As I sit here basking in the LCD glow of my 8320 curve I am wondering if I will ever like another BB as much as I like this one.

Is it possible that some people are so satisfied with their BB that they no longer yearn for the next biggest, greatest, prettiest, device that RIM will produce next?

Can there ever be too much in a phone? I don't know. I am content as I can be with my curve right now. Next year... We'll see.

I do think most of us will always be looking into the horizon for the next BIG thing. How much would a phone have to be able to do for you to reach your own BB utopia? Will RIM eventually hit a wall and be left with absolutely nothing better to manufacture?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 10:29 PM
    It'll never happen... as technology keeps progressing, there will always be something newer and better and I'll always be there wanting it.
    01-28-09 10:32 PM
    Is it possible that some people are so satisfied with their BB that they no longer yearn for the next biggest, greatest, prettiest, device that RIM will produce next?

You know I felt this way exactly before I started visiting crackberry forums. So I blame everyone that posted about how great the 8900 was going to be for my new addiction of wanting the latest and greatest Berry. LOL! (Way to not take responsibility for my actions...right?)
    The key to contentment is to avoid advertising!!!
    01-28-09 10:43 PM
    Never going to happen. People being people will always look for the
    next big thing whether it be a car, fridge, dishwasher, coffee
    maker, shoes, or phone. And thank God for that. If we ever did
    find utopia the manufacturers would have no incentive to innovate.
    01-28-09 11:12 PM
    I think the cuvres features are at its best. The latest BB is going to be the exact same thing but beefed up with better display, more RAM and on board memory.

01-29-09 12:05 AM
    I think the cuvres features are at its best. The latest BB is going to be the exact same thing but beefed up with better display, more RAM and on board memory.

You basically just described the bold....
    01-29-09 12:07 AM

Just the screen on the Curve is beautiful. Proves you don't need touchscreen to have an amazing screen. I can't wait to get the 8900.
    01-29-09 12:10 AM
    And the curve 8900, plus from BB pearl to pearl flip. Same thing

01-29-09 12:11 AM
    You obviously haven't see the Bold's screen in person - I have the touchscreen and the Bold's resolution makes me drool. Each berry has their very unique type of crack. But as previously mentioned they (THE MAN) hehehe will find something better to add another megapixel plateau, or new "toast your bagel" function that will draw you in. Or I should say draw us in, rather.

01-29-09 02:52 AM
    The Bold with 1gb of app memory & 5mp camera with autofocus, that's all I'd need

01-29-09 10:35 AM
    I'll always be wanting to adopt new tech--but never right away. Once the Bold's been out for a year or so, had most of the bugs ironed out...then we'll talk.
    01-29-09 10:39 AM
    The 8900 has got me intrigued definitely, but it'll be a long time before I'm looking at a phone upgrade. Rigt now I'm extremely happy at lookin at the next year and a half with my Curve. I know in the next 2 yrs they'll be a phone I'm yearning for anyway.

01-29-09 11:48 AM
    I didnt think so but then i saw the 'Sample movies' on the Bold and then the storm.. I mean yo its like HD!!

i kinda am gettin used to the storms touch screen to, just playin with my friends... i think the 8900 will be tough to beat for a while till the next major internet/technology break through wows us all on computers then makes it to BB's...
    01-29-09 12:12 PM
    I agree, eventually, my 8320 will be as valuable as a paper-weight :/ BUT as of right now, I am sooo happy with my Curve, I honestly don't even care about the newly released Bold, Storm, or 8900. I actually just want my Curve 8320 n would not currently trade it for any of the new ones. Devotion!

01-29-09 04:00 PM
    Innovation is key. Whenever I get on this subject I always use an easy example. I remember when the Lakers were great in the early 2000's and all of a sudden Shaq left and things were meager for about 2 years. Within that time frame all of a sudden the Clippers emerged out of nowhere. They became the talk of the town for a while. The Lakers are better now and I believe a big reason why is because the Clippers starting to win FORCED the Lakers to innovate. FORCED them to make changes. Not just sell tickets and make their money off of the Kobe Bryant show. So whether it be cars, appliances, handheld devices, etc. We will never be fully at peace because we eventually start to want more, and are no longer satisfied by what is in front of us.
    Last edited by poe1983; 01-29-09 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    01-29-09 05:51 PM
    Innovation is key. Whenever I get on this subject I always use an easy example. I remember when the Lakers were great in the early 2000's and all of a sudden Shaq left and things were meager for about 2 years. Within that time frame all of a sudden the Clippers emerged out of nowhere. They became the talk of the town for a while. The Lakers are better now and I believe a big reason why is because the Clippers starting to win FORCED the Lakers to innovate. FORCED them to make changes. Not just sell tickets and make their money off of the Kobe Bryant show. So whether it be cars, appliances, handheld devices, etc. We will never be fully at peace because we eventually start to want more, and are no longer satisfied by what is in front of us.
    Well said. And agreed. We'll want more eventually.

01-30-09 12:34 AM
    I'm a tech geek insofar as I like to know what's out there and how to use it, but when I buy a piece of technology for myself, I buy it with the intention of it lasting me. I see no reason to buy a new computer every 8-12 months or a new phone every 3 - 6 months. With consistent upgrades, I tend to buy a new laptop every 3ish years and a new phone every 2ish. The only exceptions are if something catastrophic happens to my current device. When it's time to buy the new whatever, I do a lpt of research and buy a device that exceeds my current needs by a little so there's room to grow. So I guess I practice a sort of dynamic, cyclic utopia.

01-30-09 02:09 AM
    I think with all the different models of BB out there, there's one preferred BB for everyone that will completely satisfy them. You can get your BB in the form of a QWERTY phone, a flip phone, or a touch screen phone. A BB is defined by its software and push services, different BB models have different physical exteriors, that's the only difference. (Beside the other bells and whistles, wifi, gps, etc) so you ideal BB depends on that kind of physical exterior you prefer, its a good thing that RIM has a great variety of BB's to choose from.

02-01-09 05:19 PM
    I think with all the different models of BB out there, there's one preferred BB for everyone that will completely satisfy them. You can get your BB in the form of a QWERTY phone, a flip phone, or a touch screen phone. A BB is defined by its software and push services, different BB models have different physical exteriors, that's the only difference. (Beside the other bells and whistles, wifi, gps, etc) so your ideal BB depends on that kind of physical exterior you prefer, its a good thing that RIM has a great variety of BB's to choose from.

02-01-09 05:47 PM
    Woops posted that twice. Sorry

02-01-09 05:48 PM
    Never going to happen. People being people will always look for the
    next big thing whether it be a car, fridge, dishwasher, coffee
    maker, shoes, or phone. And thank God for that. If we ever did
    find utopia the manufacturers would have no incentive to innovate.
    A G: I agree with your innovation argument. But, I think a lot of people will have a favorite device that is not their newest one. We don't have a choice, eventually, to buy something new. And, we want to upgrade too. But, I don't think all of us want to get a new phone/PDA when we're happy with what we have.
    02-01-09 07:52 PM
    ff_emtd: I hear ya. My point was simply that I like seeing
    manufacturers continue to push innovation forward as opposed to
    becoming stagnant and resting on their history and reputation.

Trust me, the Pearl is my favorite BB and I do not upgrade at the
    drop of a hat. If I could never buy another phone again I'd be
    satisfied with the Pearl for years to come.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-01-09 at 08:43 PM.
    02-01-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD