Hey there felllow Crackberry addicts....

If you haven't already done so, head on over to www.berryreview.com to pick up your FREE copy of BLACKBERRY UNITE! This software has been released for Bell Canada. But has been posted on rapidshare.com....

Basically, its a mini BES for personal and small businesses, it does not require a server, only a desktop PC.

Check it out!

Keep crackin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 08:00 PM
    The official RIM page for it, which fully describes it can be found @ BlackBerry - BlackBerry Unite!
    05-08-08 08:22 PM
    Thanks helping out on the official link Bla1ze!
    05-08-08 08:51 PM
    Thanks a lot.
    05-08-08 08:56 PM
    Anyone used this yet?
    How is it?
    I know it's silly, but I'm hesitant about putting anything new on my Pearl since I nuked it a few days ago...
    05-08-08 09:06 PM
    I have downloaded it and installed it from Bell.

It's...interesting. I cannot get it to accept my email addresses, even following their specifications. I set it up without the email, and I have to say the main reason I would use it is to monitor usage stats.

It doesn't really install anything on the handset.
    05-08-08 09:58 PM
    I'm having the same email address non-acceptance problem.
    And the main reason I wanted this is to transfer files from my Pearl to my home comp or vice versa, and without the email setup, apparently you can't do that.
    On top of that, ever since I installed the Manager on my handset, it seems to be in a constant state of retreiving SOME sort of data...which is really annoying since it makes that buzzing sound in my speakers.
    Funny thing is, I deleted the manager from my Pearl and it's still doing it...even after a Soft Reset and a 45 second battery pull for good measure.
    Ugh, I knew I should've JUST SAID NO!
    05-08-08 10:20 PM
    i havent tried it, as I'm finally on BES...but was looking forward to Unite if I never got on BES..

I've downloaded it, but haven't tried it out yet...
    05-09-08 02:11 PM
    So how can you get it off your computewr and BB?.
    05-09-08 06:17 PM
    Just a standard uninstall in windows and standard remove the application from either the application menu on the BB or the DM
    05-09-08 07:05 PM
    Just a standard uninstall in windows and standard remove the application from either the application menu on the BB or the DM
    Oh I wish it had been that simple

I did both of those only to discover that there was a IT Policy installed on my BB. That IT Policy disabled my browser. There wasnt even an icon for Media Net or Browser.

So off I go and find and follow Naviwilliams post on how to remove an IT Policy.

This involved backing up the phone (which I'm not sure if It had anything to do with the Policy, but it only backed up Yahoo Messenger, and a launcher. All other apps did not, no biggie, I backup nightly), wiping the handheld, reloading the OS and finally restore from the last good backup.

My firewall is now enabled with a lock next to it, but since it doesn't seem to be affecting anything, I'm not stressing over it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-09-08 at 07:27 PM.
    05-09-08 07:25 PM
    I am wondering if it's because I downloaded it from Bell's site, and as a Bell customer it wasn't as hard to remove? Nothing like that was installed on mine...
    05-09-08 07:35 PM
    Actually nix that - mine to. Thanks RIM!
    05-09-08 07:46 PM
    05-09-08 07:58 PM
    Hey, if you upgrade to 4.5, and have JL_Cmdr, you can use the "resettofactory", and it will COMPLETELY remove the IT policy off of it, its a feature of 4.3/4.5.
    05-09-08 08:22 PM
    Yeah I remember reading that, but I was just not in the mood for reinstalling a gimpy (IMO) beta.

Besides I didn't really want to clean the basement anyway
    05-09-08 08:30 PM
    Thanks - just finished.

What.

A.

Pain.

Never again.
    05-09-08 08:38 PM
    WOW! Call me impressed I really like this software. Talk bout getting into folks business though if you are looking to do that. LOL GAWD! or I guess you could monitor your children's BB usage if you allow them one.

The only thing so far I wish it did was allow you to view your emails via the application. That would be awesome!

I thought the disabling your phone remotely was kinda awesome especially since you have full access to your computer files from your berry...
    05-09-08 10:12 PM
    Tahnya just keep in mind that the machine will have to always be on. If it shuts down you will not get your email, and as was my case lose your browser.
    05-09-08 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD