I am nervous in light of the recent news from RIM that they might not honor the trade-up program rebates. Of course with my luck I just sent in my phone about 10 days ago (they are offering $175 for a Curve 9380!) and so far I tried to track receipt of the phone on the BB website but it hasn't been logged as received yet. They say to expect the rebate (in the form of a prepaid MasterCard) 6-8 weeks after they receive your old phone. So I'm wondering if they'll still honor it considering what's going on. Hopefully they will...otherwise I made a switch for nothing when I could have sold the 9380.
    06-30-12 07:47 PM
    I submitted mine back in May and finally got an email last week saying my old 9800 was received and inspected...so hopefully a rebate in 6 to 8 more weeks!
    07-01-12 08:42 AM
    I did the rebate on the PB and the device trade up on two phones. Took nearly 4 months, but I got all the cards in the mail, about a week apart. Slow, but better than nothing.
    07-01-12 09:34 AM
    It does take a while but count on getting it. You will eventually get an email stating they received the phone and you'll get your funds about a month after that
    07-01-12 10:44 AM
    It's now over 8 weeks since they acknowledged receiving my device. Their email said 6-8 weeks for receipt of the prepaid card. No sign of anything, and when I wrote to them 3 days ago, there is still no response.

Is this whole program a scam? Did anyone here receive their gift card? If so, how long did it take?
    09-10-12 07:53 PM
    For anyone else who's waiting for their rebate, don't hold your breath. It took 10 weeks for me to get my *VISA* card (the offer said MC but no biggie), and only after contacting the company in Michigan that was handling this fiasco. I had to email them about 20 times, only to get snippy short one line vague answers. Each time I got an email from them (there was a 5-day delay each time) there was a different story. Then they had the gall to ask ME to call the issuing company to verify if it was in progress. Anyway I got it, and it was the correct amount but the way this program is handled is very questionable, and to be honest, the treatment I got may not even have been worth the $175 (that's an exaggeration but you get the idea ).
    10-05-12 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD