Which is the better device? ANyone had experience with the T-Mobile Wing? And could you tell me how it is?
    02-10-08 11:50 AM
    Easy,the blackberry,windows mobile sucks
    02-10-08 06:24 PM
    Wing is nothing to compare to a BB,WM is always freezing up
    02-10-08 08:05 PM
    What do you want to know? What do you primarily use your device for? Those are the questions you really want to be asking yourself.
    The Wing is a great piece of hardware; very nice full keyboard, bright (and large) screen, touchscreen if you like that, although the keys work very well in place of having to use the touchscreen. Good integration with windows in general and Outlook in particular, although these can be had on the BB as well.
    Cons: Main thing is that it runs WM6. The fast processor and all available RAM are necessary for just running the OS, and when you have multiple apps running there can be a slowdown to snail's pace. Overall, though, it does rate well in my experience.
    BlackBerry: Heaven on earth. The OS speed is amazing, and the OS itself is rock-solid. The comparison is night and day, but it helps if you have a friend with each that you can borrow. The fact that you can hit 1-2 clicks and always be at the app you want almost immediately is a HUGE advantage over the Wing. The Wing does have Wi-Fi, though, if you're into that sort of thing.
    Personal opinion: I've tried the Wing and most of the BBs, and I just can't give up my Curve. It is just so......_sexy_. I know that's subjective to say the least, but there is more than the tactile response of the keyboard, the amazing OS, the intuitive operations.....it just has charisma in a small package. It won hands-down for my needs, and does sync well with Outlook when I need it to.

Good luck on your quest,
    -Eric
    02-10-08 08:56 PM
    We signed up for Tmobile a few months back, my dad got the wing i got an 8320. The Wing does have a few more features that i would like (streaming, remote desktop, faster browsing with WIFI than my curves wifi, touchscreen) But he is always having memory issues. A lot of times it will just shut down all of his apps and bring up a message saying he ran out of memory. I have played with the wing a lot and i think the curve is a better phone.
    02-16-08 02:27 PM
    I've also had the T-Mobile Wing and like the features it has but it does kinda get frozen up. Now i have the Blackberry Pearl and like it very much. Indeed it works a lot better, doesn't freeze like the Wing but one feature that i do miss is wrd and exel. I realy use both of those feaures. Good luck, hope it works
    04-03-08 05:59 PM
    the tmo wing is amazing
    a few friends have them at work
    i dont like the touchscreen and wm
    plus the fact i would break it the first week...
    04-03-08 06:05 PM
    The whole touchscreen thing is over rated to me... I used to LOVE WM until I came over to the dark side and played with a BB. I was hooked and am soooooo happy I made the switch. I had a PPC, and 2 MOTO Q. I wasnt feeling the touch screen and how it slides because sometimes (well a lot of time) the screens get all jumbled, especially if there are too many apps running. I also dont like the way it handles 3rd party apps.... The BB is a much better phone and you will or should fall in love with the OS... I did, and I was an avid WM user...
    04-03-08 08:00 PM
    My friend got a Wing when he got a new job with his current employer. He had issues with the thing until he flashed the ROM with a new version of Windows Mobile that had all the T-Mobile stuff stripped from it. The phone is now usable, but he nearly bricked his phone twice doing it.

The fact that you'd have to flash a phone with another OS to have it be usable seems a little messed up to me.
    04-03-08 10:02 PM
    I had a wing (purchased first day of release) and 5 replacements. Here's a review I did for CNET:

Let me first say, I am partial to PDA phones with QWERTY keyboards and touch screen interface. I have owned several with the most recent being the MDA. I was more than satisfied with the MDA but love new technology. The hype surrounding the Wing lured me into the store on the first morning of its initial release and found me shelling out $400 dollars to be one of the first to say I own this piece of crap. T-Mobile admits this is one of their high-end phones and I have spent countless hours on the phone with tech support trying to remedy the problems I have experienced with this phone. These problems included frequent freezes, sluggish processor response, dropped calls, Ring tones playing over Bluetooth during entire conversation, calls dropped while using the Bluetooth, Instant messenger interface locking the phone, memory leaks, frequently having to reconnect to sync with laptop, and camera not able to start unless phone is rebooted. After having the phone replaced 5 times and having the technicians make me reset the phone over and over, T-Mobiles customer service department offered to "allow me the chance" to give them more money in order to get a replacement phone and suggested I sell this piece of crap to another unsuspecting chump on EBAY. Needless to say I am following the old adage of telling everybody not the buy this phone! Save yourself the disappointment and live through my experience.
    04-04-08 03:13 AM
    Blackberry is a much better device. The Wing has windows on it. Windows is KNOWN for issues(take Vista for example). And once you hold a crackberry, you'll never go back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 03:30 AM
    We signed up for Tmobile a few months back, my dad got the wing i got an 8320. The Wing does have a few more features that i would like (streaming, remote desktop, faster browsing with WIFI than my curves wifi, touchscreen) But he is always having memory issues. A lot of times it will just shut down all of his apps and bring up a message saying he ran out of memory. I have played with the wing a lot and i think the curve is a better phone.
    Having experienced the Treo 700w (WM 5.0) and all the headaches that comes with it of constantly resetting the OS, I am gun shy of WM. If there is one thing that can be said about the BB OS is that " It just WORKS " and that is good enough for me.
    04-04-08 04:20 AM
    I traded my BB Pearl for a Wing recently. I had it for 2 weeks. I'm posting from my brand new 8310 unlocked snd on T-Mobile right now. Any questions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 06:53 AM
    I used to have the MDA (older version of the wing).

I like the Curve better because of functionality and ease of use. I did like that on the MDA I could lock the device while on a call so that it did not burn the battery after the call was done. Also it is Microsoft which makes browsing for files easy. In addition, it had mobile versions of microsoft office apps

The berry is better and will be so after 4.5 is out with docs to go
    04-04-08 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD