I currently have the LG Dare, and I like it, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't do enough for me. I'm currently stuck with Verizon, and Blackberry's are the only decent phones that have social networking apps, which is the main reason I want a blackberry. I'm planning on getting the Tour when it comes out. I understand that they're more for business people, but they have been making them more consumer friendly, right? I'm 14 years old and I'd have to pay the 30 extra dollars a month. I wish sidekick was with Verizon because I know that's like a kid-ish blackberry. if you think that I'm too young, could you maybe suggest phones?

Thanks!
    05-16-09 12:01 PM
    Im 14 just got a storm for my birthday a few months back

I would go the storm i had a voyager almost exact to dare with qwerty. I love my storm miles ahead of voyager.

Or just go tour like you said its going to be a great phone.
    05-16-09 12:10 PM
    I'm 13 and I have a 8900 and a 8100. While you can not get either on Verizon, you can get the 8130, and the 9630 when it drops. You will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by branden3112; 05-16-09 at 05:36 PM.
    05-16-09 12:38 PM
    Get a 8900 or a bold...I would suggest an 8900 more because its light, it feels more like a cute lil toy!
    The bold is abit heavier, bigger and bulkier, it feels more like a MANS phone rather than a kidish one, but it has 3g which means fast internet browsing - but to be honest the 8900's internet loads site just as fast as the bold so I suggest the 8900!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 12:47 PM
    If was in your shoes I would maybe get an curve form verizon as it is a very stable phone, but if you want somethimg new than the storm is a phone to get. I would not wait on the tour as you may be waiting for a few months when you could alreayd have one and enjoying it.

05-16-09 01:28 PM
    If you just want texting, browsing, games, IM, and such, you don't need a BB. Save youself $30 or $40 a month and get some other media-friendly phone. There are many.

05-16-09 01:53 PM
    The curve is a solid device that has stood the test of time. Check out this thread that has been discussing this issue for some additional thoughts...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...kberry-144150/
    05-16-09 01:56 PM
    Assuming you're a texting freak () I'd recommend the Curve over the Storm for Verizon. The Curve has a great keyboard, and as stated above, is very stable. If you can or are willing to, try holding out a month or two for the new Tour.
    05-16-09 01:58 PM
    Depending how old the youth is. I'd get them a Pearl till they are mature enough for another Blackberry.

05-16-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah.. 8700, 8300 or 9500 are best choice for youth/ teens. IHMO..
    05-16-09 04:22 PM
    Try to find..." The Cute and Stylist Hand held
    Curve or 8900 Is better
    05-18-09 10:51 AM
    You can never go wrong with a Curve...
    05-18-09 10:53 AM
    Just depends how much money you want to spend and what you like.
    05-18-09 10:54 AM
    I would suggest wither the pearl or the curve. I personally prefer the curve because of the qwerty keyboard and larger display. The curve has been around and has PROVED itself and is a solid "bullet proof" device.
    You'll have to play with the storm and determine for yourself if it's right for you. If you are patient, which most are not, wait until VZW gets their version of the Bold.
    05-18-09 11:00 AM
    Since you are stuck on verizon I would recommend the Tour or maybe even the Storm II when they come out. I don't think that any one blackberry is really anymore consumer friendly than another because they are essentially all running the same OS.

What I would do is get a curve or pearl cheap of ebay or craigslist for now and then when the storm II or Tour comes out sell it and get one of those.
    05-18-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";