The reason that I became interested in BlackBerry was because of the phones. I was the first person that I knew with a BlackBerry and now I am one of only people I know still using one.

I don't want to rehash what went wrong but only to focus on where we are now.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chen is doing the right thing for investors, but he is doing the wrong thing for me and probably for many others here.

I want a new high end touch screen phone.

I want a new BB10 tablet.

I want BlackBerry to fulfill the vision of the phone and tablet connected over a fully functioning bridge. I want BlackBerry to fully implement things like Remote File Access to realize the Mobile Computing vision.

I want these things to be a priority for the company, even if they are only niche devices.

I believe that BlackBerry can make money selling these things if only they went about it in the right way.

I don't care about BES. I don't care about BBM. I don't care about embedded devices. I don't care about QNX in cars.

I am a smartphone guy. I feel like the BlackBerry that I loved is gone.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:22 AM
    I'm in the same camp as far as what I as a consumer want from BlackBerry. Although I don't need a 'high-end' touch screen phone, I would very much like to see a successor to the Z30 at some point that can actually utilize LTE where my idiotic carrier offers it (not mentioning any names, but it's at&t). I would also love to see a new tablet, but I think the chances for that are extremely slim, at least in the immediate future.

I honestly do not believe that BBRY will completely abandon the handset market -- I don't think they can and still maximize the potential of their other business areas. Along that line, I hope that means they will continue to service the market they set out to target with BB10; meaning new touch screen and keyboard devices for us, the regular consumers. All the other things that we might not be interested in are necessary to return the company to profitability and ultimately keep it alive -- as long as they live along side the things we do care about and don't fully replace them.

The company that we loved is definitely changing, but I don't think it's gone.
    Ecm, kbz1960, JeepBB and 6 others like this.
    04-19-14 08:33 AM
    BlackBerry may end up making the things you want in 2015.

This year, though, they must stabilize the business. If you want BlackBerry to be strong enough financially to take risks on cutting edge new products, then your interests are actually aligned with the shareholders.

Also let's not forget Chen doesn't work for you or me. He works for the shareholders. They hired him to look after their investment.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-19-14 08:33 AM
    The reason that I became interested in BlackBerry was because of the phones. I was the first person that I knew with a BlackBerry and now I am one of only people I know still using one.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chen is doing the right thing for investors, but he is doing the wrong thing for me and probably for many others here.

I want BlackBerry to fulfill the vision of the phone and tablet connected over a fully functioning bridge. I want BlackBerry to fully implement things like Remote File Access to realize the Mobile Computing vision.

I want these things to be a priority for the company, even if they are only niche devices.

I believe that BlackBerry can make money selling these things if only they went about it in the right way.

I don't care about BES. I don't care about BBM. I don't care about embedded devices. I don't care about QNX in cars.

Posted via CB10
    Buy a Z30. It is a high end smartphone.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-19-14 08:36 AM
    I have a Z30. I love it. That was made by Heins and gets no support from Chen. It's like it doesn't exist!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:42 AM
    I think if you aren't ready to go with a BB as a daily driver, having the Playbook is a nice choice. Though I'd really like the Z30 myself.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    04-19-14 08:43 AM
    BlackBerry may end up making the things you want in 2015.

This year, though, they must stabilize the business. If you want BlackBerry to be strong enough financially to take risks on cutting edge new products, then your interests are actually aligned with the shareholders.

Also let's not forget Chen doesn't work for you or me. He works for the shareholders. They hired him to look after their investment.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Like I said, BlackBerry is trying to save BlackBerry, not keep me as a customer. I'm not arguing about that. I'm just upset that that focus of the company has changed and I may never see the kinds of things I was looking forward to.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:44 AM
    Like I said, BlackBerry is trying to save BlackBerry, not keep me as a customer. I'm not arguing about that. I'm just upset that that focus of the company has changed and I may never see the kinds of things I was looking forward to.

Posted via CB10
    Look at it this way, if Chen doesn't save BB, there is zero chance they will make things you as a customer would enjoy. So while the current focus may not be on things you like, don't you want them to be strong enough to make those things in the future??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CHIP72, Vorkosigan, web99 and 13 others like this.
    04-19-14 08:49 AM
    BlackBerry realizes that it's not only smartphones anymore. You couldn't survive by JUST making a smartphone. You need compatibility between devices, whether this means in car, Link, BES, cloud, etc etc etc. And with BBM, they also realize that the "smartphone only" path that you support may very well fail. They need a way to stay around, and if the software only path will do that, then so be it.
    acovey likes this.
    04-19-14 08:55 AM
    Look at it this way, if Chen doesn't save BB, there is zero chance they will make things you as a customer would enjoy. So while the current focus may not be on things you like, don't you want them to be strong enough to make those things in the future??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Of course you are right. But, it is hard to remain interested in a company that is not developing the things that I am interested in. BlackBerry may never build another tablet. A new high end touch screen may never be built and if it does come, it won't be until sometime in 2015 at the earliest. That is a long time to wait while I read about BES and other uninteresting stuff.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:56 AM
    Of course you are right. But, it is hard to remain interested in a company that is not developing the things that I am interested in. BlackBerry may never build another tablet. A new high end touch screen may never be built and if it does come, it won't be until sometime in 2015 at the earliest. That is a long time to wait while I read about BES and other uninteresting stuff.

Posted via CB10
    That is very true. And if BlackBerry doesn't produce anything you're interested in, there's no sense to buy it. In my post earlier, I said they should focus on things other than smartphones, but they should still make smartphones a priority for probably about 1 more release
    04-19-14 09:04 AM
    I have a Z30. I love it. That was made by Heins and gets no support from Chen. It's like it doesn't exist!

Posted via CB10
    Why would you say it gets no support from Chen. It is available to buy direct because the CARRIERS might not sell it properly. Although all the Aliant/Bell stores carry it and displayed with all other smart phones.
    kbz1960, Donnierock and Soul_Est like this.
    04-19-14 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you ask me, the primary blame for Blackberry's current approach and your dissatisfaction with it lies with the Lazaridis/Balsillie duo and to a lesser degree with Heins. They are the ones who primarily led Blackberry to its current predicament and more specifically, allowed Blackberry to release BB10 at least 2 1/2 years too late.
    Omnitech, Soul_Est and milo53 like this.
    04-19-14 09:06 AM
    That's debatable, but this isn't the place.
    04-19-14 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ya know bridge is already out for tablets and phones and consoles but it's not a bbry technology it's a ms technology and it's developed for awhile now
    It's not limited to bbry phones it works on ios , consoles and android tablets and phones

It's ms smart glass and it's not miracast it's an actual remote access app that isn't limited to bbry unlike bridge

You can view and control the said devices from the app from any compatible device

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is a high end touch screen. There is nothing more that I need with my Z30 that I want. It has long battery life, the resolution is great, the UI doesn't lag. I don't know what more you want.
    That's debatable, but this isn't the place.
    What more do you want that doesn't exist in a Z30?
    04-19-14 09:10 AM
    It would be high end for 2012. A processor that keeps up in benchmark tests and wasn't about a year old on the device release. A good (and upgraded) camera. A screen that isn't pixelated and isn't dim. Apps would be nice.

EDIT: Like I said though, this isn't the place. Not the topic. If you want to talk about it, then PM me
    04-19-14 09:13 AM
    You can view and control the said devices from the app from any compatible device
    Not the same thing. You are talking about XBox SmartGlass. It is just an interface to XBox.
    04-19-14 09:15 AM
    You know high end specs
    High end features and even basic features like video editing, 1080p recording, a equalizer, a decent hdr and lens (new improved hdr in 10.3 beta tells all)
    Panaromic shots, blur shots , no buried menus
    Full data control

Better memory management
    Bbry is the only phone that requires 2 gigs of memory
    While others can run their latest version on 512megs ram smoothly
    Android 4.4.2 and all I phones don't have 2 gigs of memory that says it all
    I used a dev c z 10 which was horrible those things had a 1 gig of ram and you had a 2 min click lag between clicking and registering the click

JeepBB, Rello, Raddin and 1 others like this.
    04-19-14 09:16 AM
    It would be high end for 2012. A processor that keeps up in benchmark tests and wasn't about a year old on the device release. A good (and upgraded) camera. A screen that isn't pixelated and isn't dim. Apps would be nice.

EDIT: Like I said though, this isn't the place. Not the topic. If you want to talk about it, then PM me
    Benchmarks don't mean much except for bragging. The camera is much the same as everyone else, look at the comparison photos posted out there. The screen isn't pixelated, the human eye can't see the pixels. Apps have nothing to do with the hardware.
    04-19-14 09:18 AM
    Benchmarks don't mean much except for bragging. The camera is much the same as everyone else, look at the comparison photos posted out there. The screen isn't pixelated, the human eye can't see the pixels. Apps have nothing to do with the hardware.
    The camera It only good on paper you cannot do the same shots as you cannot do Panaromic shots or blur shots (where you can blur the background and focus on the person just like a dslr)

Raddin likes this.
    04-19-14 09:21 AM
    You know high end specs
    High end features and even basic features like video editing, 1080p recording, a equalizer, a decent hdr and lens (new improved hdr in 10.3 beta tells all)
    Panaromic shots, blur shots , no buried menus
    Full data control

Better memory management
    Bbry is the only phone that requires 2 gigs of memory
    While others can run their latest version on 512megs ram smoothly
    Android 4.4.2 and all I phones don't have 2 gigs of memory that says it all
    I used a dev c z 10 which was horrible those things had a 1 gig of ram and you had a 2 min click lag between clicking and registering the click

Video editing is software, not hardware. The Z30 can record 1080p. Equalizer is software, not hardware. HDR is software. Most of what you mention is software and not hardware related.

BTW: I had a Dev A Z10 and have a Q10 with 1GB of RAM. There is no 2 min lag so don't try to say something that isn't true. I even have 10.2 on the Q10 and it doesn't lag.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-19-14 09:22 AM
    The camera It only good on paper you cannot do the same shots as you cannot do Panaromic shots or blur shots (where you can blur the background and focus on the person just like a dslr)

That has nothing to do with hardware. I installed 10.3 leak and was able to do Panoramic on a Z10. You keep talking software and not hardware.
    04-19-14 09:23 AM
    Why would you say it gets no support from Chen. It is available to buy direct because the CARRIERS might not sell it properly. Although all the Aliant/Bell stores carry it and displayed with all other smart phones.
    That's more to do with bbry then anything
    Manufacturers typically do advertising or cofund it with carriers
    Bbry doesn't really do advertising which is a take from the rim days
    Let's see be bold campaign
    The bold team
    The wake up we want tools not toys (ended with a lot of vandalism) which is bad for bbry's image
    The super bowl disaster
    Announcing z10 a full 2 months before it was available
    It was released in England in Feb and Canada in march us in April

JeepBB, Raddin, Soul_Est and 1 others like this.
    04-19-14 09:26 AM
144 123 ...