BIS is used in BB10 and for what.
    It says they are not discontinuing BIS as long as it is useful.
    They could mean that is for BB7. No one has provided clarity for this although everyone has an opinion.
    You said BIS is used for browsing. That's almost certainly not the case. Certainly not showing the compression benefits I used to get.
    The icon is there, I'll give you that. Without paying for a BIS add on. Something's not right.

My opinion - I wanted BlackBerry 10 to build on the advantages of the OS7 while addressing some of its obvious short comings. Legacy BlackBerry devices have never been great at media consumption or entertainment. The cameras suck, third party app support sucks, and browsing wasn't as good as it should have been. So in a perfect world, BB10 would have addressed those issues.

Welp, they tried to address those issues. The camera still isn't the best out there, but it is better. Third party app support is better if you're into quantity over quality. And the browser has gotten better.

Too bad those few improvements came at the cost of a bunch of lost features that made BlackBerry my device of choice. BB used to have the best email, best notifications, best calendar, best data compression, a awesome native RSS feed reader and other great features from apps like Bridge and Protect. The old BlackBerry devices even had usable native apps for social networks like twitter and Facebook. But BB10 looses a lot of those things. The things that did make the move are poor examples of their former selves. Jelly Bean is now better for communication than a BlackBerry. I can have custom alerts for ALL of my accounts on Android. I can also assign LED colors for notifications. Why in the world can't I do those things with BB10?

BB10 in its current state is not as good for communication and work as OS7 and it still isn't as good for entertainment as iOS and Android. It makes me wonder why BB10 fans just didn't move to iOS or Android instead of waiting through all of the delays. A fondness of BB10 shows me that you probably never needed a BlackBerry in the first place. - My opinion.
    The bolded line is a feeling that comes through with this phone often. It's a great phone, but if you could do without the keyboard, trackpad, shortcuts, BIS, push email, compression, profiles, notifications etc, why on earth would you have not moved from BlackBerry to another option sooner? And Android seems to be out BlackBerrying BlackBerries at the moment.

For all those worried about the customizations for notifications there is an app for that, HUB++.

Well folks everyone wanted apps so there you go, why should BB make everything when the world says developers need to do that instead. Maybe they made deals with developers to leave out certain features so apps would sell? Who knows, but this is the "ecosystem" everyone has been calling for so don't complain now.

By the way, love my Z10 as is.
    There is an app, quite right. And the devs are excellent. Though they are struggling with the difficulties put in place for programming that sort of app on the platform to date.
    The app can't tell when your phone is on silent, so notifications will continue to come through.
    Only one blinking color at a time, if you get three different alerts, only the last alert will show the relevant color.
    App needs to be constantly active framed to run.
    It's a welcome addition, but due to limitations placed on the dev by the OS and SDK, it doesn't provide the functionality of LightFlow on Android, or BeBuzz. I'm sure as tools are made available the devs will update it.

Ok. Maybe what annoyed some people here is because I used the word lame.
    Listen, I'm not trying to say your phone needs don't matter. What I am saying though is.. if your issue is that the profiles are not as flexible as bbos then in my opinion.. that is not a good enough reason. Sure it's great to be able to make your phone vibrate for long, short, one or three times and have the do in holster or not settings but, what we have now is a very competent system that works. Is customizable for system and third party apps, and notifies you every time. Use for a day then you actually begin to feel like the old system was too complicated. To be fair.. I used to dread changing phones back then and having to do it all over again. Then after doing it all again I get confused as to which app is that again being all have been customized. I still end up checking the phone to say.. oh, it's Facebook.

The one thing I miss now is multiple colour led as that always helped. Hope it comes soon.

The email issue that people moan about I don't agree with. I get every email as quick as my desktop and it looks brilliant. The hub is a totally different beast from what you currently know as unified inbox in bbos.

The app selection is great and Android apps are a big plus. Things like whatsapp ain't yet up to par thanks to the contacts bug but the native one is coming real soon and possibly in March according to this site.

Bbm is still top notch.. even better.

The phone is so fast.

Dunno what it is about the FB and twitter app that people moan about but I think they're fine.

Not trying to annoy anyone but I do understand how Iphone and Android defectors felt when they tried to explain why they didn't miss BlackBerry after they moved. These new os has caught up with them but has still retained most of the BlackBerry identity. It will improve add more of the features BlackBerry is loved for and im supporting them from day one. If you feel not having this compressed email stuff that slowed down our browsing experience and made it third rate is too important for you.. Good luck. I'm just glad Thor and the BlackBerry team didn't have you as ceo and stop BlackBerry from progress.

Posted via CB10
    See, again, you're just belittling others opinion.
    Do you know what, if someone came in and used the phone for a day, and said they hated it, people would be all over it for being an uninformed opinion. Your opinion over 24 hours, though positive, is as uninformed.
    For the first few days I had complete push.
    Now I have push on 3 accounts, the 4th won't push.
    After using it for a few days I realised BBM is buggy. Pictures get stuck receiving. There's no way to try again without asking the sender to send it again, if they're willing.
    BBM group pictures added won't show in the Hub, or anywhere, so you have no idea when you receive any.
    Sideloaded apps are illegal and cause issues for people in the long run.
    There's lots more. Like I said, many many times, use it for a few days, a week, then see how you feel.

Oh, for the legal bit:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-legal-709050/
    Read the devs input. If it's free or not, it's still the dev's work, they have a right to provide it on different platforms or not. They have a right to charge differently on different platforms, some apps are much cheaper on Android than BB due to volume sold.
    Google may not want it's apps on BBs. It is illegal to modify these apps to run them where the dev didn't want them run.
    People will still do it, but that doesn't make it right.
    02-28-13 02:23 AM
    For those of you holding out on the z10 due to either the app excuses, lame excuses about how certain things have changed i.e. Profiles, battery moans etc... you're only playing yourself.

I got it yesterday here in the uk on EE. This phone is so much more better than old blackberries that you would not even look back. Even this crackberry app I'm using right now is so fly.. you just gotta try it to believe it. There are loads of Android apps that work just fine and you wouldn't be missing anything.

I've got whatsapp, Im+, flipboard, BBC news, YouTube, Google maps, social scope, cnn news, etc. The official Facebook app on my opinion is better than the BlackBerry os version. I've read here and there that some folks are moaning about it.. that's their opinion but I think it rocks.

The messaging experience is top class. You can make voice calls on bbm with carrier data so no wifi limitations. The keyboard is so good. Every review has basically said it's the best they ever used.

And trust me.. it is way cooler when you're on the train and the 100 or so people around you are on their Iphones or androids then you pull this out.

Stop wasting time.. get this phone. One thing is for sure... it can only get better.

Posted via CB10
    i just find it interesting that you never even mentioned Skype...it being a major app for most communications junkies...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-28-13 02:23 AM
    Email issue: menu/ view contact, easy
    No paste n dialer issue: copy number in browser, tap on the URL bar, type tel: and paste the number. Press go to call. Easy

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-28-13 02:54 AM
    i just find it interesting that you never even mentioned Skype...it being a major app for most communications junkies...

Why do you find it interesting? I've had a Skype account for at least 5 years and not once have I used it. The hipocrisy in your statement is.. you currently use a 9860.. which I just sold.. that does not have Skype, yet you continue to use it. Can you actually explain to me why it is not a deal breaker for you right now? If it's such a deal breaker then move to a platform that has it. For me.. it has been said it is coming but then again I don't really care. My whole family is abroad and they all use Blackberry.. once they're all on BB10 we can use BBM voice and video.. free.
    02-28-13 03:17 AM
    1.I do not use my BB Torch 9860 for skype purposes.

2.My Z10 is arriving next Thursday.

I have explained why it was interesting to me.

02-28-13 03:52 AM
    Email issue: menu/ view contact, easy
    No paste n dialer issue: copy number in browser, tap on the URL bar, type tel: and paste the number. Press go to call. Easy

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the telephone tip BD, can i ask where you found that? Wondering if there's other workarounds I may have missed.

I know you've said this once before about the email issue, I think it may be that you receive a lot of emails from contacts already in your contact book.
    For me, I receive a lot of emails from people not in my address book.
    When I hit menu, there isn't an option for view contact.
    Any ideas?
    02-28-13 04:17 AM
    Sorry but the fb app is bad non matter how you cut it
    ****, me 'n 6 billion other people don't even need a facebook app. :P

I'm in! (Just as soon as my contract upgrade arrives in April)
    02-28-13 04:24 AM
    Thanks for the telephone tip BD, can i ask where you found that? Wondering if there's other workarounds I may have missed.

I know you've said this once before about the email issue, I think it may be that you receive a lot of emails from contacts already in your contact book.
    For me, I receive a lot of emails from people not in my address book.
    When I hit menu, there isn't an option for view contact.
    Any ideas?
    Can't take credit for that one, somebody started a thread about it. As for your email problem why don't you just save them to your contacts? It would save you a lit of hassle in the future.

I don't really understand why that is a problem though, if you want to email them don't you just reply to the email they sent you?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 04:41 AM
    Can't take credit for that one, somebody started a thread about it. As for your email problem why don't you just save them to your contacts? It would save you a lit of hassle in the future.

I don't really understand why that is a problem though, if you want to email them don't you just reply to the email they sent you?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is two fold, I don't like my contacts being cluttered, and I like having my contacts backed up online associated with my Gmail account in case I move phones.
    While syncing things up imported my contacts just fine, when I add contacts I can't find a way to choose which Gmail account to save the contact to.

The other problem is I have a lot of emails from people, and other people have to respond to those people rather than myself.
    What I want to be able to do is copy the sender's email address, send it to someone else, and get that third party to email the person who emailed me directly. Does that make sense?
    Same deal with the cced addresses, sometimes I need to get one cced email address and send it to someone else so they can contact the cced person directly, but I'm really struggling at the moment and need to use a comp to do it which means I face long delays.
    02-28-13 05:20 AM
    The problem is two fold, I don't like my contacts being cluttered, and I like having my contacts backed up online associated with my Gmail account in case I move phones.
    While syncing things up imported my contacts just fine, when I add contacts I can't find a way to choose which Gmail account to save the contact to.

The other problem is I have a lot of emails from people, and other people have to respond to those people rather than myself.
    What I want to be able to do is copy the sender's email address, send it to someone else, and get that third party to email the person who emailed me directly. Does that make sense?
    Same deal with the cced addresses, sometimes I need to get one cced email address and send it to someone else so they can contact the cced person directly, but I'm really struggling at the moment and need to use a comp to do it which means I face long delays.
    Why don't you just forward the emails to the person? All the email addresses would show in the email message. Or, when you click on the top of the email with the arrow it expands and shows you all the cc'd addresses in blue. Long press on anyone then pops up with the option to copy it.
    02-28-13 05:38 AM
    Nice..Get this phone..
    02-28-13 05:50 AM
    Why don't you just forward the emails to the person? All the email addresses would show in the email message. Or, when you click on the top of the email with the arrow it expands and shows you all the cc'd addresses in blue. Long press on anyone then pops up with the option to copy it.
    Because if I get an email with 25 addresses, and need to forward only one address to someone else, I don't want to forward the whole email.
    That person will struggle to go through all the emails to find the one he needs, he can then contact the other 24 people directly without going through me which I don't want, and the other 24 people will be upset I forwarded their email to someone who has no reason to have those other addresses.

If I select one person from a cced list that isn't in my contact list, I don't get the option to copy their email, just their name. The other options I get are send email, invite to meeting, and add to contacts.
    It might be different for you because the cced addresses are in your address book.
    02-28-13 07:14 AM
    Because if I get an email with 25 addresses, and need to forward only one address to someone else, I don't want to forward the whole email.
    That person will struggle to go through all the emails to find the one he needs, he can then contact the other 24 people directly without going through me which I don't want, and the other 24 people will be upset I forwarded their email to someone who has no reason to have those other addresses.

If I select one person from a cced list that isn't in my contact list, I don't get the option to copy their email, just their name. The other options I get are send email, invite to meeting, and add to contacts.
    It might be different for you because the cced addresses are in your address book.
    I'm not sure you're right mate. I've attached a screen print. What you see is an email received earlier today. The addresses that show a name are in my contacts. Those that are not show the full email address. I then long pressed one of them and to the right the options that pop up.. you have copy right at the top of the 4 showing.

BlackBerry Z10 is better than older Blackberry's-img_00000009.jpg

Does this help?
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-28-13 07:45 AM
    You can see the cced email addresses, as you said, tap on the name, the email shows.
    The problem is, now try copying just that email address and emailing them. Not possible.
    Yesterday I Googled a local takeaway, got a phone number, then found I couldn't paste the number in the phone app.
    Those sorts of issues don't help make things smooth.

Read the article again, not just the headline.
    Nowhere does it say BIS is used in BB10 and for what.
    It says they are not discontinuing BIS as long as it is useful.
    They could mean that is for BB7. No one has provided clarity for this although everyone has an opinion.
    You said BIS is used for browsing. That's almost certainly not the case. Certainly not showing the compression benefits I used to get.
    The icon is there, I'll give you that. Without paying for a BIS add on. Something's not right.

The bolded line is a feeling that comes through with this phone often. It's a great phone, but if you could do without the keyboard, trackpad, shortcuts, BIS, push email, compression, profiles, notifications etc, why on earth would you have not moved from BlackBerry to another option sooner? And Android seems to be out BlackBerrying BlackBerries at the moment.

There is an app, quite right. And the devs are excellent. Though they are struggling with the difficulties put in place for programming that sort of app on the platform to date.
    The app can't tell when your phone is on silent, so notifications will continue to come through.
    Only one blinking color at a time, if you get three different alerts, only the last alert will show the relevant color.
    App needs to be constantly active framed to run.
    It's a welcome addition, but due to limitations placed on the dev by the OS and SDK, it doesn't provide the functionality of LightFlow on Android, or BeBuzz. I'm sure as tools are made available the devs will update it.

See, again, you're just belittling others opinion.
    Do you know what, if someone came in and used the phone for a day, and said they hated it, people would be all over it for being an uninformed opinion. Your opinion over 24 hours, though positive, is as uninformed.
    For the first few days I had complete push.
    Now I have push on 3 accounts, the 4th won't push.
    After using it for a few days I realised BBM is buggy. Pictures get stuck receiving. There's no way to try again without asking the sender to send it again, if they're willing.
    BBM group pictures added won't show in the Hub, or anywhere, so you have no idea when you receive any.
    Sideloaded apps are illegal and cause issues for people in the long run.
    There's lots more. Like I said, many many times, use it for a few days, a week, then see how you feel.

Oh, for the legal bit:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-legal-709050/
    Read the devs input. If it's free or not, it's still the dev's work, they have a right to provide it on different platforms or not. They have a right to charge differently on different platforms, some apps are much cheaper on Android than BB due to volume sold.
    Google may not want it's apps on BBs. It is illegal to modify these apps to run them where the dev didn't want them run.
    People will still do it, but that doesn't make it right.
    There is no proof either way in that thread, I read it before asking you to provide proof. The consensus was while not illegal a dev can take action if they choose. It's also said in there if you have an android device and have the free app on said device your free to do whatever you want with it beyond modifying it and selling it.

If it is such a crime where are all the stories about devs suing people or even the egoodreader site? Have they asked them to stop? Threaten to shut them down? Where is the outcry from devs? You do know some devs ported their own app and offer it for free.
    02-28-13 07:46 AM

I looked at an email from somebody not in my contacts and it worked no problem, I held my finger down on the top banner that displays the name, note it shows the name not email address, and selected copy name.

I went to compose an email and when I pasted the name in the to box it pasted the name and the email address.

I don't know why you're having problems with this.

Copy name option copies both the name and the email address.

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-28-13 07:55 AM
    I'm not sure you're right mate. I've attached a screen print. What you see is an email received earlier today. The addresses that show a name are in my contacts. Those that are not show the full email address. I then long pressed one of them and to the right the options that pop up.. you have copy right at the top of the 4 showing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000009.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	138472

Does this help?
    I have to say, I went through the steps you just said. It doesn't show an email address for me on addresses not in my address book, it shows a name. I then long pressed it. The top option says copy name, not copy email or copy address.
    Nonetheless I copied it.
    I then tried opening a new email and pasting, and it pasted the person's name, but also their email address. Which is pretty much perfect for me.
    I don't have some of the emails I was struggling with last week in my account at the moment, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work for them either.

I'm confused as to why when I sought advice for this people suggested the only way to get addresses was to reply to them and then copy the address from there.
    As far as I can see, this works for mails composed by people not in your contact list as well.
    I guess BlackBerry labelling the option as copy name instead of copy email wasn't a brilliant thing to do.
    I don't get why when Clewley was tweeted about this problem he said they were aware and a fix was coming, when it seems to work?

I don't know, maybe I'm just thick, but it seems to be working for me now, and makes my life A LOT easier, so cheers!

There is no proof either way in that thread, I read it before asking you to provide proof. The consensus was while not illegal a dev can take action if they choose. It's also said in there if you have an android device and have the free app on said device your free to do whatever you want with it beyond modifying it and selling it.

If it is such a crime where are all the stories about devs suing people or even the egoodreader site? Have they asked them to stop? Threaten to shut them down? Where is the outcry from devs? You do know some devs ported their own app and offer it for free.
    I know some devs ported their own apps.
    But if they haven't it's not right for someone else to port them.
    As I said, some devs release the same app on Android and BlackBerry, but price the BlackBerry version higher, as they will sell less copies than on Android. Is it right for people to circumvent this and sideload the cheaper Android version?
    You can argue the point if you want, but there's a reason why BlackBerry is not telling everyone, hey, sideload Google Maps, sideload Netflix, sideload WhatsApp. They can't. They can however leave the ability to sideload in and allow consumers to do what they feel comfortable doing, just as they should be doing with a torrent app.
    02-28-13 08:05 AM
    I looked at an email from somebody not in my contacts and it worked no problem, I held my finger down on the top banner that displays the name, note it shows the name not email address, and selected copy name.

I went to compose an email and when I pasted the name in the to box it pasted the name and the email address.

I don't know why you're having problems with this.

Copy name option copies both the name and the email address.

Posted via CB10
    I have to be honest, I saw the name, and not the address, I saw the option to copy the name, and didn't even try it.
    Now that I have it seems to work as you say, it copies the name and the address.
    combination of silly wording on the option, and me just being thick. Either way, it's working now for me by the looks of things, so thanks.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-28-13 08:07 AM
    I have to be honest, I saw the name, and not the address, I saw the option to copy the name, and didn't even try it.
    Now that I have it seems to work as you say, it copies the name and the address.
    combination of silly wording on the option, and me just being thick. Either way, it's working now for me by the looks of things, so thanks.
    All is good when it ends well. This is a typical BlackBerry problem though, users are not digging in deep enough and just end up complaining for no valid reason. I just replied to another thread where somebody is asking why the bbm photos get resized and how can they send the full quality. How do people never find this stuff out? No offense, just talking in general.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 08:12 AM
    I have to say, I went through the steps you just said. It doesn't show an email address for me on addresses not in my address book, it shows a name. I then long pressed it. The top option says copy name, not copy email or copy address.
    Nonetheless I copied it.
    I then tried opening a new email and pasting, and it pasted the person's name, but also their email address. Which is pretty much perfect for me.
    I don't have some of the emails I was struggling with last week in my account at the moment, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work for them either.

I'm confused as to why when I sought advice for this people suggested the only way to get addresses was to reply to them and then copy the address from there.
    As far as I can see, this works for mails composed by people not in your contact list as well.
    I guess BlackBerry labelling the option as copy name instead of copy email wasn't a brilliant thing to do.
    I don't get why when Clewley was tweeted about this problem he said they were aware and a fix was coming, when it seems to work?

I don't know, maybe I'm just thick, but it seems to be working for me now, and makes my life A LOT easier, so cheers!
    Glad I could help.
    02-28-13 08:13 AM
    All is good when it ends well. This is a typical BlackBerry problem though, users are not digging in deep enough and just end up complaining for no valid reason. I just replied to another thread where somebody is asking why the bbm photos get resized and how can they send the full quality. How do people never find this stuff out? No offense, just talking in general.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree. Like someone mentioned it was difficult to resend an email if it fails. All you have to do is long press for the options and select REFRESH.

The phone works just as well as any other.
    02-28-13 08:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can see where you're coming from, but at the same time I can see why I, and others, might struggle.
    If all you saw was a name in a field, and then all you saw was an option to copy a name, not email, wouldn't you think the same thing?

I'm open to considering I might be stupid or in the minority, but I can't help thinking there's others who would draw the same conclusion if put in the same situation.

Additionally, I've been going on about this for days, and even saw Clewley accepting this as an issue and saying a fix was coming, so I think thinking it was a bug was a fair conclusion to have reached, no?

As you say, the main point is everything's ended well. Personally for me, that's one of 2 huge personal bugs sorted.
    If I can now get bedside mode working so I get alerted for phone calls and nothing else, I'll be over the moon.
    Unless you know a setting for that as well? No harm in hoping!
    Also, do pictures received in BBM groups show an alert in the Hub for you? Cos if so I'd like to know the setting for that, I'm finding pics received in BBM groups are giving me no alert whatsoever, not in the Hub, and not easily visible when I open BBM, unless I go to the updates section and scroll through.
    02-28-13 08:30 AM
    I can see where you're coming from, but at the same time I can see why I, and others, might struggle.
    If all you saw was a name in a field, and then all you saw was an option to copy a name, not email, wouldn't you think the same thing?

I'm open to considering I might be stupid or in the minority, but I can't help thinking there's others who would draw the same conclusion if put in the same situation.

Additionally, I've been going on about this for days, and even saw Clewley accepting this as an issue and saying a fix was coming, so I think thinking it was a bug was a fair conclusion to have reached, no?

As you say, the main point is everything's ended well. Personally for me, that's one of 2 huge personal bugs sorted.
    If I can now get bedside mode working so I get alerted for phone calls and nothing else, I'll be over the moon.
    Unless you know a setting for that as well? No harm in hoping!
    Also, do pictures received in BBM groups show an alert in the Hub for you? Cos if so I'd like to know the setting for that, I'm finding pics received in BBM groups are giving me no alert whatsoever, not in the Hub, and not easily visible when I open BBM, unless I go to the updates section and scroll through.
    Your use case scenario is probably more extreme than ours. I'm not in any bbm groups so I can't test that for you, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 08:38 AM
79 1234