Hello all,

I currently have a Pearl 8130, and I'm looking to upgrade. My question is the following, should I wait for the bold touch or the torch works great also. I really enjoy touch screens but I prefer to type on a real keyboard.

Also, any torch members having their slider getting loose?

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks
    05-10-11 08:15 AM
    Recommended, Wait.

If you can survive for now then just wait.
    05-10-11 08:18 AM
    Just wait, with the new bold there is a very good chance that it will be upgraded to QNX next year. It meets all the hardware requirements. I would actually be surprised if it wasn't, then its RIM just being cocks. Torch is a dead end device and the hardware is very outdated even for the time when it was out. Im am too holding out for the new bold with my 9700.
    05-10-11 08:38 AM
    Isn't there a next gen Torch on it's way? Similar specs to the new Bold that's due out shortly. New Torch was supposed to be available 4nd or 4rd qtr 2011?
    05-10-11 08:44 AM
    Thanks all then I might just wait. But yeah, I think theres a Torch 2 coming out, but theres no release date yet for it.
    05-10-11 08:50 AM
    Wait Wait Wait Wait.
    05-10-11 09:00 AM
    Anyone knows of the release date or the BB Touch?
    05-10-11 09:18 AM
    No one knows release dates at this point, RIM and the carriers have not said anything! We have heard rumors. Bold Touch was rumored to be coming in June/July, but NOW it's being rumored that it'll be August. HOWEVER, it's all just rumors. The other devices should follow, BUT EVERYTHING is rumors, and ANYTHING is possible! I think for SURE you can expect new RIM devices before the holiday season at WORSTcase!
    webadpro likes this.
    05-10-11 09:53 AM
    Hello all,

I need advice.

My carrier: Telus has a great Promotion on Plan and I'm worried by the time the touch comes out they might remove the plan. Would you guys say get the torch for now; Or should I still wait?

Just curious for any recommendations.

Thanks
    05-17-11 11:58 AM
    Hello all,

I need advice.

My carrier: Telus has a great Promotion on Plan and I'm worried by the time the touch comes out they might remove the plan. Would you guys say get the torch for now; Or should I still wait?

Just curious for any recommendations.

Thanks
    I don't think the plans are going anywhere soon. Besides, if you've been with Telus for sometime you can always bargain a cheaper plan for whatever you pay now.
    webadpro likes this.
    05-17-11 02:31 PM
    Hi,

Thanks, I might just wait then. Its simply because for 55 bucks you get quite a lot.

telusmobility.com/en/ON/plans/student40.shtml?INTCMP=student_plan

Cheers
    05-18-11 10:35 AM
    Recommended, Wait.

If you can survive for now then just wait.
    wait for the bolt touch, or torch 2...
    05-18-11 06:15 PM
    Hey all,

Finally I've managed to get this plan on my current phone, so now for sure im waiting. Looking at the PB at the moment. maybe that would be a nice gadget
    05-18-11 08:08 PM
    the torch should not even be an option at this point in time. the torch 2 will replace it eventually for the torch series. of course the bold touch is coming soon. but there is more to look forward to like the monaco/monza,curve torch, new curve which i think many new yorkers will grab because so many like the curve series.
    05-18-11 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD