My friend and I are always trying to "one up" each other with our electronics and gadgets so the debate was iphone or bb? I went and got the bb Curve and I have to say that was the right decision for me. So he had to check it out and having almost convinced him of getting one too he bought an iphone just to try and "one up" me. After playing with that thing five minutes I was over it. Of course I'm sure he would say the same.
    01-12-09 09:12 PM
    i said it once and ill say it again....

iphone = overrated

id rather have my BB
    I hear ya, so true. I sell them both for a living. give me a Blackberry any day!!
    02-25-10 09:20 PM
    I have a work BB and a personal iPhone. The iPhone really is a far superior device in pretty much every aspect. BB wins for the LED notification and ease of use for email but that's about it.

Put it this way - I wouldn't want a BB for my personal device but I wouldn't want an iPhone for my business device...
    02-26-10 01:31 AM
    Yo! Ok well my opinion may not seem important as I am only 13 but I suggest you read this for a different perspective. I honestly if I had a choice would take a blackberry, but that's not to say the iphone isn't cool. Its app world makes blackberry's app world look like child play, the interface is user friendly and easy to pick up, the multi- touch screen is revolutionary and it looks cool too also internet rocks. But in the long term blackberry for me is better sure browsing the net is not as good as iphone but it works. I go to a boarding school and my mom lives over seas so e-mail pushing is wonderful for me, all in all there really is no wrong choice when choosing either one of these phones, but the one prominent advantage blackberry has over iphone besides being an AMAZING smartphone is crackberry!!! (You don't see crackapple so you?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 07:30 PM
    I have a work BB and a personal iPhone. The iPhone really is a far superior device in pretty much every aspect. BB wins for the LED notification and ease of use for email but that's about it.

Put it this way - I wouldn't want a BB for my personal device but I wouldn't want an iPhone for my business device...
    you forgot that the BlackBerry is a better Phone. ( signal strength, removable battery etc.)
    my set up used to be a Blackberry Curve ( work) and an iphone 3GS ( personal)
    i changed it to a BB Curve ( work) and a Torch ( personal)

if you have an ipod touch or an iPad / Xoom i really don't see the need to own an iphone.
    04-21-11 07:39 PM
    The funny thing is even with the iPhone's issues in some markets, people are still keeping them instead of giving them up for a better "phone."

Smartphones are about more than making calls. If people cared mostly about that they'd be buying Motorola or Nokia dumbphones instead.

Carriers make a ton of money from Data packages, and I wouldn't be surprised if they probably make more from Data than people getting above-minimum voice packages.

I think soon they will be forced to lower the cost of their SMS packages as well, or start bundling that in for free with data packages given the aggressive way data-based Smartphone to Smartphone messaging clients are creeping up on them.
    04-22-11 02:42 AM
    Now that they're both on Verizon, I'm not so sure about which is the better "phone."

I am sure of one thing: RIM reported 14.9 million units sold during its most recent quarter (which included most of December), with a $934 million profit. Apple reported 18.7 million sold (January - March), with $3 billion in profit just from the iPhone (total iOS profit was north of $4 billion). Both the sales and profit gaps are widening.
    Yep, if those stats are right doesn't it mean Apple is overcharging for iphones?

04-22-11 04:06 AM
    Everyone is going to have their own opinion on iPhones and Blackberries. But it all comes down to what YOU want, and not what others think. iPhones are definitely overrated I will agree, but I love the iPhone. I'm not going to buy a phone because everyone else is, I focus on my needs and what I want from a phone regardless of what anyone else thinks. I love blackberries AND iPhones and was a blackberry owner for many years, but the iPhone works for me right now. Thats all that matters.
    04-22-11 09:32 AM
    recently I bought a BB Curve 9300, to use only for calls, SMS & email. I have a iPhone 3GS, which I have found unreliable for voice calls. I think that the iPhone & the 3G network are not a marriage made in heaven. After month's of lost calls, calls straight to voice mall and reception issues , I had had enough, so I went out and picked up a BB. I think that the BB is so out dated, as the browser, music and Calendar, reminds me of an old Nokia I used to have in days gone by. The BB phone is a rock solid phone, but that's where it ends. The BB can not compare to the music player or internet on the iphone.
    04-22-11 01:25 PM
    recently I bought a BB Curve 9300, to use only for calls, SMS & email. I have a iPhone 3GS, which I have found unreliable for voice calls. I think that the iPhone & the 3G network are not a marriage made in heaven. After month's of lost calls, calls straight to voice mall and reception issues , I had had enough, so I went out and picked up a BB. I think that the BB is so out dated, as the browser, music and Calendar, reminds me of an old Nokia I used to have in days gone by. The BB phone is a rock solid phone, but that's where it ends. The BB can not compare to the music player or internet on the iphone.
    Speaking of music, doesn't the 9300 have dedicated music buttons at the top? And if you can put OS6 on it(I'm not sure) you can sync your itunes with your 9300 using wifi, that's gotta be worth something as far as I know iphone can't do this. Comes in very handy when somebody else is using the computer and you want to sync.

Still, I think a blackberry and an iphone can be a good combination if you use two devices.

04-22-11 01:39 PM
    10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
    It is refreshing to see a thread created in '07, that is still revelent today.

I have both an Apple and BlackBerry. My SIM card stays in the BlackBerry and the Apple stays in my WiFi bubble for testing my code.
    04-22-11 01:47 PM
    BB definitely for me. The iPhone never did impress me much.
    04-22-11 05:00 PM
    Sorry to came late for the party, but iphones are ifuns, they just have apps and aren't as reliable. Although, hacking and jailbreaking it can be fun, if thats what you like to do.
    04-23-11 12:00 AM
    . The BB can not compare to the music player or internet on the iphone.
    I can not understand this. I have had an iPhone 4, still have an iPad, and have a bold, a previous bold and a pearl. I fail to see how the iPhone plays music any better. My new bb has os6 and it plays music just fine, and looks great, so why is it that iOS music player is so much better?
    04-24-11 07:56 AM
    There is a lot of disinformation regarding exclusive features to the iPhone. I will say I think its a fine device, but with many notable flaws too.

Media, web browsing, UI, and speed in doing these things, its about as good as any smartphone you can find. iTunes is available on it exclusively and it has the most apps.

The iPhone4 on AT&T I know is horrible as an actual phone though, the 3GS was far more reliable. Also no QWERTY keyboard means typing/messaging/emails, take longer and are a bit of a chore. But for a touch screen only phone, it types well.

As for the BB comparison. There are so many different kinds its not fair to just compare the whole BB line to a grand total of what? 4 iPhones?

BB's are great at messaging/texting/emailing, the best at real time emails/notifications. All of them but the Storm models so far have a built in QWERTY keyboard. Most of them with the possible exception of the Torch are nowhere near as good as an iPhone in web browsing though.

As for iTunes, BB desktop manager will let you sync all your itunes to your BB anyway, so its hardly an advantage for Apple there.

Also unless you "jailbreak" your iPhone, Apple will nickel and dime you for everything from ringtones to apps.

Also you cannot customize your iPhone, you cannot use SD cards, you cannot do much to it and fixing it, you need to go to the Apple store and that gets pricey if you ever have problems with it.

I own the BB Torch 9800. It holds its own against iPhones in web browsing, media, etc. Its superior in texting/messaging/emailing, and it has the great design of having a good touch screen, comparable to the iPhone's, a trackpad, and what I MUST HAVE- a physical QWERTY keyboard!!!!
    04-24-11 09:16 AM
    I almost forgot, iPhone batteries tend to be weaker than BB batteries. To be fair, if your are using your iPhone as an iPod/MP3 player or playing a lot of games, then yea, that kills the battery.

But doing similar things on my Torch it appear to waste less power? Maybe its that the iphone 4 processor is a bit more powerful and wastes more battery, I dunno?
    04-25-11 06:28 AM
    The iPhone has better audio hardware than blackberries. Galaxy s phones as well. The sound quality on both of those are excellent. They are better than blackberries for playing music, factorably so...

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    04-25-11 08:20 AM
    This thread is from 2007. I dont think we need to keep dragging this on and on....
    04-25-11 08:23 AM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD