Despite actual hands on time with a Classic (and a screen cam of me on my Z30), my brother wants to go iPhone, stating many reasons, one of which is that the BB10 UI is too confusing. I'm baffled by this. A red herring? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 05:54 PM
    By the way, my brother is no dummy. He's a sonography technician...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 05:55 PM
    Despite actual hands on time with a Classic (and a screen cam of me on my Z30), my brother wants to go iPhone, stating many reasons, one of which is that the BB10 UI is too confusing. I'm baffled by this. A red herring? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    He probably doesn't want to use it and is just making up an excuse because he really wants an iPhone. My 6 year old niece already knows all the basics on my Q10 and BlackBerry Passport and she picked it up pretty fast.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 06:06 PM
    It's not at all confusing, it works the same way as any other os.

If you want confusing, try Sailfish coming from a Button Phone

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 06:10 PM
    Thanks, I'll pass that on to him...

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    05-16-15 06:12 PM
    If you don't like it , get whatever works for you .
    (There's no need to make excuses !)

BTW , recently bought a Z10 for my 77 year old dad. It is his first smart phone , set it up in Italian ( he immigrated in the 60's ) took about an hour to show him and away he went !

He is loving it !
    Especially flicking words on bbm !

Complicated , I think not !
    05-16-15 06:17 PM
    The BlackBerry UI is not confusing. It's just more complicated and more in depth than any other mobile OS out there. He just wants the iphone so he can fit in.
    Why else would you get an iphone?
    Posted via CB1
    05-16-15 06:17 PM
    The BlackBerry UI is not confusing. It's just more complicated and more in depth than any other mobile OS out there. He just wants the iphone so he can fit in.
    Why else would you get an iphone?
    Posted via CB1
    We both abandoned other platforms out of frustration, but I found BlackBerry to be more than up to the challenge. He doesn't think BlackBerry has much of a chance, and wants a "no compromise" phone. But there *are* compromises when using iDevices...

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    05-16-15 06:28 PM
    We both abandoned other platforms out of frustration, but I found BlackBerry to be more than up to the challenge. He doesn't think BlackBerry has much of a chance, and wants a "no compromise" phone. But there *are* compromises when using iDevices...

Posted via CB10
    Well there are compromises for all devices I think. For example android has malware. I'm a rep at my local telus and I had a customer come in today with a gs4. Her phone randomly had ads pop up on the screen even when she wasn't on the Internet. The issue was due to a couple apps she downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and diegonei like this.
    05-16-15 06:54 PM
    By the way, my brother is no dummy. He's a sonography technician...

Posted via CB10
    He's used to a home button?
    05-16-15 07:13 PM
    He's used to a home button?
    I guess. Leaving Windows Phone...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:25 PM
    OP, what is he using right now?
    05-16-15 07:27 PM
    Well there are compromises for all devices I think. For example android has malware. I'm a rep at my local telus and I had a customer come in today with a gs4. Her phone randomly had ads pop up on the screen even when she wasn't on the Internet. The issue was due to a couple apps she downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    I find android confusing to navigate. Not saying that I'm not enjoying my S6 edge, but BB10 is much more efficient in multi tasking and getting things done.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    thymaster and extisis like this.
    05-16-15 07:42 PM
    OP, by chance did you ask him exactly what was complicated? It's nearly identical in the basic operation to nearly any other phone. It has a bunch of screens with icons you touch to launch apps. You slide sideways between those screens to see more apps. You have a dock at the bottom for some fixed icon apps that don't slide away. You have a home button (or action depending on your device) to get back to where you started. You have widget-like frames that show you running apps. You have menus that slide from the top for phone settings. You have a lock screen with basic info that you must pass before reveling the rest of the system.

Which part does't he get?
    light_barer likes this.
    05-16-15 07:48 PM
    OP, by chance did you ask him exactly what was complicated? It's nearly identical in the basic operation to nearly any other phone. It has a bunch of screens with icons you touch to launch apps. You slide sideways between those screens to see more apps. You have a dock at the bottom for some fixed icon apps that don't slide away. You have a home button (or action depending on your device) to get back to where you started. You have widget-like frames that show you running apps. You have menus that slide from the top for phone settings. You have a lock screen with basic info that you must pass before reveling the rest of the system.

Which part does't he get?
    For one, he doesn't like that the text/SMS/email composition window isn't shown as an active frame when he slides up. (I guess he doesn't like that's it's an adjunct to the Hub.) Other than that, I'll have to ask him later...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:52 PM
    OP, what is he using right now?
    Window phone 8.1

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:28 PM
    I find android confusing to navigate. Not saying that I'm not enjoying my S6 edge, but BB10 is much more efficient in multi tasking and getting things done.

Agreed. My addiction to the google playstore was hurting my wallet and wasting my time. BlackBerry is what you need to get stuff done.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:16 PM
    He probably doesn't want to use it and is just making up an excuse because he really wants an iPhone. My 6 year old niece already knows all the basics on my Q10 and BlackBerry Passport and she picked it up pretty fast.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Coming from an iFoan (lazy foan) platform would be really confusing. No doubt.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-17-15 12:52 AM
    I find it very intuitive. But I think if you are coming from a different OS you have a bit of a learning curve. But even then I don't think it is as hard to get the hang of as some people say.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 01:40 AM

What are things?
    05-17-15 03:10 AM
    10.3.1 became indeed confusing, especially the black on black settings screens and the input fields which have been white before. The 10.2.1 GUI was much clearer.
    ssbtech and Carl Estes like this.
    05-17-15 03:35 AM
    10.3.1 became indeed confusing, especially the black on black settings screens and the input fields which have been white before. The 10.2.1 GUI was much clearer.
    How does changing the basic color scheme make it any more or less confusing? The operation didn't change at all.
    Irish Blues and gfondeur like this.
    05-17-15 04:20 AM
    BB10 is the 2nd least complicated OS after iOS in my opinion. Android is the messiest one of all and Windows can be new to people but no that complicated to understand.
    05-17-15 04:34 AM
    I also think Android UI is more complicated than the BlackBerry 10 one.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:39 AM
138 123 ...