Looking to purchase a blackberry from ebay, phone is coming from USA unlocked and would like to use in UK.

Now i was wondering if i were to put in a o2 sim with data plan etc, would i still be able to use BBM and BIS services?

Thanks for help!
    05-11-11 10:36 AM
    you would have to make sure that the carrier that it was originally locked to, supports the same bands as O2. try a google search for the spec sheets to the device from both carriers...

also, YES data / bbm / BIS will work, providing that you have a blackberry specific data plan / BIS account on your SIM card..
    the device will also need to be unlocked, if that hasn't been done already... you can get that done for free at FreeMyBlackBerry.com

let us know more details about the device you are thinking of purchasing so we can offer more help
    goku100 likes this.
    05-11-11 10:48 AM
    Thanks for quick reply

Looking to purchase a Bold 9700, mainly for BBM services because of mates and uni etc. I've got a iphone for minutes and texts so all good there.

I think the phones usually on T-mobile or AT&T from USA, but the seller on ebay has unlocked all his phones.

Spending around �140 on it, still looking for a cheaper one though.
    Last edited by goku100; 05-11-11 at 11:17 AM.
    05-11-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD