So in 1 day you got your most used apps from os7 back, even though most os7 apps aren't out for bb10 yet.

You found a solution for a problem you were having, which was to stop using the hub for BBM. The hub being one of the major new features.

You found the battery life to be fine when most people find the first day the worst.

You find profiles are still 'bang on' even though you can no longer customise individual volumes, vibrate lengths and email account sounds without a third party app that isn't able to recognise profiles that are active.

And you say the email has not changed even though you can't see the senders email addresses or cced email addresses, there's no BIS, you can't resend an email easily if it fails sending, and you can't delete on device only.

There's misinformation, then there's trolling, then there's what you're saying.

Posted via CB10
    Dude.. you're getting it wrong. I said my most used apps. Google maps, what app and im+ were my most used apps. The other apps were not even available for bbos but I used them on my playbook. I did not have to remove bbm from hub.. in bbm group settings you can remove that particular group from the hub. Bbm is unaffected and other groups remain in the hub.

Dunno what your beef is with the email but it works perfectly. This resend issue is extremely easy. Email fails due to loss of signal or something.. fine. Resend when in an area with signal. What's so complicated about that?????

Not being funny but you sound like you're going out if your way to find fault. That's a waste of your time. I'm good..

Posted via CB10
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    02-27-13 05:09 PM
    Dude.. you're getting it wrong. I said my most used apps. Google maps, what app and im+ were my most used apps. The other apps were not even available for bbos but I used them on my playbook. I did not have to remove bbm from hub.. in bbm group settings you can remove that particular group from the hub. Bbm is unaffected and other groups remain in the hub.

Not being funny but you sound like you're going out if your way to find fault. That's a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not trying to find fault with anything, just couldn't believe what you were claiming.
    I see you sideloaded the apps you wanted.
    That's caused problems for lots of people, not to mention it isn't strictly legal.
    Your claims about email and profiles remain wrong.

I'm trying to back off people who spread mistruths but it's really hard when people just make stuff up or flat out lie.

Your post could mislead potential adopters into springing for the z10 before it does what they want it to.

I'm sure it will get there, but for now the content of your posts remains inaccurate.
    Email is not the same. Profiles are not the same. And Google maps and WhatsApp are not available legally, and their use could destabilise the device.

Let's see how things run for you after one week hope you have no problems, but if you do hope you'll revise your post so people can be aware.

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID and ljfong like this.
    02-27-13 05:15 PM
    This dude gotta be kidding right? Smfh..

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:21 PM
    This is a phone that i love more and more everyday that i play with it! I do wish i had more bbm contacts to chat with and toast notifications and instagram but this phone is just too great to pass up simply for those minor inconveniences.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:31 PM
    This dude gotta be kidding right? Smfh..
    I don't think he's kidding. Furthermore, I think his stance on sideloading is a bit extreme. True, it may not be ethical, but the apps are free regardless, and you're not profiting from it, nor are you really taking money from the maker, so it's kind of a grey area. The thing is, you started a thread to tell people that their rational and legitimate concerns about the new BlackBerry are nothing more than petty excuses and to get over it.
    For those of you holding out on the z10 due to either the app excuses, lame excuses about how certain things have changed i.e. Profiles, battery moans etc... you're only playing yourself.
    When the fact is, you don't know what those people need from their phone. Maybe the battery is plenty for a person that drives a lot with a car charger, but it's unacceptable for someone who goes 12 hours in the field. Maybe email retention isn't important to some, but for others it's integral to what they do with their phone. It's one thing to say that you had the same fears but find the pros outweigh the cons, but to tell everyone else that their concerns are just lame excuses is condescending at best.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    02-27-13 05:41 PM
    Proud of you OP. Keep pushing back at those that wanna come into your thread and Pizz all over the cornflakes.
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-27-13 05:43 PM
    I'm not trying to find fault with anything, just couldn't believe what you were claiming.
    I see you sideloaded the apps you wanted.
    That's caused problems for lots of people, not to mention it isn't strictly legal.
    Your claims about email and profiles remain wrong.

I'm trying to back off people who spread mistruths but it's really hard when people just make stuff up or flat out lie.

Your post could mislead potential adopters into springing for the z10 before it does what they want it to.

I'm sure it will get there, but for now the content of your posts remains inaccurate.
    Email is not the same. Profiles are not the same. And Google maps and WhatsApp are not available legally, and their use could destabilise the device.

Let's see how things run for you after one week hope you have no problems, but if you do hope you'll revise your post so people can be aware.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any proof that it is illegal?
    02-27-13 05:45 PM
    Proud of you OP. Keep pushing back at those that wanna come into your thread and Pizz all over the cornflakes.
    Yes, don't let those people be disappointed that the very reasons they stuck with BlackBerry all these years are gone! Their concerns over whether the phone can do what they need it to do are not important because the lock screen disappears as you swipe up!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! THAT is what matters in a phone, not whether or not you can use it all day, or if it contributes to a productive day by retaining your email!
    02-27-13 05:47 PM
    dbmalloy
    Come on -- make one more post!
    02-27-13 05:55 PM
    Yes, don't let those people be disappointed that the very reasons they stuck with BlackBerry all these years are gone! Their concerns over whether the phone can do what they need it to do are not important because the lock screen disappears as you swipe up!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! THAT is what matters in a phone, not whether or not you can use it all day, or if it contributes to a productive day by retaining your email!
    You are way over reacting. Insecure and afraid of change. Based on the other comments in this thread, you are in the minority. Sorry you couldn't get BBOS8 like you wanted, but then there wouldn't be a future Blackberry if they went that route. Blackberry stabbed you in the back!!!! Now you are reduced to whining, complaining and hijacking threads! So now that BB10 phones are so terrible, will you be moving to Android or iphone?
    MERCDROID likes this.
    02-27-13 06:01 PM
    Originally Posted by BlackB_G
    For those of you holding out on the z10 due to either the app excuses, lame excuses about how certain things have changed i.e. Profiles, battery moans etc... you're only playing yourself.

You're playing yourself when you think the world revolves around you! And nobody else matters.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-13 06:02 PM
    02-27-13 06:03 PM
    You are way over reacting. Insecure and afraid of change. Based on the other comments in this thread, you are in the minority. Sorry you couldn't get BBOS8 like you wanted, but then there wouldn't be a future Blackberry if they went that route. Blackberry stabbed you in the back!!!! Now you are reduced to whining, complaining and hijacking threads! So now that BB10 phones are so terrible, will you be moving to Android or iphone?
    Hang on, he said BlackBerry users love certain features of legacy OS and they're unhappy they're missing from BB10.
    Most, if not all, honest people would agree.

You respond by calling him insecure, afraid, in the minority, a whiner, complainer and accuse him of hijacking threads. Then you suggest he moves to another OS.
    And he's overreacting is he?
    Saiga likes this.
    02-27-13 06:12 PM
    Hang on, he said BlackBerry users love certain features of legacy OS and they're unhappy they're missing from BB10.
    Most, if not all, honest people would agree.

You respond by calling him insecure, afraid, in the minority, a whiner, complainer and accuse him of hijacking threads. Then you suggest he moves to another OS.
    And he's overreacting is he?
    Yes He is over reacting and so are you. I was simply commending the OP on not abandoning his thread. He stuck to his guns and defended his statements throughout the thread. Did I mention anything about his statements? Did I call him out. Your buddy didn't have to leave the snarky sarcastic comment, did he? The OP got it right, lame.
    02-27-13 06:54 PM
    Actually, I'm waiting until they finally get around during to releasing the Z10 in my country, then I'll go try it and see if I enjoy it. I'm already aware of the shortcomings of the device, as well as its strengths. I don't believe that the negatives will be enough to stop me from the purchase, but I do want to see if the positives are all they're cracked up to be. However, unlike yourself and the OP, I prefer not to pretend that my needs are the only ones that matter. I prefer not to tell people who are let down by some omissions that their complaints are simple, petty, lame excuses. Instead, I'd prefer to assist them in being heard so that their concerns can be addressed, and maybe that way BB10 can become a platform for everyone and be more successful.
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-27-13 07:04 PM
    Actually, I'm waiting until they finally get around during to releasing the Z10 in my country, then I'll go try it and see if I enjoy it. I'm already aware of the shortcomings of the device, as well as its strengths. I don't believe that the negatives will be enough to stop me from the purchase, but I do want to see if the positives are all they're cracked up to be. However, unlike yourself and the OP, I prefer not to pretend that my needs are the only ones that matter. I prefer not to tell people who are let down by some omissions that their complaints are simple, petty, lame excuses. Instead, I'd prefer to assist them in being heard so that their concerns can be addressed, and maybe that way BB10 can become a platform for everyone and be more successful.
    LMAO! Ok, I really appreciate your efforts then. Please continue to champion the cause. And on that note, I am done with this thread before a mod shows up and really does pizz all over the cornflakes!
    02-27-13 07:10 PM
    In defence of the OP let me say the BlackBerry Z10 is impressive out of the gate. With the addition of those core features for PIM (email, calendar, contacts, tasks) and BlackBerry Bridge this smartphone can be an exemplary ambassador for the entire BlackBerry 10 product line. Some people are tired of deja-vu a la BlackBerry PlayBook wherein it took a year to deliver v2.0 which should have been ready at the time of original launch in April 2011. BlackBerry must deliver near perfection out of the gate; thus far they have stumbled a few times and can be competitive in this race. Make no mistake BlackBerry is in a 1 000 metre dash not a marathon so recovery late in the race is not an option.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-27-13 07:26 PM
    You find profiles are still 'bang on' even though you can no longer customise individual volumes, vibrate lengths and email account sounds without a third party app that isn't able to recognise profiles that are active.
    I pretty much use Vibrate exclusively, but I thought you could customize ringtone for each email account. AGAIN, I HAVE NOT TRIED.

I agree the profiles are oversimplified. As I said,I don't use sounds but I differentiated message types by number & length of vibrations. Having no choice but a single long vibration is annoying to me. I guess I've been spoiled by that legacy BBOS feature.
    But it's a little soon out of the gate to freak out about it. Here's to hoping those options come back.

And you say the email has not changed even though you can't see the senders email addresses or cced email addresses, there's no BIS, you can't resend an email easily if it fails sending, and you can't delete on device only.
    The deleting on server issue sucks for me. I keep a ton of extra messages in the Hub because I want them on my PC to keep, even though I don't want them on my BB. (If I have my PC & Outlook open, then problem solved since it's already grabbed the messages.)

My understanding is that BBM still works via BIS. Unsure if that translates to BBM Voice & BBM Video too.
    This is the trade-off for a device that's as fast as anything else out there.

*** you can see cc email addresses! Just tap on sender's name at top to expand the recipients section. Tap on the little tag of name for any cc and you'll see their email address.
    You're right though about the sender; only just realized that. If you Reply or Reply-All, then you can see it by tapping on their name "tag" just the cc people in an incoming email.
    Sorry, hope that made sense.
    02-27-13 07:58 PM
    Nice try Thor! LOL

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    Now there was a woman and the Airplane And we had no music except a record (vinyl) player lol and am radio was cutting edge lol
    02-27-13 09:00 PM
    Oh really?
    Source?
    Why do people just make things up and pass it off as fact?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Internet Service - MTN gives the facts regarding unlimited plans and BBM | CrackBerry.com

also ever see the little BIS icon on the Z10 its there
    02-27-13 09:45 PM
    The forums have given us a pretty good sense of the limitations of this phone. For some, these limitations (e.g. 30 days of email, lack of specific apps, etc.) are deal-breakers, and that's that (until/unless updates occur). There is no point in trying to tell them that they should get the Z10 ASAP because it just won't do what they need it to do NOW. That said, for fence-sitters with no such known deal-breakers that are perhaps put-off by negativity on some threads... this phone is awesome. Get it.
    02-27-13 10:03 PM
    In defence of the OP let me say the BlackBerry Z10 is impressive out of the gate. With the addition of those core features for PIM (email, calendar, contacts, tasks) and BlackBerry Bridge this smartphone can be an exemplary ambassador for the entire BlackBerry 10 product line. Some people are tired of deja-vu a la BlackBerry PlayBook wherein it took a year to deliver v2.0 which should have been ready at the time of original launch in April 2011. BlackBerry must deliver near perfection out of the gate; thus far they have stumbled a few times and can be competitive in this race. Make no mistake BlackBerry is in a 1 000 metre dash not a marathon so recovery late in the race is not an option.
    Very true, and while not speaking for anyone else in the thread, I'm very excited for the possibilities of BB10. But to the point of the thread, even the BlackBerry Bridge you mentioned has been neutered from what was possible on the Legacy OS. No one wanted to stay in the past, and I think everyone is happy that BlackBerry rebuilt from scratch. But I also think it's understandable for people to be disappointed that several things that made their BlackBerry so crucial didn't make the cut. There was a lot of things that the old BlackBerry didn't do right (and a lot of things it didn't do at all), but there was a few things that BlackBerry did better than anyone. I can understand why people would've wanted those things to carry over first and foremost. I'm sure those things are coming, but like you said, time isn't on their side. Had the original poster said, "Yeah, it sucks that those things are gone for those that like them, but if there's any way you can do without them, do it, cuz this phone is worth it!" then that's one thing. But to claim that people's desire for those features are "lame excuses" is kind of harsh. These folks didn't jump to iOS or Android because these features weren't on those platforms; why should they jump to the new BlackBerry platform for the same reason? Saying you're let down cuz the thing doesn't toast bread is a lame excuse; wishing the new phone did what their old phones do is legitimate, and I really hope BlackBerry is on the ball enough to provide it for them ASAP. It just reminds me of the people who say "BlackBerry doesn't need Instagram cuz I don't use it." That's not the way for them to be successful, which is what we all want in the end.
    bobauckland and adrianod1993 like this.
    02-27-13 10:29 PM
    The forums have given us a pretty good sense of the limitations of this phone. For some, these limitations (e.g. 30 days of email, lack of specific apps, etc.) are deal-breakers, and that's that (until/unless updates occur). There is no point in trying to tell them that they should get the Z10 ASAP because it just won't do what they need it to do NOW. That said, for fence-sitters with no such known deal-breakers that are perhaps put-off by negativity on some threads... this phone is awesome. Get it.
    And, as is the norm, someone says in 5 lines what I couldn't say in 50...
    02-27-13 10:30 PM
    If I only needed 15 days of email I'd already have the Z10. Did you actually read my response?
    I did, and shook my head at the comeback. You definitely don't need a short term solution.
    02-27-13 10:45 PM
    My opinion - I wanted BlackBerry 10 to build on the advantages of the OS7 while addressing some of its obvious short comings. Legacy BlackBerry devices have never been great at media consumption or entertainment. The cameras suck, third party app support sucks, and browsing wasn't as good as it should have been. So in a perfect world, BB10 would have addressed those issues.

Welp, they tried to address those issues. The camera still isn't the best out there, but it is better. Third party app support is better if you're into quantity over quality. And the browser has gotten better.

Too bad those few improvements came at the cost of a bunch of lost features that made BlackBerry my device of choice. BB used to have the best email, best notifications, best calendar, best data compression, a awesome native RSS feed reader and other great features from apps like Bridge and Protect. The old BlackBerry devices even had usable native apps for social networks like twitter and Facebook. But BB10 looses a lot of those things. The things that did make the move are poor examples of their former selves. Jelly Bean is now better for communication than a BlackBerry. I can have custom alerts for ALL of my accounts on Android. I can also assign LED colors for notifications. Why in the world can't I do those things with BB10?

BB10 in its current state is not as good for communication and work as OS7 and it still isn't as good for entertainment as iOS and Android. It makes me wonder why BB10 fans just didn't move to iOS or Android instead of waiting through all of the delays. A fondness of BB10 shows me that you probably never needed a BlackBerry in the first place. - My opinion.
    02-27-13 10:46 PM
79 1234