Well Mr. OP.... comparing your $200 Z10 to a $750 dollar iPhone. Now that is comparing berries to apples.
    spikesolie and boysontheblock like this.
    10-14-14 06:40 PM
    Get a Z30
    10-14-14 06:47 PM
    It's awesome that apple FINAL flexed it's innovative muscle. You can now answer a message with out leaving the app. You can send multiple attachments on email. You now have a quick access drop down. I might go get an iPhone to. those innovators. Come on BlackBerry wake up. When are we going to get that? Oh wait!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 10-14-14 at 11:16 PM.
    acovey and spikesolie like this.
    10-14-14 07:17 PM
    The wait for Passport is worth it. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:25 PM
    What? just over three weeks of normal use and it hasn't bent yet, my god that must be a well made phone. I've had my Z10 for almost 2 years wile working in the construction industry and with the up dates I've gotten it works better than the day I got it and when 10.31 comes out it will work better again still, so why don't you get back to us on how your phone is doing in a couple of years.

Posted via CB10
    Well why not? People in this thread post a bend crack every day like its so common. So going by the gesticulations of several here, clearly mine should have bent already.

And in two years I'm sure it will still be straight because I'm not a click trolling attention seeker on YouTube.

I'd give real money for just one day without the 'ifans' and other name calling that goes on here. ALL PHONES do things well and other things not so well. There is no better than, there only a better than others for the individual. Just buy what works for you but for the love of god shop calling people names because it makes CB users look unhinged.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-14-14 08:15 PM
    I know what you mean. I got an iPhone 5S on launch day because I was tired of the app situation (appgate? lol) on BB10. However, I found myself missing how quick BB10 was. So then I bought a Z30, with BB10.2.1 everything had changed... And I loved it. Now... I wont look back again. BB10 is amazing, but its not for everyone.
    I wish you the best of luck in your decision!

Survive and Prosper!
    deke09 likes this.
    10-14-14 08:39 PM
    it's been established that unless you try really hard it won't in regular day to day use bend.
    Bendgate Unbent: Apple And Viral iPhone 6 Plus Bender Are Both Right - Forbes

Given all of this, it is not hard to imagine that only 9 edge cases have been reported in the first week in the wild. One-in-a-million is not a bad defect rate. But it is also likely that these cases will mount over time as users carelessly slip their phones into their pockets. Most of these deformations will be slight and will not get reported. Some will be more extreme and will be reported to Apple.
    My iPhone 6 Plus BendGate Experience - Imgur

I hope you're not suggesting that since it hasn't happened to you in "regular day to day use," it's a hoax? I could say the same thing about the Z10 battery life complaints then.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-14-14 08:44 PM
    Last year I was using a Z10 and tried the Android apps. Things just weren't quite as seamless as they needed to be and I ended up going back to an iPhone (still missing the email of the BB). I recently bought a used iPhone 5S and did the iOS 8 update. Subsequently I saw the 10.3 update and decided to load it onto the Z10. The Android apps that I needed to work with BB10 that didn't before, now do. I no longer feel the pull of going back to iOS. The iPhone 5S I recently bought will be for sale shortly on eBay and I'll be picking up a BlackBerry Classic when it launches.

Don't get caught into thinking the grass is greener on the other side because of the constant media barrage. It ain't.
    dietertong and deke09 like this.
    10-14-14 08:56 PM

Touch id is not safe and has been exposed to have many loopholes so to call that secure is pure b.s. They only thing they're paving is a road to lawsuits.
    Keep telling lies you might actually believe it after few repetitions. Btw, The FBI director complains that they cannot longer access users info on Iphones but startlingly did not complain about Blackberry, which means only one thing, they can decrypt stuff on Blackberry phones.
    10-14-14 09:30 PM
    We should all come to an agreement. If we can go a day without an ifan posting a ridiculous thread, or high jacking one, then we will go a day without bringing up bend gate.....now back to the post!

If you really want/need that iphone6 for $900.00 then go get it.

Obviously you are an app oriented type of guy, you can handle only one app at a time, flow is not important, the Hub has no value, Blend doesn't have a use, extra memory, full NFC, Miracast, OTG etc doesn't fit your requirements. You want a walled garden, and you like being fenced in. I on the other hand really appreciate HDMI out, so I can really enjoy Netflix, YouTube, VEVO etc using my phone. I like the fact that I can walk up to any computer world wide, connect and get to work. File manager is an absolute must. But to top it off, BlackBerry is on a very interesting road of going cross platform and integrating with other devices. They are willing to open up avenues while Apple is shutting them down. I will stick with BlackBerry and enjoy the innovation along the way.

Posted via CB10
    Funny that you mention a "Walled Garden" since Blackberry has been always like that and only recently open to Android because they cannot develop apps on their own, which is pretty lame
    10-14-14 09:34 PM
    Calling me an ifan seems a bit harsh, but I appreciate this post very much. Yeah, I said I'm tempted. Apple has stepped up their game. I'm not concerned about Apps though. Though there are a few I might use if they were available. What peaks my interest are the changes to iOS that reflect BlackBerry's focus on flow and time management. I've always looked at BlackBerry as a leader in that department, but how much longer can it be if they don't sell enough phones? I hope BlackBerry keeps pushing forward and remains relevant. But take NFC. How many people actually use it or need it? If they developed Touch ID and made the same deal with the credit card companies as Apple, that would have put then back on the map in a big way. Instead, I'm probably one of many that have found no use for it on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Don't take these comments personal! if Touch ID was developed by Blackberry they would all say it is the best thing since sliced bread..same things with the specs on the Passport once it was announced, they all said how the iphone 6 was obsolete then once they read the benchmark of the Iphone pretty much smoking the Passport no one mentioned them anymore
    boeingrules likes this.
    10-14-14 09:42 PM
    Funny that you mention a "Walled Garden" since Blackberry has been always like that and only recently open to Android because they cannot develop apps on their own, which is pretty lame
    Walled garden does not only apply to apps. iTunes is the biggest walled garden on the planet. BBWorld does not have such a lock on media files as Apple does.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie, raino and CerveloJohn like this.
    10-14-14 09:45 PM
    BlackBerry is waiting too much for restock the passport, many of the potential buyers is getting bored. Personally I want a passport right now, try to buy via expansys, amazon, eBay but especially resellers are too expensives. I think that if BlackBerry shop restock the phone availability could have 200 k more sells, otherwise many of us have to move to z30

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:02 PM
    Walled Garden definition anyone?

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    10-14-14 10:13 PM
    There is a brand new Passport on ebay, from a Florida seller, and less than 30 minutes to go and the top bid is currently $920 USD - I'd say someone is getting a fair return on their money... But I'm a hungry poet (literary license at play here, but not unwarranted exaggeration) and Passport is out of my range at this time, but I can just imagine the pulse for the bidder and, out there somewhere, is a crackberry with a serious jones for that bright shiny object and just waiting to see how high anyone else wants to go... another kind of BB waiting game, but this one is going to end at 12:25 a.m. DST) -so far, 23 bidders cranked this from $1 opening bid on 10/7, hmmm, seems stalled at $920... the heat is on.... G'WAN, MAKE THAT BIG BID!!!!!!!!
    All I can say is: enjoy your Passports!!!!!!!!
    10-14-14 11:04 PM
    The first part was a response to someone else.....the second part was back to topic, which is your thread. Now as for efficiency, and flow, ios8 has not even come close to addressing this. NFC, I use it all the time. In my experience most people don't appreciate or understand NFC. We are up at camp, no wifi, no cell service, or the file is too big. I shoot the video and you say hey, can I get that! Well if you have a BlackBerry or full NFC device the answer is yes. HDMI out is a must for me. Presentations, Netflix, Vevo over a projector or large flat screen is a must! I cannot begin to explain how many times I have thrown up presentations at other companies using only my phone. No tablet, no computer. Fast, compatible and no issues. You know what the worst is......it never fails, someone says oh....i have photos on my iphone can you put them on the screen. I am not kidding. How does a BlackBerry guy tell an iphone user.....no I can't. Then they want me to put their photos on my phone so I can project them.....like really.....you don't have NFC, what you are going to email them to me....I could go on and on about real life business shortcomings of Apple users...as for Apple Pay....like that is the best they can come up with? My Visa works world wide, Apple Pay will be confined to the US at best within the next 5 years. It isn't even slated to come to Canada for over a year. Now, why would you not wait for a month for 10.3.1 if you have a z10 and better yet if you had a z30. Blend is very much worth a look. But in the end it's your choice.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that you can project all of that stuff using the HDMI adapter with an iPhone.
    10-15-14 06:16 AM
    In the meantime, Apple just revamped their entire OS. Touch ID has revolutionized personal security and paved the way for Apple Pay. I would use that! My 9930 and Z10 both have NFC, but I've never turned it on. Not to mention Apple custom keyboards are the wealth of other features that are now built into the messaging and sharing abilities. I like how BlackBerry created the quick settings drop down menu, but you Apple has done that, too. And then some. You can attach an calculator to it, drop it down while in app and the swipe it back up and continue with what you're doing. How great is that? BlackBerry? "Crickets..."

Posted via CB10
    Idk about TouchID "revolutionising personal security"... they've had fingerprint readers on some devices running Windows Mobile 6 for a while. Idk about a basic calculator running on the iOS notifications centre either. We have Active Frames and apps don't just close randomly like they do on iOS either. On iOS, switching to another app fully, even for just a minute or less, causes the previous app to restart when you switch back--a real annoyance when you hadn't saved something. Now I understand the purpose of that, lessening RAM use from simultaneously running apps that aren't being used at that time; but that's not good for work! Often if you just want to google something for two seconds and you switch back, your stuff is gone. This happened to me with Evernote, OneNote, Adobe Reader, Documents by Readdle, and other "productivity apps" on my iPad such that the Surface was a great sigh of relief. Lastly, they did not "revamp their entire OS" for sure.

But I do agree with mobile payments and NFC being underused on the BlackBerry. It's really BlackBerry's inability to foster linkages as quickly enough with other companies in the background that's at the root of the problem. Same with OS updates and "device testing" with carriers.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    10-15-14 06:37 AM
    You do realize that you can project all of that stuff using the HDMI adapter with an iPhone.
    Lightning to HDMI? Does that work out as well as microHDMI or Thunderbolt to HDMI? I'm asking a serious question here because idk.

I know the older charging port iPhones and iPads used to have, the wide one, could do this, but very very poorly. It wasn't adaptive as HDMI mode on the Q10, which adapts the screen in HDMI-out mode when showing presentations and videos to 16:9 so as not to have the weird letterboxing. I guess iPhone 5+ are doing 16:9 now anyhow so I guess it doesn't matter, but the iPad is still 4:3 so idk.

Personally, I like microHDMI to HDMI much more. It's the universal standard for mobile devices for wired video out. But I guess if lightning can handle it just as well...

10-15-14 06:43 AM
    People keep saying that yet no one ever has one. I have never seen an iphone presentation yet. How much is that adapter price wise. I buy standard connections for $3.00 a pop on Amazon. The OTG wire is about $1.75.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:51 AM
    I'm on Verizon so I feel your pain. I spoke to my rep Yesterday and I asked her about the Z30 &PP and she said "We retired the Z30 and do not sell the passport, I�m sorry!" and "I apologize, Blackberry is really starting to phase out unfortunately" Ugh so frustrating, we are not a huge company, but what if we were, or I wasn't aware of what BB is doing, this is the kind of crap that is killing BB in the US and I'm not sure how the can fight it.
    10-15-14 06:55 AM
    It is disheartening to say the least. Another stumble. Whenever a glimmer of hope appears on the horizon there is some sort of fumble coming behind. Finally a unique product that shows promise of acceptance (PP) and no supply. Who dreams this stuff up? It sure seems to be some kind of conspiracy, maybe they will write the script for a play. You know, comedy and tragedy. You can almost hear the sound of square iPhones rumbling down the conveyor belt (for xmas?). The shorts love this stuff too. It must be part of a grand plan to generate income at the expense of the faithful. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Mr. Chen is not the savior either.

Jake

Jakemeister
    10-15-14 07:09 AM
    False. For years, BBOS was served by multiple app vendors, such as Mobihand. The only time in the history of BlackBerry that it has been strictly necessary to get apps from BB World (excluding sideloading) is when BB10 arrived, but prior to version 10.2.1. The walled garden has thus existed for a small percentage of BlackBerry's history.

Moreover, they didn't "only recently open to Android" because they can't develop apps on their own. Obviously they can develop apps, because they have. But they can't develop all the apps they'd like to have. No platform can. They had to choose between the path that WP has taken, which is to have only native apps and wait and bribe as long as necessary for the apps to come in, and the Android runtime path.

Microsoft has much deeper pockets than BlackBerry, and can thus afford to play the waiting game much longer. I don't see that they really had a choice. If they learned anything from the PlayBook it was that developers would not beat a path to their door just because they're BlackBerry. As unhappy as we may be with the Android app situation (with good reason, in many cases), it seems to me it was the only play open to them. Do you have a better idea?

Anyway, I mainly wanted to point out that you're dead wrong about BlackBerry having always been a walled garden.
    raino and spikesolie like this.
    10-15-14 07:26 AM
    Seriously, this forum everyday seems more like Imore with 3 o 4 ifans (if you praise Apple, have an Iphone, it is by far the best smartphone for you, when you dismiss the fact that the Iphone 6+ has a structural fail in some point that makes it bend under right conditions (no need for excessive force), wth are you doing in CB?), like almost every one has told you OP, if the Iphone is the smartphone for you, because is innovative, gold and white, its name is has a six, or because it has a really cute apple logo, go for it, and don't open this kind of threads, or you are just seeking for attention?
    Playbook007 likes this.
    10-15-14 09:45 AM
    I keep asking and none of the CB users who constantly post variations of TEH IPHONE BENDZ1!1!!1!1!1!1!1 will tell me, maybe you can since you're the latest to squawk it.

I've owned a 6 Plus since September 19. No case 99% of the time. I've sat on it. I've bent over with it in my pocket - both front and back. I dropped it without a mark on it. And it still refuses to bend.

Now what in every day use do I have to do to make it bend? It sounds like it should bend if I look at it wrong, the way some carry on. But nope. Stick straight. Can you help? I fear my 6+ is defective because it won't bend at all! I mean, I use it without any fear now and that simply won't do!

In other words, can we have a day on CB without TEH IPHONE BENDZ1!1!1!!1!1!1!1! because it's been established that unless you try really hard it won't in regular day to day use bend. If it did, there'd be more than an odd post about it. There'd be millions of bent iPhones all over news and TV at this point.

Think of the way the random reboot issue got pooh pooh'd around here. That's a recent BB equivalent to 'bend gate'.

It's gotten to the point that when someone uses IT BENDZ as a serious argument I instantly close the thread for stupidity.
    I'll just leave this here....go read it
    http://bgr.com/2014/10/13/iphone-6-p...ate-apple-fan/

Especially take a closer look at that guys comments beneath the article. Bendgate is real. Get over it.

Oh and to BlackBerrys reboot gate: that's real as well. It still is on my Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1052 today. And from what I read so far it's even still a thing on some Passports.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by --TommesJay--; 10-15-14 at 10:33 AM.
    clickitykeys and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-15-14 10:21 AM
    Idk about TouchID "revolutionising personal security"... they've had fingerprint readers on some devices running Windows Mobile 6 for a while. Idk about a basic calculator running on the iOS notifications centre either. We have Active Frames and apps don't just close randomly like they do on iOS either. On iOS, switching to another app fully, even for just a minute or less, causes the previous app to restart when you switch back--a real annoyance when you hadn't saved something. Now I understand the purpose of that, lessening RAM use from simultaneously running apps that aren't being used at that time; but that's not good for work! Often if you just want to google something for two seconds and you switch back, your stuff is gone. This happened to me with Evernote, OneNote, Adobe Reader, Documents by Readdle, and other "productivity apps" on my iPad such that the Surface was a great sigh of relief. Lastly, they did not "revamp their entire OS" for sure.

But I do agree with mobile payments and NFC being underused on the BlackBerry. It's really BlackBerry's inability to foster linkages as quickly enough with other companies in the background that's at the root of the problem. Same with OS updates and "device testing" with carriers.

Some great points you have, especially when it comes to going back into apps that are running. I experience this also on my iPad. That could drive me crazy!

Posted via CB10
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    10-15-14 11:28 AM
107 12345