I have a strange problem I have my desktop configured using Gmail with IMAP. I have my Blackberry Bold on AT&T configured via BIS.

On my desktop if I type an email, while I'm typing it, I get multiple partial emails on my BB as new messages while I'm typing.

So if my email is:

"the quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dogs"

I'll get 4 or 5 emails on my BB that look like.

Email 1:

"the quick re"

Email 2:

"the quick red fox jum"

Email 3:

"the quick red fox jumped over th"

Email 4:

"the quick red fox jumped over the lazy brow"

and so on and so forth, I think you get the idea.

I am not sure why this is happening as these partial emails only show up on my BB, not on my Desktop and not on my iPhone when I used to have that.

Anyone have ideas what is causing this problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks!
    05-07-09 10:53 AM
    Sorry, I don't have an answer for you buy I just wanted to chime in that BIS has some pretty serious problems with gmail. Odd stuff all over the map. I had a problem where I was getting 200 old emails from my inbox sent to my BB 4 or 5 time a day. Totally random and annoying. I caved and called sprint for tech help and they told me to resend service books which I had already done previously several times. They must have changed something at the backend because when they told me to do it, the problem stopped.

I don't know why gmail should be any different than any other imap account but whatever. Your best bet is to call the carrier for tech support. It sucks but it worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 01:19 PM
    I deleted and re added the accounts but I'm still having the issue. This happens for all 3 of my gmail accounts. I also notice that it happens when it gets saved as a draft so I think it might have something to do with the IMAP draft box. any suggestions?
    05-07-09 03:16 PM
    I think I fixed it. I went into the accounts section of my desktop mail client and DELSELECTED "Store drafts on server" so far so good
    05-07-09 03:22 PM
    I was having the same problem. It was driving me nuts. I tried your fix. I went into the accounts section of my desktop mail client and DELSELECTED "Store drafts on server". It seemed to work. Thanks for the fix.
    Last edited by tcc1060; 05-26-09 at 07:28 PM. Reason: missing word
    05-26-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";