Does anyone know if the blackberry phones themselves are vulnerable to the conficker worm?
    03-31-09 12:16 PM
    Does anyone know if the blackberry phones themselves are vulnerable to the conficker worm?
    Highly, highly unlikely
    03-31-09 12:19 PM
    Is that like Ringworm?

I agree with Pete just because its Pete and no factual reason.

check this thread some folks were talking about it as well

http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/con...r-worm-194008/
    03-31-09 12:23 PM
    No worries, Conficker worm takes advantage of Microsoft vulnerabilities. It is not capable of infecting a BlackBerry.

Tomorrow is the day, all of the infected machines will activate their payload.

Variant C places a copy of itself on any attached removable media (such as USB flash drives), from which it can then infect new hosts through the Windows AutoRun mechanism.
    While BlackBerry is not vulnerable, the media card can be infected to spread the worm.
    03-31-09 12:23 PM
    Oh, goody! Just what we need, more Spam! Pass the BBQ sauce, please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:32 PM
    No worries, Conficker worm takes advantage of Microsoft vulnerabilities. It is not capable of infecting a BlackBerry.

Tomorrow is the day, all of the infected machines will activate their payload.

While BlackBerry is not vulnerable, the media card can be infected to spread the worm.

The media card??? How is this so?
    03-31-09 10:10 PM
    no, blackberrys are not susceptible. The media card should only be if you formatted it using a windows computer with it inside of a memory card reader.
    03-31-09 10:12 PM
    Wow!!! This is creepy!!! I am so late!!! I just found out about this tonight!
    03-31-09 10:16 PM
    The media card??? How is this so?
    It's a storage unit recognized by Windows, if you take the virus and store it on your memory card and then move it to another PC then you have infected that PC as well.

Chances of it...slim to none, but it's plausable.
    03-31-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD