No flash on the browser is the kind of thing that WILL get me to leave to something that will have it.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    Adobe doesn't seem to want it either on mobile...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-01-14 08:11 PM
    HTML 5 is the future.

Posted via CB10
    HTML 5 is severely underoptimized and so SLOW. Flash has had over a decade of development and work put into it. Also, Flash supports hardware acceleration while HTML 5 doesn't. This means 1080p Flash videos play perfectly while HTML 5 is only capable of 480p on equal systems.
    Games and apps are much easier to develop in Flash as Adobe has a $500 dedicated software. Not to mention Flash runs much faster.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    10-01-14 08:47 PM
    Can anyone check if you could stream with 10.3.1 browser.
    http://www.couchtuner.eu/

Steps: click a title, select episode, click on "
    Watch it here: file name" then click on vk-mobile and play.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: do not sign in(not required) or provide cc information.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:10 PM
    Flash sites suck battery like nobodies business, as people have gone mobile for web browsing its not an accident that flash has gone/is going away.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-01-14 09:16 PM
    Can't afford to lose BBC, ITV, the US Open, and many, many other sites.
    If BlackBerry 10 has a desktop mode browser, it should support such content as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:17 PM
    Flash sites suck battery like nobodies business, as people have gone mobile for web browsing its not an accident that flash has gone/is going away.
    I haven't noticed any difference with Flash battery life vs. Netflix or any other streaming service. I also use others such as XBMC.
    10-01-14 10:09 PM
    Can anyone check if you could stream with 10.3.1 browser.
    http://www.couchtuner.eu/

Steps: click a title, select episode, click on "
    Watch it here: file name" then click on vk-mobile and play.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: do not sign in(not required) or provide cc information.

Posted via CB10
    Help me. Help us.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:20 PM
    ***IF**** BB decides to do away with flash for good, I might actually keep my .1154 even with all its hiccups

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1154
    10-01-14 11:26 PM
    It is one of the most useful features BB10 has over competition! And in certain cases it is really useful!! There's already the option to disable it in the browser, why totally remove it?!? Can someone inside BlackBerry explain us?
    Flash is old, buggy, and not supported by many anymore.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    10-01-14 11:36 PM
    Flash is still used on so many websites... I don't know how people can say it's not used much anymore. That's going to be a real bummer if we don't get some sort of flash player. I really don't want to have to use the android browser (dolphin or something like that) to load up a flash video.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and just_luc like this.
    10-02-14 11:49 AM
    Flash is still used on so many websites... I don't know how people can say it's not used much anymore. That's going to be a real bummer if we don't get some sort of flash player. I really don't want to have to use the android browser (dolphin or something like that) to load up a flash video.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I don't recall BlackBerry ever saying that they will remove flash. Adobe air yes. But never did they mention flash.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-02-14 11:57 AM
    Isn't html5 worse than flash?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:58 AM
    No flash on the browser is the kind of thing that WILL get me to leave to something that will have it.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    You do realise that since Adobe is no longer supporting and updating mobile flash (will be on v11 forever) that it will essentially stop working anyway?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-02-14 12:07 PM
    Isn't html5 worse than flash?

Posted via CB10
    Nope its better
    Flash games and whatnot had hardware requirements and had out of control memory issues because it was made during the Pentium days making it very unstable and crash prone

Html5 is hardware independent and doesn't require plugins and an industry standards usage is amazing not to mention no media player is needed because the app detects what you are using and offers in page playback

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-02-14 01:10 PM
    Rofl had me scared there. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:23 PM
    Worth noting: most of the major media sites that do still use Flash (BBC, CNN) do also have either native apps or APKs that will run in BB10...
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-02-14 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    In the end, that is an issue for Web designers. If they want their content restricted so that it can only be viewed on Mac and Windows computers then they can continue to use Flash.

The rest of the devices out there have already abandoned it.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-02-14 04:32 PM
    Not sure why everyone says Flash isn't used anymore. In particular, I like to use the full website for YouTube and it still requires Flash to be enabled on my Passport. And, it still says it's Flash on IE11. So it would appear YouTube still uses Flash. And, if YouTube still uses Flash that means all those embedded videos I see on CrackBerry still use Flash. Maybe it's dead for most mobile users but I didn't get a Passport to use mobile sites. I have it to mimic a desktop experience as close as possible. (Which it is wonderful for might I add)

I understand Adobe AIR isn't going to be supported anymore. Is there anything official that says Flash won't be either? I'll be sorely disappointed if Flash is no more.
    smart548 likes this.
    10-02-14 06:18 PM
    HTML 5 is the future.

Posted via CB10
    I don't care if it's the future or not, if it's good or it isn't... If the past is better, give me the past over the future.... Simple fact is, I like to watch streams when i'm outside home, I can today, and I won't after the update without flash, and that's VERY anoying
    smart548 and Rowan M like this.
    10-02-14 06:21 PM

I just need to correct this a bit. Almost every illegal streaming site I use is 100% flash Just saying
    10-02-14 06:21 PM

80-90% of video live stream players are flash...
    yessuz likes this.
    10-02-14 06:23 PM
    I just need to correct this a bit. Almost every illegal streaming site I use is 100% flash Just saying
    THIS

I don't care if flash is old or buggy or whatever, it could be stone age or older than the moon, couldn't care less about it's age... But I need it to watch streams, so I want it
    10-02-14 06:23 PM
    Not sure why everyone says Flash isn't used anymore. In particular, I like to use the full website for YouTube and it still requires Flash to be enabled on my Passport. And, it still says it's Flash on IE11. So it would appear YouTube still uses Flash. And, if YouTube still uses Flash that means all those embedded videos I see on CrackBerry still use Flash. Maybe it's dead for most mobile users but I didn't get a Passport to use mobile sites. I have it to mimic a desktop experience as close as possible. (Which it is wonderful for might I add)

I understand Adobe AIR isn't going to be supported anymore. Is there anything official that says Flash won't be either? I'll be sorely disappointed if Flash is no more.
    HTML5 for Youtube is the default for Chrome/Firefox desktop browsers and I fired up IE11 on my Windows 10 tech preview that doesn't have Flash installed and youtube works fine.

Flash will still be around, some sites don't have the manpower to recode, it just will diminish in importance over time and for mobile sites its mostly gone already.
    10-02-14 06:33 PM
    HTML5 for Youtube is the default for Chrome/Firefox desktop browsers and I fired up IE11 on my Windows 10 tech preview that doesn't have Flash installed and youtube works fine.

Flash will still be around, some sites don't have the manpower to recode, it just will diminish in importance over time and for mobile sites its mostly gone already.
    Are you sure it doesn't have Flash? Win8 comes with Flash integrated into the OS.

And, your point is mostly mute until it works on my Passport with Flash disabled. Albeit, it would probably work if Flash was removed, but until then...
    10-02-14 06:48 PM

Youtube still utilizes Flash if that's what your platform chooses to use. But it also supports the WebM format (a royalty free and open/BSD license for anyone to use) for HTML5 (and since Google is a huge partner and proponent for WebM, they're pushing hard for WebM use, and eventually phasing Flash out).

Since the BB browser is hyped to be the mobile browser with the most HTML5 support, I can't imagine why your Youtube videos won't play without Flash. The only possible reason would be because they specifically chose not to support the WebM codec (which everybody else does).
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 10-02-14 at 07:20 PM.
    10-02-14 07:06 PM
210 1234 ...