For those of you holding out on the z10 due to either the app excuses, lame excuses about how certain things have changed i.e. Profiles, battery moans etc... you're only playing yourself.

I got it yesterday here in the uk on EE. This phone is so much more better than old blackberries that you would not even look back. Even this crackberry app I'm using right now is so fly.. you just gotta try it to believe it. There are loads of Android apps that work just fine and you wouldn't be missing anything.

I've got whatsapp, Im+, flipboard, BBC news, YouTube, Google maps, social scope, cnn news, etc. The official Facebook app on my opinion is better than the BlackBerry os version. I've read here and there that some folks are moaning about it.. that's their opinion but I think it rocks.

The messaging experience is top class. You can make voice calls on bbm with carrier data so no wifi limitations. The keyboard is so good. Every review has basically said it's the best they ever used.

And trust me.. it is way cooler when you're on the train and the 100 or so people around you are on their Iphones or androids then you pull this out.

Stop wasting time.. get this phone. One thing is for sure... it can only get better.

Posted via CB10
    Trini-34, sosof, Corbu and 21 others like this.
    02-27-13 02:23 PM
    Now this is the type of SHHH I like to see here on CB-forum... Excellent Post! Thank you for sharing!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-13 02:34 PM
    The upsides of this phone massively outweigh the downsides.
    02-27-13 02:39 PM
    I couldn't have said it better myself

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-13 02:40 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB 10 app. Boom.
    02-27-13 02:40 PM
    Cant wait for this to come to the States.

Thank you for the post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-27-13 02:41 PM
    Nice try Thor! LOL

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    cckgz4, BergerKing and kevinnugent like this.
    02-27-13 02:48 PM
    Sorry but the fb app is bad non matter how you cut it

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 03:00 PM
    I would concur with the OP. The sooner people move on with BB10 the sooner BlackBerry can bring all their resources to bear on it. Just the keyboard, the browser, the screen, the UI and the CB app is enough to convince me this is the way forward.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and pmccartney like this.
    02-27-13 03:01 PM

And trust me.. it is way cooler when you're on the train and the 100 or so people around you are on their Iphones or androids then you pull this out.
    However, iPhone fans are constantly ridiculed on Crackberry for getting phones to be cool.
    02-27-13 03:06 PM
    For those of you holding out on the z10 due to either the app excuses, lame excuses about how certain things have changed i.e. Profiles, battery moans etc... you're only playing yourself.

I got it yesterday here in the uk on EE. This phone is so much more better than old blackberries that you would not even look back. Even this crackberry app I'm using right now is so fly.. you just gotta try it to believe it. There are loads of Android apps that work just fine and you wouldn't be missing anything.

I've got whatsapp, Im+, flipboard, BBC news, YouTube, Google maps, social scope, cnn news, etc. The official Facebook app on my opinion is better than the BlackBerry os version. I've read here and there that some folks are moaning about it.. that's their opinion but I think it rocks.

The messaging experience is top class. You can make voice calls on bbm with carrier data so no wifi limitations. The keyboard is so good. Every review has basically said it's the best they ever used.

Stop wasting time.. get this phone. One thing is for sure... it can only get better.

Posted via CB10

Glad you're happy bud.
    Be interested to hear how you feel when you've spent more than a day with it.
    cckgz4 and BergerKing like this.
    02-27-13 03:09 PM
    For those of you holding out on the z10 due to either the app excuses, lame excuses about how certain things have changed i.e. Profiles, battery moans etc.
    Everyone has different priorities and reasons for buying a phone. Those things might be "lame" to you, but are deal-killers for me.
    02-27-13 03:16 PM
    Everyone has different priorities and reasons for buying a phone. Those things might be "lame" to you, but are deal-killers for me.
    Fair enough but mate. If you were a friend who lived nearby I'd give you the phone for a day then ask your opinion later on. The pros far outweigh the cons and u can be almost sure that as time progresses, blackberry would try to put in features that made the BlackBerry experience what it is. If you decide to wait.. Good on you but I'm in from the get go. Just put my 9860 on Amazon already.

Heard people asking about push email and stuff.. it is push. Have no fear.

Posted via CB10
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    02-27-13 03:45 PM
    I think your comment a little bit on the flippant side. What you really mean is that those items make little or no difference to you, personally.
    The 30-day maximum email sync is a show-stopper for me. I'm a project manager, and my projects last a year or more. I have to access old email while on the go. So, I'm awaiting the OS update that is supposed to address this. Once that drops, I'm on-board. Until then, I stick with my old reliable 9900.
    02-27-13 03:48 PM
    I'm not being flippant. You guys take this phone business to seriously at times lol. Just saying.. What u give up for the near future does not even really matter given what u gain. Just like everything else. Don't knock it till you try it.

The email issue for instance. Even on my 9860 I set it up to keep only 15 days worth of mails. So the 30 for me is plenty.

Posted via CB10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    02-27-13 03:52 PM
    I would enjoy the chance to try one but, but alas my little country was not included in the launch.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    MERCDROID, BergerKing and TgeekB like this.
    02-27-13 03:59 PM
    I'm not being flippant. You guys take this phone business to seriously at times lol. Just saying.. What u give up for the near future does not even really matter given what u gain. Just like everything else. Don't knock it till you try it.

The email issue for instance. Even on my 9860 I set it up to keep only 15 days worth of mails. So the 30 for me is plenty.

Posted via CB10
    If I only needed 15 days of email I'd already have the Z10. Did you actually read my response?
    bobauckland and MERCDROID like this.
    02-27-13 04:01 PM
    A bit harsh on the "lame" front but I understand the setiment.....
    02-27-13 04:10 PM
    So the new features and quality of the Z10 are certainly welcome. But the loss of some of the core BlackBerry features like battery life, profiles, email management, etc, are very important for some people. Those features differentiated the BlackBerry brand from its competition, and for some, those things were what made BlackBerry the ultimate communication tool, and kept them from switching. There are some new features that now differentiate the brand, but for those people that really made use of those core features, it's one step forward, two steps back. Telling people what they do or don't want in a phone is very Apple-like, and quite frankly, ain't nobody here got the marketing department for that.
    bobauckland, katesbb, Ecm and 2 others like this.
    02-27-13 04:13 PM
    Pretty much spot on. ^^^

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-27-13 04:26 PM
    The thing is.. nothing has changed. The profiles are still bang on. Not as customizable but still top notch. The email has not changed.. it works as good as old bbos and so much better in terms of display of the actual emails. The battery is not bad either. I'm not knocking anyone's opinions but for the most part they are for me.. irrelevant. Up to yesterday.. I was of the old school of thought and felt I'd given up so much but after one full day.. I haven't lost anything. Got my most used apps back.. just loaded up the os 5 and 6 ring tones downloaded from this site.

I've had only one annoyance.. bbm group messages tone.. couldn't set to silent but low and behold, the solution was to remove from hub. No further issues. The speed, stability, no spinning clock, the hub, keyboard, screen, OS, etc.. are just way to much of an improvement for me to pick on not having up to 30 days email on device. That's what remote search is there for. I always did it that was on my 9860 if I needed emails older than 15 days.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:46 PM
    The thing is.. nothing has changed. The profiles are still bang on. Not as customizable but still top notch. The email has not changed.. it works as good as old bbos and so much better in terms of display of the actual emails. The battery is not bad either. I'm not knocking anyone's opinions but for the most part they are for me.. irrelevant. Up to yesterday.. I was of the old school of thought and felt I'd given up so much but after one full day.. I haven't lost anything. Got my most used apps back.. just loaded up the os 5 and 6 ring tones downloaded from this site.

I've had only one annoyance.. bbm group messages tone.. couldn't set to silent but low and behold, the solution was to remove from hub. No further issues. The speed, stability, no spinning clock, the hub, keyboard, screen, OS, etc.. are just way to much of an improvement for me to pick on not having up to 30 days email on device. That's what remote search is there for. I always did it that was on my 9860 if I needed emails older than 15 days.

Posted via CB10
    So in 1 day you got your most used apps from os7 back, even though most os7 apps aren't out for bb10 yet.

You found a solution for a problem you were having, which was to stop using the hub for BBM. The hub being one of the major new features.

You found the battery life to be fine when most people find the first day the worst.

You find profiles are still 'bang on' even though you can no longer customise individual volumes, vibrate lengths and email account sounds without a third party app that isn't able to recognise profiles that are active.

And you say the email has not changed even though you can't see the senders email addresses or cced email addresses, there's no BIS, you can't resend an email easily if it fails sending, and you can't delete on device only.

There's misinformation, then there's trolling, then there's what you're saying.

Posted via CB10
    kenorian, Ecm, Saiga and 2 others like this.
    02-27-13 04:54 PM
    However, iPhone fans are constantly ridiculed on Crackberry for getting phones to be cool.
    and blackberry fans are constantly ridiculed in every day life for having a blackberry, shut up if you have nothing constructive to add.

my Z10 is awesome i have no complaints and the facebook app is fine, although i hardly ever use facebook but when i do use the app i have nothing to complain about
    02-27-13 04:56 PM
    Fair enough but mate. If you were a friend who lived nearby I'd give you the phone for a day then ask your opinion later on. The pros far outweigh the cons and u can be almost sure that as time progresses, blackberry would try to put in features that made the BlackBerry experience what it is. If you decide to wait.. Good on you but I'm in from the get go. Just put my 9860 on Amazon already.

Heard people asking about push email and stuff.. it is push. Have no fear.

Posted via CB10
    and there is still BIS only it doesn't push e mails or compress data, but it is still a secure browsing gateway
    02-27-13 04:58 PM
    and there is still BIS only it doesn't push e mails or compress data, but it is still a secure browsing gateway
    Oh really?
    Source?
    Why do people just make things up and pass it off as fact?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:00 PM
79 123 ...