Cool app!

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...do?code=wallet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 12:12 AM
    What is it? Don't feel like loading my BB right now... Lol... It's sleeping comfortably, don't want to wake her up and mess her beauty sleep up.
    05-15-08 12:13 AM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Wallet

BlackBerry� Wallet has been designed to make shopping on your BlackBerry� smartphone faster and easier.1,2 It lets you use information securely stored on your BlackBerry smartphone to help fill in forms with credit card, reward program and shipping information.
    How Does it Work?

Simply open BlackBerry Wallet directly from your smartphone’s browser window when you’re ready to make a purchase. Enter your password, and populate your credit card information, delivery details and more.
    Security

Your credit card and shipping information are your business. For your protection, not even you can use your BlackBerry Wallet without entering a password. It’s also AES encrypted, so you can be sure your data is secure.
    05-15-08 12:15 AM
    I saw this earlier too! Its apparently a secure app that stores your CC information and auto loads to web forms. It's to make online shopping from your blackberry easier. I tried to load it but received an error message that my device (8130 Pearl) wasn't supported so I have up. I figured it was a sign that I didn't need to be shopping!!!

05-15-08 12:18 AM
    That's cool... I may one day do business on my BB, but I'm always near a PC at those times. Great app though and free.

Also how much memory does this bad boy use?
    05-15-08 12:30 AM
    Sounds good. I'll get it if it's free but I know my card details from memory so there's no point.

05-15-08 12:49 AM
    Sounds good. I'll get it if it's free but I know my card details from memory so there's no point.

It's for the lazy americans in us... I'm sure you don't experience that over in your neck of the woods. Lol.
    05-15-08 12:55 AM
    How much memory?

05-15-08 09:56 AM
    Why is it that everytime I find some kool applet for my BB, I typically receive the disheartening message indicating my device does not meet the requirements to load this app?

I've got an VZW 8830 w/ 4.2.2.176 OS - should be more than plenty for anything out there right now!

Part of the problem might be that I'm on Verizon... Damn Verizon!

Thoughts??
    Last edited by ksat; 05-15-08 at 02:30 PM.
    05-15-08 02:26 PM
    I saw this earlier too! Its apparently a secure app that stores your CC information and auto loads to web forms. It's to make online shopping from your blackberry easier. I tried to load it but received an error message that my device (8130 Pearl) wasn't supported so I have up. I figured it was a sign that I didn't need to be shopping!!!

Why is it that everytime I find some kool applet for my BB, I typically receive the disheartening message indicating my device does not meet the requirements to load this app?

I've got an VZW 8830 w/ 4.2.2.176 OS - should be more than plenty for anything out there right now!

Part of the problem might be that I'm on Verizon... Damn Verizon!

Thoughts??
    Verizon 8330 here. Getting the same not supported message
    05-15-08 03:12 PM
    Verizon 8330 here. Getting the same not supported message
    VZW cripples bluetooth profiles, forces you to use VZW Navigator for GPS and now they're hitting you guys "in the wallet"

Hey, glad I made your fave list!
    05-15-08 03:20 PM
    VZW cripples bluetooth profiles, forces you to use VZW Navigator for GPS and now they're hitting you guys "in the wallet"

Hey, glad I made your fave list!
    Yep, I know.. If I could I'd be over in at&t land with you lol.

& Of course you made my fave list! You're quite talented
    05-15-08 03:23 PM
    Regarding memory, I THINK the download was 11k or so. Not sure once all the data is in there what the total weight will be

05-15-08 03:32 PM
    Have you Verizon guys tried deleting vendor.xml and then reinstalling the OS?

Not sure if that will do it, but ya never know till you try.

Patrick
    05-15-08 03:46 PM
    Have you Verizon guys tried deleting vendor.xml and then reinstalling the OS?

Not sure if that will do it, but ya never know till you try.

Patrick
    My vendor.xml was deleted already.. Nice try though..

*sad face*
    05-15-08 03:49 PM
    Supposedly, you guys on Verizon have to download the app directly from verizon's site. I'm on ATT with an 8800, and BB wallet installed fine, but I can't figure out how to open it in the browser to access its stored info. How does thing work???

05-16-08 03:05 PM
    I am on Verizon and after my post above I was able to go to the blackberry page and download it. I wasn't too impressed.

It is just a secure "data bank" like the password keeper. I already purchased CryptMagic and will just use that.

bruce73 - I don't think you can open it in the browser. I think you just use the Application Switcher to open it up and switch back and forth to "cut/paste" the data. I could be wrong, but it didn't seem like anything too fancy to me.
    05-16-08 03:22 PM
    It's for the lazy americans in us... I'm sure you don't experience that over in your neck of the woods. Lol.
    Oh yes they do. I lived there for six years and they're just lazy drunks...lol. J/K.

Anyhow, it's not just about the card details, it saves time from having to input all addresses and so forth if you're making purchases all the time.
    05-16-08 03:45 PM
    Just got it on my vzw 8330

05-16-08 04:14 PM
    For all of the Verizon and international addicts who had issues with installing Blackberry Wallet, it's not you, it's them. Look here.
    05-16-08 04:15 PM
    If BBWallet is simply a manual copy/paste exercise, what a PITA. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's supposed to integrate with the browser to at least semi-automate the form-filling procedure. Otherwise, what's the point?

05-17-08 10:22 AM
    If BBWallet is simply a manual copy/paste exercise, what a PITA. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's supposed to integrate with the browser to at least semi-automate the form-filling procedure. Otherwise, what's the point?
    Bruce, I thought the same thing, but I couldn't figure it out either! I think the description of the product leads on to believe that there is "integration". Maybe there is and I can't use it because I'm on Verizon? I'm not sure what the story is...

Either way, I don't shop that much from my Pearly and probably don't need something to make it easier to do so.

If someone figures it out, I'd like to know though. *If* there is integration between BBWallet and the Browser, it would be a really neat tool!
    05-17-08 11:18 AM
    I installed on my Sprint Pearl but haven't used it yet. I'm of the same mindset as you all. If it integrates on its own into the browser that would be great. If not, then I really have no need for another password keeper.

05-17-08 01:32 PM
    It loaded fine on my VZW 8330 and works great.

05-17-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    05-17-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD