Very nice findings about general compensation of Blackberry Top Management, bonuses in case of a company control change, and a surprising figure related to warranty issues cost on blackberry actual handsets (and playbooks) since 2011..

Recap Figures:

- Thorsten gets a $33.5 million bonus in case of a sale of the company

- Boulben (for his spectacular work as Blackberry CMO!!) is getting paid in 2013 only, more then $4 million!! (i hate this dude, all he came up with was Alicia Keys and a stupid superbowl commercial)

- Blackberry, since 2011, spent more than $1.8 billion settling warranty issues on its products...

- ...And last but not least, Blackberry shareholders saw an investment of $100 in March 2008 plummet to a value of $12.77 in March 2013 at the same time as total Named Executive Officer compensation rose from $15,544,628 to $25,044,614

Have a read through.... And welcome to Capitalism

Viable Opposition: Blackberry - Who Benefits From A Control Change?
    GCPHOTO likes this.
    09-24-13 07:16 AM
    The Mighty Thor will be paid out nicely.
    09-24-13 08:34 AM
    The figure for Thorstein is supposed to be $55 million.
    09-24-13 08:31 PM
    The figure for Thorstein is supposed to be $55 million.
    It is but there are parameter that would trigger the higher level of compensation. See chart below:
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry - Who Benefits From A Control Change?-comp.jpg  
    09-24-13 08:48 PM
    Thanks for this nice spreadsheet. Boggles my mind how a great tech company can do so little, promise so much hope for employees, have to let them go, and then spend a good chunk on exec compensation. How about "bad timing?"
    10-04-13 08:06 PM
    All execs will be getting cut handsome checks
    10-04-13 08:11 PM
    Thanks for this nice spreadsheet. Boggles my mind how a great tech company can do so little, promise so much hope for employees, have to let them go, and then spend a good chunk on exec compensation. How about "bad timing?"
    To entice good talent compensation based on performance is not uncommon. But at the same time Certain unscrupulous employers use these clauses to entice and just before "compensation time" dispose off the entity which will nullify the provisions. This is avoided by clauses for payouts in the event of a sale. But then who said employees are a holy crowd and think only for the Company and its shareholders. To me being an entrepreneur myself 98% of employees have themselves first, their ego and status second and lastly their family. Company, it's shareholders come sadly last or not at all! The 2% good lot are the ones who make success stories such as Google, Apple, MS, IBM. etc. Definition of employees include top management (not major owner) and down! Sad but that is the truth. So now the CEO of BlackBerry has decided nothing much can be done about BlackBerry anymore so "let me fill my coffers and scoot"!!!!

Posted using my Q10
    10-04-13 08:12 PM