Anybody have their blackberry tag along and use it at the beach to check your business and make deals on vacation.

Also you can google earth the beach you are laying on
    01-13-09 06:34 AM
    I know this is something I never do. To me vacation is just that, a vacation. The last thing I want to think about while sitting on the beach is work and emails. But that's just me, I just enjoy a break from it all sometimes.
    01-13-09 07:07 AM
    Vacation..whats that? I do use mine at the beach for business but unfortunatley I live by the beach.
    01-13-09 07:11 AM
    My BB has nothing at all to do with work, it's purely a toy used for pleasure. Sitting in a lawn chair on the beach, sipping a frosty beverage and surfing fun web sites sounds like my idea of a great vacation.
    01-13-09 07:14 AM
    I agree with Spinny. I am definitely selective as to what calls I take and who I reply to, but I will take my Berry with me every time.
    01-13-09 07:17 AM
    I aint taking my phone on the beach... na uh.
    01-13-09 07:43 AM
    Let's break this down in a mathmatical equation . . .

Blackberry+Sand+Wind+Music+Sun tan lotion+Alcohol+Water= Disaster!
    01-13-09 07:59 AM
    Heh. My equation balances when I add the "insurance" component.
    01-13-09 08:09 AM
    I think I would have to take mine with me. I don't think it's possible to for me to survive with out it anymore
    01-13-09 08:22 AM
    I'd rather not destroy my phone at the beach. Vacations are just that, vacations.
    01-13-09 08:23 AM
    Sure I'd have my phone but I probably wouldn't be on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:51 AM
    my berry is with me any where i go and one reason is my mother will soon be 79 and if she needs me i want her to be able to call me or my brothers to call in case it has to do with my mother.
    01-13-09 08:59 AM
    i live near a beach so i go there at least twice a week. i have a waterproof clear case that my bb fits in perfectly. i use my bb out there sometimes to chat inbetween reading and listening to the water. sometimes i use the bb's mp3 player while napping out there.

the other day i completed my ebay sale on the beach! i love that! making money and staring at the endless horizon!

here is the case i use. i have several just in case one breaks. it floats too!

DRY PAK Large Cell Phone / GPS / PDA Case

i don't have my bb out there when i'm snorkeling though!

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-13-09 at 09:10 AM.
    01-13-09 09:01 AM
    Anybody have their blackberry tag along and use it at the beach to check your business and make deals on vacation.

Also you can google earth the beach you are laying on
    Absolutely, every time I go, even on my honeymoon to Anguilla, though I wasn't "allowed" to use it.
    01-13-09 09:09 AM
    Heh. My equation balances when I add the "insurance" component.
    and the backup that you WILL hae... right spinny?

my cuz has actually gone swimming with her phone more than once. lol
    01-13-09 09:58 AM
    and the backup that you WILL hae... right spinny?
    Believe it or not I do have that puppy backed up, and refresh the backup regularly, just like my laptop. A hard drive crash many years ago taught me never to be without a current one.
    01-13-09 10:00 AM
    There are several places I do not take my BlackBerry and the
    beach is high on that list. As for vacations, NO WAY. That is after
    all the point of going on vacation - to get away from it all.
    As much as I use my phone for work and personal things, I have
    absolutely no issue whatsoever being without it for a week or two.
    I actually enjoy that.
    01-13-09 10:04 AM
    i know the feeling.. i have been backing mine up whenever i have it connected to my work pc... but i have having trouble connecting it now.... the last backup i have is like , friday.
    01-13-09 10:06 AM
    It's interesting how many people equate access to their BB with bothersome things. For me, taking a vacation is precisely so I DO have the time for fun things like geeking out with my BB. Work is part of what keeps me away from it (and my other toys).
    01-13-09 10:07 AM
    Let's break this down in a mathmatical equation . . .

Blackberry+Sand+Wind+Music+Sun tan lotion+Alcohol+Water= Disaster!
    THIS. I just came back from a vacation down in the USVI and Verizon has ZERO coverage down there (for those who care, AT&T works nicely), so I couldn't have used mine even if I had wanted to.
    01-13-09 10:16 AM
    It's interesting how many people equate access to their BB with bothersome things. For me, taking a vacation is precisely so I DO have the time for fun things like geeking out with my BB. Work is part of what keeps me away from it (and my other toys).
    well said. i agree with you there. i use my bb to stay connected to friends and family so i love when i have times to sit and talk or type, or snap pics to share.
    01-13-09 10:36 AM
    It's interesting how many people equate access to their BB with bothersome things.
    It isn't that it is bothersome to me. I am on the thing all day, so whenever I
    have a chance to not be on it and focus on the non-geeky aspects of my life
    I am more than happy to chuck it in a drawer for a week or two.
    01-13-09 10:37 AM
    I am on the thing all day...
    Yeah, I can see that. My work situation prevents me; mine languishes in the car all day waiting for me to get out of work, so getting to fark around with it some is part of the positive of being done with work for the day. I can see how the opposite could easily be true if I were on it constantly.

I also am vehement about work stuff not encroaching on my BB. I can count on one hand (with fingers missing) the people who have my cell number, and any one of them is a call I'll gladly take because it'll usually mean something fun is in the works. Ditto for my BB e-mail. Stuff makes it on there because I want to see it, not because I need to. I can't even access my work e-mail once I leave the building, and that is just fine with me.
    01-13-09 10:42 AM
    I leave my BB home when I hit the beach. I am not sure it will like the sand as much as I do. However, I could use a plastic bag to keep it safe. Someone on CB actually does this, but I cannot remember who.
    01-13-09 10:46 AM
    I leave my BB home when I hit the beach. I am not sure it will like the sand as much as I do. However, I could use a plastic bag to keep it safe. Someone on CB actually does this, but I cannot remember who.
    Leaving mine at home is not an option so I'm another who at least use to bring a ziploc to the beach, until I discovered these West Marine: Waterproof Dry Paks for Electronics Product Display....especially handy when on a boat.
    01-13-09 10:55 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD