I think it was designed to be cheap to build. If it had been popular, the price would have come down very quickly in order to be sold in large volumes.

Posted via CB10
    Well considering that that the Z10 cost more to be made than an iPhone 5 (there was a CB article about it a while ago), I don't think that was the case. If it was, the price would have started out low anyway. It was priced as a high end phone.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-19-14 10:41 AM
    I heard that the Q10 would be greated warmly because of the PKB. Didn't happen. Now it is the belt because these people can't figure out how to use the simplistic gestures. I predict the classic won't sell, and that small, vocal group will be on here saying BB10 needs to be skinned like like BBOS, and/or no BIS, then it will be something else..... they don't want change and won't be happy without a new OS that works just like BBOS, which won't sell well either.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is right. The thing that makes me sigh is that Chen says they are bringing back the belt because they listened to their customers and their customers wanted it. Contrast this with Steve Jobs who paraphrased Henry Ford who said that if he listened to his customers, they would have asked for a faster horse.

The customer is not always right.

BB10 was never really sold properly. The launch was screwed up. The OS was not really done. The hardware was old. App promises were not fulfilled. Marketing was bad and mostly non existent.

I wish BlackBerry would give BB10 one more try and do it the right way: Launch a cutting edge phone with 10.3 with some Android app store; Market it properly with good ads and lots of them; show the advantages of them platform!

Now BlackBerry is picking at the crumbs that Apple and Google don't want. It is very sad.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:45 AM
    The Blackberry hardware seems to be positioning to augment the software and services side. The health and forward strength of the company will depend on that arrangement. Especially with the rise of malware and security issues. Blackberry is not dead, it's just on a diet and losing weight. I'm excited about the future of well toned Blackberry.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    04-19-14 10:47 AM
    Benchmarks don't mean much except for bragging. The camera is much the same as everyone else, look at the comparison photos posted out there. The screen isn't pixelated, the human eye can't see the pixels. Apps have nothing to do with the hardware.
    Normally I agree, but I like a lot of his suggestions actually.
    04-19-14 12:31 PM
    The reason that I became interested in BlackBerry was because of the phones. I was the first person that I knew with a BlackBerry and now I am one of only people I know still using one.

I don't want to rehash what went wrong but only to focus on where we are now.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chen is doing the right thing for investors, but he is doing the wrong thing for me and probably for many others here.

I want a new high end touch screen phone.

I want a new BB10 tablet.

I want BlackBerry to fulfill the vision of the phone and tablet connected over a fully functioning bridge. I want BlackBerry to fully implement things like Remote File Access to realize the Mobile Computing vision.

I want these things to be a priority for the company, even if they are only niche devices.

I believe that BlackBerry can make money selling these things if only they went about it in the right way.

I don't care about BES. I don't care about BBM. I don't care about embedded devices. I don't care about QNX in cars.

I am a smartphone guy. I feel like the BlackBerry that I loved is gone.

Posted via CB10
    RIM now BBRY never was, never intended to be, and never will be a consumer electronics company. That's why it has NEVER had huge marketing efforts. BBRY should stay focused on the Enterprise. Yes that meas BES, BBM, embedded devices and QNX. I see people complaining about BBRYs lack of a consumer push but fail to realize they never really had one. BlackBerrys got popular because important corporate types and celebrities had them. They were the defacto smart phone only competing with Palm at the time. The majority of people still carried feature phones or didn't own cell phones back then. Those are the people consumer companies like Apple and Samsung went after. Of course BlackBerry took a major hit because of a failure to innovate in a timely manner. BlackBerry is still around. It may not be the same company you "loved". It needs to focus on what it does best. The Enterprise. It needs to win back the hearts and minds of Corporations and Governments. It needs to be that hard to obtain, highly desired item. It will NEVER win in a race with Apple and Samsung. It needs to be the best at what it does and properly communicate that to the entities that matter: Corporations and Government Agencies.

Just my two cents. :-)
    RazzBerry, Alain_A and acovey like this.
    04-19-14 12:41 PM
    Of course you do

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    Actually I do too. The one is nice but the Z10 has a better shape and feel for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:00 PM
    RIM now BBRY never was, never intended to be, and never will be a consumer electronics company. That's why it has NEVER had huge marketing efforts. BBRY should stay focused on the Enterprise. Yes that meas BES, BBM, embedded devices and QNX. I see people complaining about BBRYs lack of a consumer push but fail to realize they never really had one. BlackBerrys got popular because important corporate types and celebrities had them. They were the defacto smart phone only competing with Palm at the time. The majority of people still carried feature phones or didn't own cell phones back then. Those are the people consumer companies like Apple and Samsung went after. Of course BlackBerry took a major hit because of a failure to innovate in a timely manner. BlackBerry is still around. It may not be the same company you "loved". It needs to focus on what it does best. The Enterprise. It needs to win back the hearts and minds of Corporations and Governments. It needs to be that hard to obtain, highly desired item. It will NEVER win in a race with Apple and Samsung. It needs to be the best at what it does and properly communicate that to the entities that matter: Corporations and Government Agencies.

Just my two cents. :-)
    I had the Pearl and that to me was a consumer product and had good sales. That model was different from the business looking black BB phones then which is what caught my eye. It had consumer written all over it.
    04-19-14 01:21 PM
    The reason that I became interested in BlackBerry was because of the phones. I was the first person that I knew with a BlackBerry and now I am one of only people I know still using one.

I don't want to rehash what went wrong but only to focus on where we are now.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chen is doing the right thing for investors, but he is doing the wrong thing for me and probably for many others here.

I want a new high end touch screen phone.

I want a new BB10 tablet.

I want BlackBerry to fulfill the vision of the phone and tablet connected over a fully functioning bridge. I want BlackBerry to fully implement things like Remote File Access to realize the Mobile Computing vision.

I want these things to be a priority for the company, even if they are only niche devices.

I believe that BlackBerry can make money selling these things if only they went about it in the right way.

I don't care about BES. I don't care about BBM. I don't care about embedded devices. I don't care about QNX in cars.

I am a smartphone guy. I feel like the BlackBerry that I loved is gone.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to say this "here" on bb forums but what you describe, at least how you want the devices to function, sounds like Android to me. Unless BB was riding high with lots of money and engineers to spare on side projects, they can no longer do anything that doesn't have a wide market appeal. I'm referring to the customers types they think they can still count on. This is because every dollar matters have 1 great phone that "people want" is more important then anything else. Anything now that isn't core to getting users to stay or transition from bb7 is throwing money away.
    04-19-14 01:33 PM
    I became BlackBerry user with BlackBerry 10. So what I love is still here, and becoming more and more awesome
    acovey likes this.
    04-19-14 01:34 PM
    A company like HTC can take a shot at the high-end smartphone market but you've got to use Android and do a lot of advertising. You can't advance a mobile platform that sells less than 10 million devices per year. Even then, it doesn't look like HTC is getting much traction with an unquestionably high-end smartphone.
    HTC 's customers has no brand loyalty, they can move on to the next big thing tomorrow. They are not doing well because their previous successes doesn't add to each other, every new product is a new battle.

That doesn't mean pushing spec boundaries is the wrong way to go.

In a niche market, you can be a success story by doing one thing well enough than your competitors. In a crowded market, you have to do everything well to be successful.

Hardware specs, OS, apps, accessories, etc., they are all important. If you only have one thing not the others, you won't make it.

Maybe Chen is right to give up consumer market for now and find BlackBerry 's niche.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-19-14 01:55 PM
    I WANT.... I WANT.....I WANT !!

OP..
    If you "love" BlackBerry then:
    (To quote Mick, loosely )

You can't always get what you want, but you've got what you need!

... and don't believe everything you read!
    The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.

Enjoy what you've got or get something you enjoy!
    Soul_Est, Andy_bb_king and acovey like this.
    04-19-14 02:10 PM
    Think about how hard you work for you money. If you think buying products that don't do what you want is helping you then think again. We (customers) owe no company our dying devotion. You are not treating yourself with the same respect your paying BB when you choose their products over another companies only because of the name brand and not based on the features you want. We humans can die anytime and get sick or loose our money and it's astounding to me that anyone would rather pay money to any company just because they want to support that company even when they make bad decisions therefor their products aren't as good. Why sacrifice?
    MozThaGreat likes this.
    04-19-14 03:56 PM
    I believe John Chen is doing the best job he can, for Blackberry. Right now he is trying to stop losing money and return to profitability (some time in late 2015) . Until that happens Blackberry cannot afford to Spend a lot of money of new smartphones and tablets. They did announce three new phones, so i don't think they are abandoning the smartphone market. Once they are back on track I'm sure some of the stuff you mentioned will come, but not right now. So lets be patient.
    app_Developer and acovey like this.
    04-19-14 04:14 PM
    Think about how hard you work for you money. If you think buying products that don't do what you want is helping you then think again. We (customers) owe no company our dying devotion. You are not treating yourself with the same respect your paying BB when you choose their products over another companies only because of the name brand and not based on the features you want. We humans can die anytime and get sick or loose our money and it's astounding to me that anyone would rather pay money to any company just because they want to support that company even when they make bad decisions therefor their products aren't as good. Why sacrifice?
    So true. I buy Blackberry devices because they do what I need. If they didn't, I wouldn't buy them.
    04-19-14 04:26 PM
    Like I said, BlackBerry is trying to save BlackBerry, not keep me as a customer. I'm not arguing about that. I'm just upset that that focus of the company has changed and I may never see the kinds of things I was looking forward to.

Posted via CB10
    Well the billions in inventory write off on the z10 and playbook. The customers pretty much said what they thought about blackberry.

They'll never be In the tablet space anytime soon if ever again. One more major flop it's game over for good.
    kevinnugent and JeepBB like this.
    04-19-14 07:56 PM
    Like I said, BlackBerry is trying to save BlackBerry, not keep me as a customer. I'm not arguing about that. I'm just upset that that focus of the company has changed and I may never see the kinds of things I was looking forward to.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessary. BlackBerry do not have the resources to compete in the consumers market. At least not in a large scale like it's competitors. The company are now refocusing on enterprise clientele. Until the company start making profit, it's not going to fulfill every consumers wish for the latest greatest devices in the market.
    04-19-14 08:04 PM
    Not everyone spend money base on logical deduction of what one actually need in life. Otherwise the world economy will collapse long time ago. Consumers market is all about hype and emotions. It's the weakness and strength of the human race. Consumption is a temporary quick fix therapy. We were conditioned to feel the need of material things. The more we amass the more we need. It's a vicious cycle.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-19-14 08:21 PM
    I became BlackBerry user with BlackBerry 10. So what I love is still here, and becoming more and more awesome
    Same here. It's a different scenario for me since I was never able to actually own a legacy BlackBerry device. That said, as a consumer that transferred from the IPhone 4s to BB10, I am definitely happy to see changes and improvements are being worked on still. The change from BB10, to version 10.2.1 is so much already and there's more to get excited about for 10.3.

Of course I would love to see BlackBerry release a Playbook follow up as well as a "Z50". But considering their position now and their focus on the enterprise, it seems unlikely to happen anytime soon. Still I deem BB10 as what suits me best as a consumer and I'm happy with my choice. One thing that I hate though is the Z10's horrid battery life. Considering a Z30 just for that since I've been reading a lot of praises for the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:50 PM
    lawguyman, I agree that a bb10 tablet that worked with our phones would sell -- if marketed correctly -- and may be essential to BB surviving in the smartphone business.

BB needs an ecosystem of gadgets that work. That Playbook vision with the Bridge was killer when it was working with the old OS. I almost wish I stuck with the old OS and kept my Playbook going. The two were a joy to use together.
    acovey likes this.
    04-19-14 09:33 PM
    I did have a look it's very hard to miss show us something more taxing I can play 2 full videos even youtube on my s4 at the same time and split screen that is more taxing then a browser windows and msging

And I can stop and rewind
    Without stopping the other screen
    That's with 2 gigs of memory on s4
    Show me bb10 can run all 6 screen on less then 2 gigs
    Z3 Noone has seen yet run and bbry has stated things will be adjusted as the lower memory

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Dude the playbook could play a 1080p youtube video through flash and play another 1080p video in the player and play a 3d game all at once. Ram is not the limiting factor in a situation like that. Just cut your losses now and admit you were wrong...
    04-19-14 10:26 PM
    Personally I have no interest in a BlackBerry tablet, or any tablet for that matter. I would like to see another high-end touch screen phone from BlackBerry though.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 11:12 PM
    Funny how our op tends to think that BlackBerry was just a smartphone company.

Ever since the Java based (BBOS) devices debuted, BlackBerry has had a NOC and BES. BBM followed very shortly after!

The BlackBerry you knew and loved was called...

Research In Motion! For a very long time that actually meant something and they were doing just that!!

So, the smartphone guy in you SHOULD care about BlackBerry, and their NOC and their services because without any or all of those there IS no smartphones!

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    Alain_A and acovey like this.
    04-19-14 11:22 PM
    I feel like I'm going crazy here ... since when has the BlackBerry experience been about high-end touch screen phones? lol

And if you don't feel that the Z10 or Z30 is 'high end' enough for you then I think you are in cloud cuckoo land and certainly not in the land of BlackBerry which IS traditionally QWERTY, less-than-top-of-the-range and BES/BIS based.
    acovey likes this.
    04-19-14 11:27 PM
    I feel like I'm going crazy here ... since when has the BlackBerry experience been about high-end touch screen phones? lol

And if you don't feel that the Z10 or Z30 is 'high end' enough for you then I think you are in cloud cuckoo land and certainly not in the land of BlackBerry which IS traditionally QWERTY, less-than-top-of-the-range and BES/BIS based.
    I agree. The BlackBerry "we knew" that made high end touch screen phones was a very short lived version of BlackBerry. Might return but that ain't the BlackBerry that made RIM it's billions. Or gained most of its customers over a decade. It's the BlackBerry of massive hardware inventory write downs I am sad to say.

But I do prefer BlackBerry 10 and the all touch form factor. That makes me part of a customer niche that is not enough to sustain BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    acovey likes this.
    04-19-14 11:35 PM
    before you get to see what's coming at consumer's table, blackberry needs to pass alot of tests. Including acceptance from market analysts, the ingeniously weird ideas of CEO, investors, etc.
    you'll get to see alot of stuff, but that stuff is mass produced and not custom made, according to needs of individual customers.
    they look at the trend, relate it to their roots, then release their devices.
    Blackberry cannot die so easily, you need to set a gazillion companies against it, to have a slight chance, as its very difficult to change mindset of a bb user. I use an android device now, and have access to a huge app market, still all i do is make calls and send some whatsapp messages. I'm not a big fan of apps, anymore.
    Blackberry will prevail, hopefully i'll buy one when the budget fits
    04-19-14 11:40 PM
144 ... 23456