Quick question---I just moved from a Verizon blackberry bold 9330 to the iphone5. I love my bold 9330 and still have it. I have it on wifi and I can still use facebook and internet/browser. However, I'd love to use my email on the blackberry still. Is that possible? I will probably be returning to this blackberry later this year so I'm keeping it, but was hoping to still be able to send emails in wifi. I've read on different posts and internet sites that what I'm asking to do (continue to use email via the blackberry is not possible as I no longer have a "plan" on it); however, I wanted to confirm with everyone here. Thanks!
    07-21-13 12:29 PM
    once your BIS plan is shut down the email will no longer work.

There are times it will work for a while after but eventually it will be cut. So keep the device going until it stops lol
    07-21-13 12:35 PM
    OK--too bad ..was hoping the BB would be like my old droid--i can still do everything on my old droid (but just in wifi)
    07-21-13 02:35 PM
    In my experience, you can run Androids/iPhones on BIS data plan, as they double as generic data plans too. So, if the price of BIS and non-BIS data plans is the same, maybe you could switch to an equivalent quantity BIS plan, which would make it possible to run both devices when you switch between them.
    07-21-13 03:32 PM
    ok thanks. Yes, I'm going to miss my BB. I really thought I'd still be able to use it for some light emailing even in WIFI. I guess I should have done research.
    07-21-13 07:44 PM
    Quick question---I just moved from a Verizon blackberry bold 9330 to the iphone5. I love my bold 9330 and still have it. I have it on wifi and I can still use facebook and internet/browser. However, I'd love to use my email on the blackberry still. Is that possible? I will probably be returning to this blackberry later this year so I'm keeping it, but was hoping to still be able to send emails in wifi. I've read on different posts and internet sites that what I'm asking to do (continue to use email via the blackberry is not possible as I no longer have a "plan" on it); however, I wanted to confirm with everyone here. Thanks!
    Same issue. I moved to iPhone and would love to be able to still use my 9930 for email. I still carry it with me because my life is still in it lol

I don't understand why you can't buy a data plan for it
    07-21-13 09:34 PM