I don't know where there stores around here are getting there info but I live PG county area and verizon,Best Buy,and some stands in the mall say BlackBerrys won't exist buy next year! Could these BB10 phones be a false hope? Knowing the company won't be around long.Makes me wonder if companys do things like that just to keep the last dollar rolling in
    08-11-12 03:25 PM
    I wouldn't worry about BB10 until it comes out.
    08-11-12 04:01 PM
    I hope they will be around. Guess RIM will just have to be a smaller player. With the hardware virtualisation feature of the upcoming chips, I can see RIM playing strongly in that sector. e.g. secure work os partition on e.g. new iphone or android type device.
    Best of both.
    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-12 04:05 PM
    They wouldn't be doing Blackberry Jam World tour, or releasing amazing developer tools if they didn't plan on bringing it to market. Get real. Don't drink others ignorance juice
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    08-11-12 04:14 PM
    Does that taste like KoolAid?
    08-11-12 04:16 PM
    Stick with CrackBerry for correct information regarding Blackberrys.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-11-12 04:29 PM
    Forget what you're hearing. We'll see in a few months.
    08-11-12 04:48 PM
    They wouldn't be doing Blackberry Jam World tour, or releasing amazing developer tools if they didn't plan on bringing it to market. Get real. Don't drink others ignorance juice
    I'm sorry, what kind of juice was that again?
    08-11-12 04:49 PM
    I've never found malls to be an overly credible source of information. Especially from a salesperson on commission.
    08-11-12 05:05 PM
    I don't know where there stores around here are getting there info but I live PG county area and verizon,Best Buy,and some stands in the mall say BlackBerrys won't exist buy next year! Could these BB10 phones be a false hope? Knowing the company won't be around long.Makes me wonder if companys do things like that just to keep the last dollar rolling in
    You can't believe everything you hear.
    08-11-12 06:44 PM
    This is just what they want... but it's not true.
    08-12-12 06:14 AM
    I would avoid listening to these people. Stories like this have been around since 2010 and yet RIM is still here and still pushing forward. Yeah it's tough but they are doing it and tool bags like that give a bad name to BlackBerry
    08-12-12 09:05 AM
    You never know but I think the 78 million subscribers they have seem to indicate that they will be around in some form or another.
    I think when BB10 phones come out, that will put them on at least an equal footing with the other top platforms and hopefully those that hate Apple and Google for their evilness will gravitate to BB.
    08-12-12 09:30 AM
    You never know but I think the 78 million subscribers they have seem to indicate that they will be around in some form or another.
    I think when BB10 phones come out, that will put them on at least an equal footing with the other top platforms and hopefully those that hate Apple and Google for their evilness will gravitate to BB.
    Think about when Sprint and Verizon rolled out the iphone on their networks. Just about the same time Android was really hitting stride. Contracts on those units should be coming up soon. Interesting to see if BB10 can fit into and capitalize on those wanting to try a new OS.
    08-12-12 10:46 AM
    LOL those that hate apple?! Wow sorry haven't heard of that many peeps hating apple considering RIM is struggling because of apple if I were I'd watch what I said b c u sound pathetic. Sorry to be harsh but I am starting to get annoyed with people like u! I LOVE BB don't get me wrong but I also LOVE my IPHONE! They r CELL PHONES an people need to start treating them as just that, CELL phones...THINGS!
    Lmao you really think there aren't people that hate apple.
    I know a few people that hate apple and would never invest in an apple produce. Myself included. The way that company goes about doing business is unethical and low. The way they manipulate a persons mind into believing other devices are crappie while theirs are superior. The fact that they blacklist people for saying negative press or the way they go about doing things, like when you bring your device in they change the screws so only they can repair it. Or the facts that they have to sue everyone for patent infringements including the company that saved them from death.

RIMs crime is not releasing a product to keep up with what the consumer market has shifted to and they get dumped on for it. Dispite all the good they have others have been made to believe that because they don't have a billion apps or a front facing camera that they products are no good. That because a reboot is needed when you install an app or a battery pull is needed every so often to clear memory bugs. Or as my cousins says the little clock on the screen of her 8900curve that she compares to an iphone 4s.

So you can get pissed at people that do or say that all you want but the truth is the only ones more deserving of the hate is intact apple. RIM quietly goes about doing their business while others have to fight against themselves.

PKcable I apologizes for instigating more trolling it just needed to be said.
    08-12-12 09:46 PM
    I would love to see a video of a salesman/woman behaving this way...It doesn't make sense (logically) to deter a sale/commission because of fanboyism...I can understand salesmen/women selling what's popular or the least returned item, however I find it hard to believe that they are that constantly telling customers that RIM is going out of business.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 09:59 PM
    I would love to see a video of a salesman/woman behaving this way...It doesn't make sense (logically) to deter a sale/commission because of fanboyism...I can understand salesmen/women selling what's popular or the least returned item, however I find it hard to believe that they are that constantly telling customers that RIM is going out of business.

It happens, When I was in buying my SG3, I was being pushed very heavily by a sales person to buy the HTC OneX which she also had, My BlackBerry that kept going off in my pocket she laughed at and said I can see why you want Android, when I said it was as a Play Thing I'd never give up BlackBerry, she went off on reasons BlackBerry's sucked, much of her information was based off of using an OS5 device, maybe a short stint with OS6, but certainly not OS7, Her fanboy(girl)ism toward HTC and to a lesser extent Android turned me off dealing with her, and I purchased the SG3 an hour later from someone else.

Being the Junky I am, and the fact I use Cellphone stores as my familiar escapes when I travel better than me going to McDonalds and having a Bigmac to kill time, I run into MANY overly zealot sales people in cellphone stores. Just like at Video Game stores you'll have the Xbox staff and the PS3 staff.
    08-12-12 10:10 PM
    It happens, When I was in buying my SG3, I was being pushed very heavily by a sales person to buy the HTC OneX which she also had, My BlackBerry that kept going off in my pocket she laughed at and said I can see why you want Android, when I said it was as a Play Thing I'd never give up BlackBerry, she went off on reasons BlackBerry's sucked, much of her information was based off of using an OS5 device, maybe a short stint with OS6, but certainly not OS7, Her fanboy(girl)ism toward HTC and to a lesser extent Android turned me off dealing with her, and I purchased the SG3 an hour later from someone else.

Being the Junky I am, and the fact I use Cellphone stores as my familiar escapes when I travel better than me going to McDonalds and having a Bigmac to kill time, I run into MANY overly zealot sales people in cellphone stores. Just like at Video Game stores you'll have the Xbox staff and the PS3 staff.

Fair enough, I've heard reps voice their opinions on older devices, but from my experience a lot of reps enjoy the bold & torch...Reps trying to push a device on me that I don't want would irk the crap out of me...The "don't buy RIMM, they're going out of business" talk is what gets me. You would think a manager or another employee would step in and say something if a rep is being that obnoxious. I was one of those video game zealots ( I worked for ebgames during my first two years of college, pay sucked, but being around people that enjoyed videogames just as much as I was priceless)...

08-12-12 10:37 PM

I would have done the same only I wouldn't have gone back to that store and told the person she just lost a customer cuz of her stupidity. I want what I want give me what I ask for don't try to talk me out of it

People do this I have had a security guard do the same thing when ever worked for rogers. He told me they used to talk people out of buying berries
    08-12-12 10:47 PM
    LOL those that hate apple?! Wow sorry haven't heard of that many peeps hating apple considering RIM is struggling because of apple if I were I'd watch what I said b c u sound pathetic. Sorry to be harsh but I am starting to get annoyed with people like u! I LOVE BB don't get me wrong but I also LOVE my IPHONE! They r CELL PHONES an people need to start treating them as just that, CELL phones...THINGS!
    To be fair, Apple, with all their marketing gloss, have made the 'cellphone' a person so to speak (Siri). Reminds me of the time I had a debate with my friend to which she said "can you talk to your BlackBerry" to which I said "no, I don't wanna talk to my phone like it's a person"
    08-13-12 01:23 AM
    They push other devices which will make them more commisssion or their bosses false them to push.

These people know, when being asked / told that we would like to see / buy a Blackberry. They should just sell one to us with no fuss.

An Android or ios shouldn't come into their minds.
    08-13-12 05:53 AM
    Think about when Sprint and Verizon rolled out the iphone on their networks. Just about the same time Android was really hitting stride. Contracts on those units should be coming up soon. Interesting to see if BB10 can fit into and capitalize on those wanting to try a new OS.
    The game is not just about the OS these days...it's also about the app ecosystem. After 2 years, a large chunk of those guys have spent hundreds of dollars on iOS and Android apps. it would be VERY DIFFICULT to get these guys to jump ship.

My arsenal usually includes one Blackberry phone (for BBM and BIS) and one iPhone...and that's how it's been for years. This year i got bored with the iPhone 4S and switched to the Galaxy S III. I know how painful it was to turn my back on 15GB of iPhone apps & games and start afresh on Android.

There's more room for growth in the featurephone using demographic, i think.
    08-13-12 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD