O.K. I'm tired of all the B.S. in the media. Today I read two completely false statements regarding RIM.
    1. RIM security has been breached.
    2. RIM to discontinue Playbook.

Both of these statements are intended to damage to a company that still has a huge market share and loyal following. I got a Bold 9930 and now I have the best phone in the world in my view. I also got a BB Playbook and love it. Everyone I've talked with that got either of these two loves them.

So, am I the only guy that is willing to stand up and say enough with the B.S. I've been a happy BB user and I still love BB? I'm happy with what the Bold 9930 and the Playbook offer right now. Sure, I'm open to upgrades and improvements but what they offer right here and right now is awesome. Especially if you get past all the negative comments and just look at the facts, the specs.

Anyone else with me on this? Let me know if you support RIM or not. Just want to hear it from the users. So, if you have an iPhone or Droid more power to you but this is not for you so please go troll somewhere else.
    09-29-11 01:11 PM
    I agree. I don't even listen to the media, most of which have never even held a Playbook. I'm very happy with my new OS 7 phone, and my wife loves her Playbook. No complaints here. The android player will be a nice addition, but it's not as if I have to have it to enjoy the devices.
    09-29-11 01:16 PM
    I don't support any company. I buy what works at the time. They don't pay me to endorse them.
    09-29-11 01:18 PM
    I don't get it.

I don't want to listen but because I am so broke, I am nervous to sink more money into the BB ecosystem. I don't want to be stuck like the WebOs people. I can't afford to buy a new BB and apps if I am going to be stuck in this position.

But I love BB so... even if they go under they will always have a place in my heart.
    09-29-11 01:19 PM
    Obviously, android users can't read. That is probably they like the big screens with all the colors even though they kill your battery life.
    09-29-11 02:43 PM
    RollingRock1988,
    Thanks for being open and candid. I can tell you this much. With 70 million users RIM is not going out of business. The issue is that people are trying to scare users away. Just making it harder on RIM and that is not cool.

Although RIM is losing favor in the U.S. it is taking more market share in England that the iPhone. I believe the OS7 devices are very, very competitive and should do quite well.
    09-29-11 02:49 PM
    Personally I love my Torch 9800. Simply wouldn't be without it. In my job as a taxi driver I see many phones in use. The most common are the Iphone or the BB and out of these the BB comes in first. To the tune of about 70%. BB is here to stay. So if you are not happy with BB stop moaning and go elsewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 03:48 PM
    I'm in. Screw the media hype!!

I bet they're all using BlackBerries!!

Its a case of the blind leading the blind, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to sell their news stories.

Bored of it.

Love BlackBerry!

09-29-11 04:22 PM
    Anything in the mainstream media is complete BS. Lying through omission, editing to mislead, & plain old lying, If your serious about having the truth there are places on the internet where the truth is available. TV, Newspapers, any corporate owned media, is all nothing but misleading garbage.

kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-11 04:31 PM
    Don't get me wrong guys. I love my BB. To death.
    09-29-11 05:20 PM
    I love my BB still and still use my 9700 from time to time, but nothing can make me switch away from my mytouch. Just does so much more.

Battery life is finally getting me through a day and i type as fast as i did with a physical KB. Looking forward to QNX on the phones though.

09-29-11 06:12 PM
    O.K. I'm tired of all the B.S. in the media. Today I read two completely false statements regarding RIM.
    1. RIM security has been breached.
    2. RIM to discontinue Playbook.

Both of these statements are intended to damage to a company that still has a huge market share and loyal following. I got a Bold 9930 and now I have the best phone in the world in my view. I also got a BB Playbook and love it. Everyone I've talked with that got either of these two loves them.
    So if you have the 9930 and think it's the best in the world, why do you let these things bother you? The media is full of BS. You can't take it all seriously. Buy what fits your needs and be happy.
    09-29-11 06:30 PM
    Obviously, android users can't read. That is probably they like the big screens with all the colors even though they kill your battery life.
    um yes, people do indeed like big screens, it's been amongst the top 10 requests for BB for years now. that's why RIM is releasing touch only large screen qnx handsets first. battery life on my HTC sensation exceeds 24 hours, it's even went above 30, with regular usage. which is more than enough for anyone, most people charge nightly anyway.
    09-29-11 06:53 PM
    Nothing RIM does is good enough and anything bad is totally blown out of proportion...

There's hardly anyone currently using WP7, Nokia is tanking, but Mango has nothing but glowing reviews, even though its been almost a year for their first major update.

There were even fewer people using WebOS and it got nothing but good, hopeful press.

It's really ponderous
    09-29-11 07:00 PM
    wp7 accounts for 30% of HTC phone sales, and it hasn't really even seen much of a launch yet, it's only going to improve. some even think it's going to surpass android in 1-2 years time, seems nearly unanimous that people think it will surpass bb and ios quite rapidly.
    Pyramid Points - Why Windows Phone Will Beat Android
    09-29-11 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD