BlackBerry users suffer from Stockholm syndrome-img_20140720_083046.png

The ARSTECH journalist I love to hate wrote that and I'm wondering, how many of you are stuck in your ways vs actually prefer your BlackBerry after trying a different platform properly? By properly I mean for days or weeks, not just an hour or two as we all know it takes a lot longer than that to give a platform a go.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 02:37 AM
    It's extremely shallow to relate one's fondness of mobile towards something psychologically troubling as Stockholm syndrome.
    07-20-14 02:42 AM
    I came from Android...
    GRojasHruska and Levi_Asaiah like this.
    07-20-14 02:56 AM
    Pfft.
    I don't know what Andrew's problem is, (but you can bet it's hard to spell).

..Z10 using CB10
    07-20-14 04:09 AM
    used all of them, used android the most, for a year, got an S3 first, i was like well S4 will be better im sure, preordered an s4... used for half a year, well the new xperia must be better... so i got one of those too. nope, it sucked *** too. so i finally got myself a blackberry again.
    GRojasHruska, lift and acovey like this.
    07-20-14 04:20 AM
    It's extremely shallow to relate one's fondness of mobile towards something psychologically troubling as Stockholm syndrome.
    Oh relax!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-20-14 05:08 AM
    I think the real name is "arse technica"

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 05:20 AM
    I just got my Z10, have a Nexus 5 and a Lumia 925, yet Z10 is now my daily driver... gave up on iPhone 4 (4 weeks then punted on eBay), though had a 5c for work and sent that back lol

He is probably being pretentious.

Barry
    07-20-14 05:21 AM
    I wonder the same thing about myself to be honest. Why I'm not using an android that doesn't dial every number randomly, lose contact information, is expensive and unsupported and obsolete is beyond me.

I'd be able to justify it if there was a portrait slider. But what did I just do? Buy a Q5 to type with. If Android had a quality keyboard I'd just check myself into the insane asylum right now.

I gotta agree with the tweet. Won't say it's true of other BlackBerry users but it seems I've fallen into some unnatural abusive relationship with this device that is holding me hostage.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    Nayalm, Monsterlad, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    07-20-14 05:27 AM
    Just a glance at his twitter account and you see you can't compete with the guy's coolness....
    he is a selfie taker (combo with the "i got a cat and i show it to the world" disease), spends his night playing retro video games in barcades...
    next step growing a beard and find a new purse to fit his brand new Passport as soon as all the bored and boring tech bloggers in search for originality will find it "kind of a cool device with its sharp edges"...
    But meanwhile he keeps jumping on the bandwagon and "originally" bashes an OS and a brand (that is rebuilding itself) he never even felt like to try (well he is a true modern tech blogger....i mean he has a cat and love retro video games... so he knows better right?....)
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 07-20-14 at 06:11 AM.
    07-20-14 05:32 AM
    I went from BB to Android, had an S3 for over a year and switched back to BB when Z10 came out and never looked back. I now have the Z30 and absolutely love BB10!!! Android is a good OS but for what i mostly do, phone calls, text, bbm, email, and web browsing nothing for me comes close to BB10. My wife has the iphone 5s and i have used it. Only one have not tried is windows phone. I also have a galaxy tab 10.1 note which is great tablet. If blackberry brings a 10 inch tab to market with BB10 i will buy it. I purposely switched to android to try it out because all imheard at work and from friends was it was fantastic and so much better. Well as saying goes been there done it and I choose to stay with Blackberry. It never lags, calls are always clear, when i want to watch video, play games it is great. Most important we all need to be thankful we have the freedom to choose and have so many to choose from, imagine if we didnt....
    07-20-14 05:36 AM
    I had an S4 for seven months, and a Galaxy Blaze 4G for about four. Is that enough to get a feel for Android? I had an HTC Radar for three months, running WP 7.5. I haven't used an iPhone, but my wife did for three years, so I had ample opportunity to play with it. But I use a Q10 because I like it. I have the 40 or so apps I need. I had a Z10 for five months too.

What abuse am I supposedly putting up with?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    07-20-14 06:05 AM
    There's no ideal hand set out there regardless of the brand. What we could have on one phone, it's lacking on the others. To suffer Stockholm Syndrome there's has to be a perpetrator and a victim. Unless the person played both roles in his/ her mind. That would be multiple personality.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:20 AM
    Hahaha. This guy is such a dik. Why does anyone care what this pompous a$$ has to say about anything. I like technology. I used all kinds of devices and prefer BB10. I teach people how to better utilize their Androids and Apple devices all the time because they aren't as easy to learn as people think. I also enjoy learning new things. Yet BlackBerry will always be my go to mobile device. I just like the way they do things. Yes, I think there are a ton of improvements that can and should be done, but that doesn't mean I'm going to forego what I like about BlackBerry just because of it. We should be embracing choices in the tech world instead of poking fun of people that choose something different to you. What about Windows Phone users? This guy just sounds like he has been paid to say this crap.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, shaleem, lift and 1 others like this.
    07-20-14 08:01 AM
    I actually did leave and tried an iPhone for a whole month. Typing on it was awful. Went running back to keyboard phones.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-20-14 08:04 AM
    I have a syndrome and it isn't Stockholm
    07-20-14 08:12 AM
    I have a syndrome and it isn't Stockholm
    Is it the crackberry syndrome? It's quite common I heard.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and shaleem like this.
    07-20-14 08:15 AM
    I've used Android and iOS and I still prefer BlackBerry. It's just a matter of preference.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-20-14 08:20 AM
    I have a friend only waiting for the Classic to be released. His corpo iPhone drives him crazy all the time.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:41 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140720_083046.png 
Views:	2358 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	286080

The ARSTECH journalist I love to hate wrote that and I'm wondering, how many of you are stuck in your ways vs actually prefer your BlackBerry after trying a different platform properly? By properly I mean for days or weeks, not just an hour or two as we all know it takes a lot longer than that to give a platform a go.

Posted via CB10
    And I wonder how many of these people presenting these opinions have actually tried Bb10 properly, by properly I mean for days or weeks, not just by reading another bash article or trying a BBOS5 device.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    07-20-14 09:46 AM
    you guys are giving this guy way to much credibility.....ignore and move on! You are feeding him too much
    07-20-14 11:05 AM
    I don't see the big deal, he probably saw someone with an old BlackBerry bold or curve. Otherwise he just doesn't know how BlackBerry 10 works.

Nothing new here, just same ol' lack of marketing to raise awareness and the normal bashing of BlackBerry in all sociel media.

BlackBerry 's fault if you ask me, let them solve it.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:12 PM
    you guys are giving this guy way to much credibility.....ignore and move on! You are feeding him too much
    All the juvenile personal insults and assumptions of character and intelligence vs actually answering OP's question? Just replace "Blackberry" with another OEM and the post would be drowned with accolades. Cunningham's tweet is melodramatic but his reasons for thinking poorly of the phone can be as legitimate as another's for loving the phone.

Our reasons for choosing anything and sticking with them (or not) can range from hating change to wanting to be known for supporting underdogs to really liking a single feature to being forever bored. You'll get a continuum of opinions, just like you would in (gasp!) the twit-o-sphere.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-20-14 12:37 PM
    All the juvenile personal insults and assumptions of character and intelligence vs actually answering OP's question? Just replace "Blackberry" with another OEM and the post would be drowned with accolades. Cunningham's tweet is melodramatic but his reasons for thinking poorly of the phone can be as legitimate as another's for loving the phone.

Our reasons for choosing anything and sticking with them (or not) can range from hating change to wanting to be known for supporting underdogs to really liking a single feature to being forever bored. You'll get a continuum of opinions, just like you would in (gasp!) the twit-o-sphere.
    07-20-14 12:55 PM
    For me it's more like... I already know Android and iPhone are fine, they work, have all the apps, etc. However, I find it interesting to see something develop and grow. If BB10 had never happened, then it'd be another story, but it's been quite fascinating watching BB10 'grow up'. There's also the feeling that Android and iOS devices 'will always be there', while you just never know if the BB10 device you are holding will be the last (ahem... Z30 owners). So... I don't know, it's not entirely a 'practical and logical decision process', but it's definitely not "Stockholm syndrome".
    07-20-14 01:10 PM
84 123 ...