Hey everyone. I was curious if anyone could explain why Blackberry is so much better. I have had both the TMobile version and Sprint and while I have no plans to get another standard phone I am confused why Blackberry is so much better. My problems have ranged from slow browser speeds to issues running programs and even loosing my operating system all together. I am not a technology person so this trend has been confusing me greatly why the blackberry is so much better then say a smart phone or pocket pc. For instance with a pocket pc when I set up email accounts it seems to work better since I dont have to go through a BB BIS or BES. I understand I have to set the time to sync but I am not having to go through BB servers to get my info. Also with HTML emails I have to download third party software which I was never able to get to work. To be more specific I guess its why would I get a blackberry over a smart phone or pocket pc? What are the major differences that make the blackberry such a popular option besides "its a blackberry"?
    10-17-08 07:38 AM
    We don't ask questions. We just know we need more BlackBerry.
    10-17-08 07:42 AM
    I don't really get all the hype either. I tried a Treo 700wx last year with Sprint and found that I really hated it. I've had a Curve with Verizon for about 3 months now and like it much better than the Treo.

That said, I had my i580 with Nextel doing most of what I use the BB for. Not necessarily everything the BB can do, but what I use it for. Aside from the phone, I use my BB primarily for email (Gmail), calendar, playing music, watching videos, web browsing. The i580 had a music player built in, I used Opera Mini for web browsing and viewing or adding to my Google Calendar (I couldn't edit or delete events), and used the Gmail client for access to my email. I even had Phonebook Extreme installed, which gave me the ability to poll for mail as often as I wished.

I'm also really a flip-phone kind of guy, so form factor of the BB is something I'm gradually getting used to.

On top of that, I was on a SERO plan with Nextel(Sprint), so the equivalent Verizon plan plus a BIS plan is about 2.5 times the cost of my SERO plan. Had Sprint not tightened up access to the SERO plans just two days after I ported to Verizon, I may have actually gone back.

I still find myself having second thoughts once in a while, but it's too late to go back without an ETF (three of them on a family plan), and I can't get what I once had anyway.
    10-17-08 08:08 AM
    Imho having owned a moto q and a cure I have found the opperating system is more reliable and less likely to crash and freeze. I like the e-mail much better too. All and all I am much happier with this phone than the windows phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 08:09 AM
    I'm also really a flip-phone kind of guy, so form factor of the BB is something I'm gradually getting used to.
    If you prefer flip phones check out the Flip. My prior phone was the Curve and so far I love my Flip as I've always preferred flip phones. Don't knock the Flip until you try it...it's very nice and after a few days you get used to the keyboard.
    10-17-08 08:13 AM
    I had a palm and it crashed several times. Luv my curve no issues lots of accessories and apps for blackberry and the software is very stable. I as well always had to have a flip, now I've went bb there is no goin back. My mom is about to get a Sprint curve my brother has one and 2 of my friends all have curves. We are all addicted! So IMO definitely worth the hype.

10-17-08 08:24 AM
    i am a tech guy and love my gadgets, am gonna list you the gadgets i had in the last year or so and i prefer my bold over all of those

- E90 Communicator
    - I78 Samsung WM
    - E61i Nokia
    - Nokia Luna
    - iphone 1st gen
    - N95 nokia

ever phone has its own features and special distinction, i.e. the e90 with its amazing battery life and browser, iphone with its ease of use, samsung with its WM features but non of them satisfied my business needs as my bold. its emails, screen, loud speaker, various details in controlling how your phone reacts to your needs.

BIS and BES is an amazing idea, my father lost his curve 2 days back and i deleted his emails through BB BIS.

All in all, its what you look in a phone, i have 2 numbers and i kept my E90 and its been with me for the past 14 months. i don't think i will ever give it away, same as my Bold, or at least any other BB device
    Last edited by ramzi188; 10-17-08 at 08:32 AM.
    10-17-08 08:29 AM
    My friend has a MotoQ ans he is always telling me about how it freezes up and crashes and how is connection to the network is miserable.

With my 8800, I have had so such problems. I have done the battery pull restart a few times when it starts to run slow, but since upgrading to OS 4.5.0.81 a few weeks ago, I have not had one problem.

I also do not like the Windows Mobile OS. It might work for some, but not me. Its all based upon personal preference, but my preference is my BlackBerry.

And what other device can you think of that has such a vast and helpful fan base?

10-17-08 08:37 AM
    It's all just personal preference. For some blackberries are the best, for others they are not. It all depends on who you ask. If you come to a site for blackberry users then I would anticipate that most would say blackberries are the best. Go to the iPhone forums at apple and they will tell you why the iPhone is the best. It just depends on who you ask. I would say just try out different devices and platforms and stick with the one you like best that matches your needs closest. I have had several devices with Windows platform from the Moto Q to the Treo and XV6800. I've had A treo with the Palm OS, I've had the iPhone and several blackberries. For me, Blackberry does what I need it to do best for my life. My wife has had all the devices that I have had, and now she can't let go her iPhone. So it all depends on what you need. Only you can convince yourself who is best.
    10-17-08 08:37 AM
    I never knew what the hype @ BB were.. The one thing that I didn't like was the fact that you had to pay extra money to use the internet...That just turned me off...But one day that all changed n I just had too have one...And I have too say that I'm happy n can't see me every going back
    BB 4 life
    10-17-08 08:42 AM
    Blackberry rocks and I'm truely addicted. There should be a seceret bb cult

10-17-08 08:44 AM
    I've had various "phones" over the years, but none of them compare to my Blackberry. I would have to say it is the most useful (and addictive) gadget I own.

Best of luck to you.
    10-17-08 08:48 AM
    I guess to be more specific why is using a blackberry better. Is there something with the way the data is used? Is there something special about the blackberry BIS or BES that makes it better? It seems to me you are at the mercy of BIS and BES, so if that goes down or is having problems your stuck, right? I think the operating system on a BB is awesome but with all the outages I seem to experience it seems like a waste and having to go through a middle man for service.
    Last edited by bullfighter99; 10-17-08 at 09:06 AM.
    10-17-08 09:00 AM
    Blackberry rocks and I'm truely addicted. There should be a seceret bb cult

There is, it's call Crackberry , shhhh, don't tell anyone.
    10-17-08 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";