Love my BlackBerry devices, especially the z10. BlackBerry has to provide an ecosystem that removes the need for an apple or android device.

Also add video to cross-platform BBM... imessage/facetime alone are enough reason to get an apple device.

Would even go as far to say to do a partnership with Roku and have Blend come preloaded.

Content is an important part of the discussion too ... can't buy from Google play, iTunes, BlackBerry World, and Amazon app store.

I get the enterprise play but enterprise users have to experience a complete ecosystem too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by agesparza; 09-28-14 at 07:43 PM.
    09-27-14 09:44 PM
    Give BlackBerry enough money to stay afloat, then maybe we could talk about making a tablet and a smartwatch that only few would invest in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-14 10:00 PM
    A tablet and a smart watch do not an ecosystem make.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-27-14 10:01 PM
    They make a tablet, I have one.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-27-14 10:14 PM
    Just buy a Android tablet and use Blend. Done

Posted via CB10d
    kawikaratekid and Playbook007 like this.
    09-27-14 10:31 PM
    Just buy a Android tablet and use Blend. Done

Posted via CB10d
    Exactly! I was just blending on my ipad a few minutes ago

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    Playbook007 and kawikaratekid like this.
    09-27-14 10:35 PM
    Speak for your self. I I don't want a watch what a waste. I stopped wearing a watch when they started displaying the time on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:16 PM
    What's a watch?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-27-14 11:24 PM
    Yup. Only if BlackBerry thinks they can bring something special to the tablet space or build one for the enterprise based on security . Otherwise they should just stay out of it. BlackBerry Blend is a good solution for users.

BlackBerry Blend
    "All your tablets belong to us" lol

A rip on they saying "All your base are belong to us". If anyone remembers from way back in the early 2000's

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:37 AM
    I love my z30 and a possible passport in my future (if my wife doesn't notice another new BlackBerry) but with the Android player and my android tablet it makes for a pretty decent ecosystem. That being said I would love to be all BlackBerry but let them balance the books and grow users base first.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:58 AM
    Love my BlackBerry devices, especially the z10. BlackBerry has to provide an ecosystem that removes the need for an apple or android device.

Posted via CB10
    You can already break free from android and Apple device by choosing a Windows tablet and a Pebble smart watch.

Windows tablets are what the BlackBerry tablet should have been: a complete focus on productivity. The Blend works on here as well.

Pebble smart watch with the Talk 2 Watch pro app should work seamless when the 10.3.1 update hits and the app is able to run headlessly.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-14 02:21 AM
    You can already break free from android and Apple device by choosing a Windows tablet and a Pebble smart watch.

Windows tablets are what the BlackBerry tablet should have been: a complete focus on productivity. The Blend works on here as well.

Pebble smart watch with the Talk 2 Watch pro app should work seamless when the 10.3.1 update hits and the app is able to run headlessly.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    I'd like the BlackBerry versions with BB10 and all integrated. I'm making the assumption the software would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:58 AM
    I'd like the BlackBerry versions with BB10 and all integrated. I'm making the assumption the software would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, Pebble Smart Watch will not work seamlessly with 10.3 just because Talk2Watch will be going headless. Talk2Watch is limited and doesn't give you the full Pebble experience. Pebble won't run seamlessly on bb10 until Pebble makes a native app intended for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 06:29 AM
    I want a business ecosystem.
    Give me a dummy tablet I can work on or a dumb terminal I can drop my phone on and keep working.

Also proper sharepoint support.

Posted via CB10
    z10Jobe and p9981_Lou like this.
    09-28-14 07:03 AM
    Not when they're making money on bes securing those platforms for their corporate clients.
    For every ios/ andriod device that sells that's a potential profit for BlackBerry securing it.

For the record I use to feel much the same way as you op

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-28-14 08:42 AM
    Blend is the future.. will power everything.. watch, tablet, car

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:44 AM
    Blend is the access to all ecosystems via your BB10 device! We will soon own these devices!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:52 AM
    Less and less tablet users out there as the phones get bigger and more capable. Or at least it's growing at a declining rate I think. And the smart watch market has yet to provide volume or big profits for anyone. I think BlackBerry is wise to steer clear for now.
    09-28-14 09:31 AM
    I love my z30 and a possible passport in my future (if my wife doesn't notice another new BlackBerry)
    Posted via CB10
    Lol I'm in the same situation lol
    09-28-14 10:14 AM
    Exactly! I was just blending on my ipad a few minutes ago

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    Ugh! I should have bought an iPad2 instead of my PlayBook for $699. At least BlackBerry would have supported the iPad!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    MarsupilamiX, jem9777 and gfondeur like this.
    09-28-14 10:15 AM
    Blend is super cool but I want to load one profile on all devices and have a seamless experience. Content management between the iPad and bb10 isn't totally straight forward.

Personally I want a smart watch and need it to work with my BlackBerry. I'm also a more business user but need the ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:24 AM
    It is going to be interesting to see how smartwatches do over the next year or two, especially now Apple do it. I personally can't see it being more than a niche, but since I've been wrong before about what people want I'm not putting money on it!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:26 AM
    Yep, would love BBRY peripherals, but somewhat understand that other things take priority over other hardware pieces.
    09-28-14 10:28 AM
    I still don't understand the point of a smartwatch or what they even really do. I'd love to have someone actually explain it to me!

As for a tablet, tablet sales are already starting to slow down due to phablets. Not sure it's a necessary place to devote limited resources right now.

Building out BBM, Blend, and cloud services seem more critical to creating this "ecosystem."

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 10:37 AM
    I have specific devices to do specific things. My BlackBerry to provide secure communications, my ipod touch as my music, my blackberry PlayBook (until it dues) then a ipad as my tablet.

I don't need or want a device that is a compromise because it needs to do everything.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:53 AM
48 12