With the IWATCH coming soon...and the Android watches already out..Moto360 - summer 2014, WHEN should expect a Blackberry Watch?

And why must BlackBerry be last to produce a watch? I trust the answer will be...the best is yet to come...and when it arrives it knocks the sock off its predecessors.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 03:31 PM
    I think it is too soon for a BlackBerry watch. Look at what happened when BlackBerry entered the tablet business. Another mistake like that would be disastrous right now. BlackBerry needs to concentrate on righting the ship right now and see if they can make the smartphone hardware business profitable before they ever invest valuable resources on entering the wearables market.
    07-29-14 03:45 PM
    I would say only when BlackBerry in back in the Black (as a hardware manufacture)....

Then again, if they sell the $800 Passport to a million BlackBerry collectors and they figure out that those same collectors will buy a $500 BlackWatch... profit is profit.
    07-29-14 03:53 PM
    I feel that smart watches aren't really gaining traction. I have yet to see one in public. But who knows, it may eventually take off like crazy now that the ALMIGHTY APPLE has one. I mean...they set the trends and innovate while everyone follows.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 04:18 PM
    Apple people may soon have the iWatch. Google people have a bunch of different Google Watches. BlackBerry people have always and will continue to have Rolex, Patek Philippe, Harry Winston, Ulysse Nardin, Porsche Design, Audemars Piguet, Swiss Legend, Invicta, Cartier... need I go on. We just have better style, taste, and an eye for detail that Google and Apple people don't have. That's probably why our productivity features of our devices far exceed those on the competition. All would go so perfectly with a Passport or a Porsche Design P'9983, even a Classic and a Z30. The reason being is BlackBerry is a device and brand synonymous with success, power, money, etc. Thanks to stereotyping and television/movies this is well known. It's seen as the capitalists phone. Well, all those watch brands are synonymous with the same things. Technology is great, but it can certainly ruin many things. We shouldn't let it ruin a classic, and elegant time piece, such as a watch. I'm happy to see BlackBerry not exploring smart watches. They are a device and software maker. It's what they do best. They are smart to leave the watch making up to the professionals.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    07-29-14 04:47 PM
    Apple people may soon have the iWatch. Google people have a bunch of different Google Watches. BlackBerry people have always and will continue to have Rolex, Patek Philippe, Harry Winston, Ulysse Nardin, Porsche Design, Audemars Piguet, Swiss Legend, Invicta, Cartier... need I go on. We just have better style, taste, and an eye for detail that Google and Apple people don't have. That's probably why our productivity features of our devices far exceed those on the competition. All would go so perfectly with a Passport or a Porsche Design P'9983, even a Classic and a Z30. The reason being is BlackBerry is a device and brand synonymous with success, power, money, etc. Thanks to stereotyping and television/movies this is well known. It's seen as the capitalists phone. Well, all those watch brands are synonymous with the same things. Technology is great, but it can certainly ruin many things. We shouldn't let it ruin a classic, and elegant time piece, such as a watch. I'm happy to see BlackBerry not exploring smart watches. They are a device and software maker. It's what they do best. They are smart to leave the watch making up to the professionals.

WAKE UP!

.... pretty sure the mods don't allow sleeping in the forums, you'll have to go find a comfy bed somewhere to continue your dreams of the past.
    07-30-14 08:22 AM
    WAKE UP!

.... pretty sure the mods don't allow sleeping in the forums, you'll have to go find a comfy bed somewhere to continue your dreams of the past.
    It's not the past. Very much the present and the future. Just look at one of the country's BlackBerry is still popular in, the UAE. You probably don't know what that is, or where that is. Google it. How about London's financial district, etc. The only people who want smart watches are people who like to play with toys, and people who can't afford a Rolex. BlackBerry's are phones of successful people, people who are successful in part because of the productivity and services their BlackBerry brings them to get things done, and let's face it, successful people buy only the best. Entrepreneurs, corporate executives, CEOs, Lawyers, Doctors... exactly the type of people who depend on devices like a BlackBerry for their productivity and enterprise needs, not a watch to look at Instagram posts on. The people that BlackBerry are targeting. A niche market that Apple and Android will never understand, because of their own ideology. Let's also consider the fact that smart watches are popular to talk about and play with, but no one ever buys one. I have never seen a smart watch in public in my life. I have seen multiple BlackBerry's however. That includes several Porsche Design BlackBerry's just in my neighborhood. I'd probably own one too, but I'm not a Porsche fan, I'm a Jaguar and BMW guy myself.

Playbook007 likes this.
    07-30-14 09:59 AM
    With BlackBerry clearly focused on enterprise right now, I wouldn't expect to see a smartwatch from them anytime in the near future. They appear to be more of a consumer-centric device right now.
    07-30-14 09:25 PM

Dear god, you cannot be serious.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-30-14 09:38 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't need this thing right now. They should to refocused and to be leader in sector that they already good at it. I'm talking about security and enterprise.
    With limited sources, they shouldn't wasting energy to build smartwatch.

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    07-30-14 10:13 PM
    I don't want a smart watch, I want a watch that only needs a battery change every couple of years or not at all. I certainly do not want to have to charge my watch every day or even at all.

I know a few people who have Samsung smart watches and seeing them shake their wrists to get the watch to possibly show them the time highlights a key feature I do not want on a watch, complications.

My daily driver watch must just work, and keep working for another 18 years with only another 2 battery changes.

I want my smart phone to be compact and more capable over time, I changed phones every few months or whenever I feel the need to change. My watch is just great the way it is!

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    07-31-14 12:19 AM
    Not really a believer of smart watches. I mean I always have my phone with me so all the notifications and such will not be missed. It might just distract me during important times at a meeting.

I'd rather see BlackBerry update the playbook than to release a smart watch.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:22 AM
    No need. But BlackBerry needs to choose a watch or 2 like the kairos and actually spend money on getting BlackBerry apps to support them.

This will give others incentive to invest in little money to also support BlackBerry.

There are so many brands and os's coming out in the wearable sphere that the competition is feirce, and the little BlackBerry handsets out there will become an interesting chunk of business due to that competition.

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    07-31-14 12:35 AM
    Smart watches are just not a great thing. It's more to milk the general public for cash than practical. I see many over 40 struggling to use their iphones. I see people who drop their phones at the site of a tablet or computer. However, my z30 does it all.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:29 AM
    No thanks I have no interest in a smartwatch

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    tryfe likes this.
    07-31-14 08:00 AM
    With the IWATCH coming soon...and the Android watches already out..Moto360 - summer 2014, WHEN should expect a Blackberry Watch?

And why must BlackBerry be last to produce a watch? I trust the answer will be...the best is yet to come...and when it arrives it knocks the sock off its predecessors.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't matter to me, this smart watch thing is overblown and will not succeed in the long term. It is a fad.
    07-31-14 08:03 AM
    No thanks I have no interest in a smartwatch

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Exactly. I could care less about smart watches now and in the future.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:08 AM
    No interest in a smart watch. I'd like to see my PlayBook continue though! It's a great tablet and a real shame to let it die a slow and painful death....

Mary Margaret From my Z-10
    07-31-14 08:08 AM
    If BlackBerry were to produce a classy business watch, not a smart watch I would definitely be in.

If BlackBerry were to align with a high end watch maker that could design a onyx black watch with gold or silver hands and numbers that to me would be a very smart move.

Posted via CB10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    07-31-14 08:43 AM
    I say NEVER,

iwatch etc are useless, there are gadgets with no real functionality.
    07-31-14 08:52 AM
    Lots of smartwatch hate in here. I'm interested in smartwatches for the fitness features. A good heart rate monitor without the need for a chest strap would be great. I'd also like to wake up in the morning to a gentle vibration on my wrist rather than a jarring alarm. Especially if you can set a range of times to wake up and it can tell when you are in a good sleep stage to be woken up.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-31-14 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10

How professional would it be if you kept checking your watch during a meeting?
    At least with your phone you could disconnect yourself from it for a short time while you conduct business since its not actually tethered to your body, with a "wearable" the compulsion to fidget with it is much greater IMHO.
    Last edited by djdragon; 07-31-14 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Wrong quote
    07-31-14 09:49 AM
    BlackBerry had a great way to have a smart watch by utilizing BlackBerry Bridge. Connecting the wrist set to your BlackBerry phone.

But in BlackBerry's infinite wisdom they seem to have dropped this as the BB10 Bridge is greatly inferior to the legacy BlackBerry Bridge product.

They could of made this usable on other brands of watches as well.

Thud!!
    Ball dropped.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    07-31-14 10:19 AM
    How professional would it be if you kept checking your watch during a meeting?
    At least with your phone you could disconnect yourself from it for a short time while you conduct business since its not actually tethered to your body, with a "wearable" the compulsion to fidget with it is much greater IMHO.
    It's no different then checking your phone during a meeting.

Society will adjust.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-31-14 10:20 AM
    Lots of smartwatch hate in here. I'm interested in smartwatches for the fitness features. A good heart rate monitor without the need for a chest strap would be great. I'd also like to wake up in the morning to a gentle vibration on my wrist rather than a jarring alarm. Especially if you can set a range of times to wake up and it can tell when you are in a good sleep stage to be woken up.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    I think the problem is that instead of being on your wrist while sleeping... it'll be on the charging pod.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    07-31-14 10:21 AM
54 123