My wife and I both have Storms and we both drive Dodges. She has a Charger RT and I Have a Ram sport. Recently she was talking about getting an iPod to use as a music playing device for the stero her car has. I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the Storm as a music playing device over a car stero... or if it even possible to do...

Any help out there?
    11-03-09 08:22 PM
    and I know my spelling sucks
    11-03-09 08:22 PM
    We used an FM transmitter thing during a recent road trip out west. Worked fine as long as there were 2 chargers available. When the battery got low on the curve, the signal was not so great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 08:27 PM
    Sure ... depending upon what kind of audio inputs exist on the car audio system.
    11-03-09 08:28 PM
    Bluetooth? FM adapter with the 3.5 mm hookup (what i use in my truck) or simply a tape deck adapter which believe it or not produces good sound....dont know if your equipped with a cassette deck...some vehicles still are. if not get and aftermarket head unit w/ bluetooth capability and run it that way.
    11-03-09 08:28 PM
    i do believe dodge has an auxiliary 3.5 mm stock doesn't it?
    11-03-09 08:29 PM
    its has a USB adapter but tried that and it says invailid USB device... but it does have an AUX adaprter that looks kinda like a headphone jack.
    11-03-09 08:32 PM
    that 'aux' jack is exactly what you need .. plug it in and let it run .. youre good to go
    11-03-09 08:40 PM
    they sell em at like radio shack?
    11-03-09 08:47 PM
    they sell em at like radio shack?
    Yup, even Target has em. You just need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm (also called mini to mini)
    11-03-09 09:02 PM
    the wire is about 14 bucks i believe at radioshack? prolly cheaper on ebay.
    11-03-09 09:09 PM
    that 'aux' jack is exactly what you need .. plug it in and let it run .. youre good to go
    This is the way to go!
    11-03-09 10:11 PM
    I just wired up a new Bluetooth 2.0 compatible stereo in my 67 Camaro. It works perfect. I just paired the stereo and my phone together and every time I get in my car the 2 automatically connect and all my music plays through the stereo without any wires or cords or transmitters. Also any phone calls will play through the stereo and it came with a small mike I mounted on my visor so I can speak through it as opposed to putting my phone to my ear every time I get a call. Now i just do everything hands free and wires free while driving...It is the shizznit...
    11-03-09 10:27 PM
    I'm currently using the AUX input jack which works quite well. When I've a bit more disposable income, I'll investigate a BT solution, as ditching the wires would be ideal.
    11-04-09 04:41 AM
    the wire is about 14 bucks i believe at radioshack? prolly cheaper on ebay.
    Please, please, please check out a website like HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! before you spend your money at Radio Shack. I buy all of my cables there, and have been very happy. High quality and low prices.
    11-04-09 07:17 AM
    what a great idea!!
    11-04-09 07:45 AM
    Please, please, please check out a website like HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! before you spend your money at Radio Shack. I buy all of my cables there, and have been very happy. High quality and low prices.
    Very nice site. The prices look really great as you stated.

For only $1.12 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 1.5FT 3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Stereo Male 22AWG Cable - Gold Plated | 3.5mm Audio M/M Cables

I paid about $6 at Walmart for a similar product.
    It works well in my auto's AUX input with my BB.
    11-04-09 08:23 AM
    My wife and I both have Storms and we both drive Dodges. She has a Charger RT and I Have a Ram sport. Recently she was talking about getting an iPod to use as a music playing device for the stero her car has. I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the Storm as a music playing device over a car stero... or if it even possible to do...

Any help out there?
    Hey Hay thanks for your service! I have a Charger R/T as well. I love this car! If you guys ahve a bluetooth system in your car you can sync up that way and even play Pandora Radio. It's pretty sweet! If not you can use the playlist you have on your phone via bluetooth.
    11-04-09 08:27 AM
    +1 i have an aux-in port in my car so i just used a line-in cord straight to my bb and play through there. love it
    11-04-09 09:06 AM
    I just got a new car radio with BT and can use the cord that I use to do backups on my PC to listen to music from my Storm, but I can only play one playlist and can't find the other playlists I have created.

Also after I disconnect from the radio it shows "scanning" on the bottom of the screen on my phone and all the songs that I was looking for come back in.

How do I get to the other playlists on my Storm so I can listen to them?
    11-16-10 08:10 PM
    I just got a new car radio with BT and can use the cord that I use to do backups on my PC to listen to music from my Storm, but I can only play one playlist and can't find the other playlists I have created.

Also after I disconnect from the radio it shows "scanning" on the bottom of the screen on my phone and all the songs that I was looking for come back in.

How do I get to the other playlists on my Storm so I can listen to them?
    If it has BT why do you need to use the cord? The purpose of using BT is so you don't have to use any cords.
    11-16-10 08:16 PM
    Well I tried that first and got no sound.........phone calls work great on the BT radio but I can't get the music to play.........I welcome all suggestions to try to make it work. :-)
    11-16-10 08:26 PM
    If your car has one of those "tape cassette" things, you can buy something to fit the cassette slot and connect it to your phone. Or you can get a cord for the cigarette thing
    11-16-10 09:01 PM
    My phone streams over bluetooth with Ford sync.
    11-16-10 09:06 PM
    Been running with my BlackBerrys using an Aux cable in my rig or an FM Tunecast Transmitter for two years now. I stream iheartradio or music off of my media card, or feed my SprintNav speaker feed through the trucks speakers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 09:09 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD