If it came down to it and it became a cyber war between the most secure platform vs. The most competent hacking organization, who would win?

Can A hack B? Can B prevent/secure against A?

The two seem to most polarized in terms of security and attacking.

Thoughts?

Powered by BlackBerry Passport
    07-28-15 05:10 PM
    Honestly, and this would make great marketing material, there's no way Anon could ever get past BlackBerry security. Nobody can.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 05:11 PM
    Honestly, and this would make great marketing material, there's no way Anon could ever get past BlackBerry security. Nobody can.

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to think so too.

07-28-15 05:16 PM
    Many here are not so confident,they should do something like this,,,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...eward-1025649/
    Flatman likes this.
    07-28-15 05:20 PM
    Many here are not so confident,they should do something like this,,,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...eward-1025649/
    Makes me nervous but go hard or go home, right?

07-28-15 05:54 PM
    Does Anon have any ties to the NSA? They among other governmental entities have access to the BB10 source code and hacking groups tied to governments would have the best chance of finding/exploiting any holes in BB10. Anon isn't even the most infamous lately, rogue groups like BlackVine have done more things that produce headlines.
    07-28-15 06:04 PM
    If it came down to it and it became a cyber war between the most secure platform vs. The most competent hacking organization, who would win?

Can A hack B? Can B prevent/secure against A?

The two seem to most polarized in terms of security and attacking.

Thoughts?

Blackberry is the best in security but Anonymous can get through BlackBerry's servers. It would take time though!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is a truly optimistic post lol!

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul, Cynycl and jmr1015 like this.
    07-28-15 11:12 PM
    Does Anon have any ties to the NSA? They among other governmental entities have access to the BB10 source code and hacking groups tied to governments would have the best chance of finding/exploiting any holes in BB10. Anon isn't even the most infamous lately, rogue groups like BlackVine have done more things that produce headlines.
    BlackBerry vs. BlackVine? With names like that they'd be better off collaborating!

07-29-15 06:33 AM
    Isn't Anonymous more into hacking PCs and mainframes? Have they uncovered anything significant from anyone's phone?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    07-29-15 09:21 AM
    Anon would win, but honestly they usually don't do stuff like that with a cause. They have their own special definition of "justice" and heaven help you if you fall on the wrong side of it.
    07-29-15 09:35 AM
    The hacking group would eventually win.....

Like the hack and release of the Hacking Team files shows... it is usually more profitable to keep those hacks to themselves.

Big reason to get rid of FLASH is it is a risk, and is a favorite tool of those trying to glean data form a device. Sadly with the Android Runtime and the way permissions work... I imagine we are vulnerable to a number of tools that can access even our data.

Get root access to the phone... no. But accessing files, messages and contacts.... just depends on how smart the user is.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-15 09:58 AM
    The hacking group would eventually win.....
    FUD!

You think BlackBerry are not continuously making changes/improvements?
    07-29-15 10:44 AM
    FUD!

You think BlackBerry are not continuously making changes/improvements?
    Is it FUD that they were able to gather data from BBOS users... which at the time we all taught was impossible?

Is it FUD that many of BlackBerry's software products were vulnerable to Heartbleed?

I'm not saying that someone will "crack" BB10 and be able to access a device. Just that if you are online... you use a browser or an app, that it is "possible" that eventually they "may" find a way in. And usually it will be the user that is the problem... they download a browser with a flash player, download apps from some 3rd party developer, they use "patches" provided by someone to get an app they want.

Yes BlackBerry is continuously making changes and improvements (has slowed a lot of late).... but they can only change what they know about.

BlackBerry(device with BB10) + BES + knowledgeable BES Admin = secure device

BlackBerry + the average consumer that is desperate to get apps any way the can = maybe not so secure a device
    07-29-15 11:08 AM
    BlackBerry vs. BlackVine? With names like that they'd be better off collaborating!