Does anyone else experience aching thumbs from typing on the QWERTY keypad too much?? All that texting and messaging rly does your thumbs bad

haha... this post is just for fun... so let us know!

After a long day of texting I can sometimes feel an ache in my thumb when I use the QWERTY
    06-12-08 03:21 PM
    ya i get a lil cramping in my knuckles but i just crack them and then i keep on texting
    06-12-08 03:31 PM
    Since I got my Curve my thumbs haven't gotten sore, per se, but that part between my thumb and first finger (I don't know what to call it) is sore from holding the phone and typing on it...
    06-12-08 03:34 PM
    Nah not really...only after long day at work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 03:35 PM
    i havne't gotten sore yet. i guess it's because i stretch out before a long day of using the curve...haha
    06-12-08 03:43 PM
    hahaha... great replies so far... keep em comin'
    06-12-08 03:45 PM
    I got really bad BB thumb on my old 7290.

06-12-08 03:49 PM
    People! calisthenics, proper hydration and loose fitting clothing.
    I thought you'd all know this by now
    06-12-08 03:56 PM
    of course, but for some reason its mainly my right thumb
    06-12-08 04:12 PM
    of course, but for some reason its mainly my right thumb
    So many bad jokes, so little time I am just kidding, of course.
    06-12-08 04:15 PM
    No pain in my thumbs either. Text/im/email all day. Not a victim of it yet.

06-12-08 04:19 PM
    So many bad jokes, so little time I am just kidding, of course.
    lol, i know so i guess its not from my BB eeeugh!!
    06-12-08 04:36 PM
    yuck! i can see where this is going, i didnt get bb thumb too bad, but some of the fixtures at work hurt the part of my thumb that rolls the ball (dont laugh) so i wound up trying to use the side of my thumb affter that
    06-12-08 05:02 PM
    yuck! i can see where this is going, i didnt get bb thumb too bad, but some of the fixtures at work hurt the part of my thumb that rolls the ball (dont laugh) so i wound up trying to use the side of my thumb affter that
    Now you see, if you had left out "don't laugh" I'd have went right by it.
    But noooooo. Now I got to get a ShamWOW and wipe diet pepsi off my
    keyboard.
    06-12-08 05:07 PM
    My thum hurts but idk if its from my blackberry or basketball lol prolly basketball

06-12-08 05:08 PM
    I got it so bad when I first got my Pearl...my thumb actually cracked and it HURT soooo bad! I'm good now...i call it Tough Love lol
    06-12-08 05:26 PM
    A Little WD40 on the joints and away i go!!
    06-12-08 05:33 PM
    I switched from the BB pearl to the curve and now both of my thumbs are painful, so I tried switching to another finger to work the trackball and now that one is painful...
    Ouch!
    06-12-08 08:25 PM
    Now you see, if you had left out "don't laugh" I'd have went right by it.
    But noooooo. Now I got to get a ShamWOW and wipe diet pepsi off my
    keyboard.
    HAHAHA. That was hilarious. rofl

For some reason it is mainly my right thumb as well... not sure why
    06-12-08 09:26 PM
    Beat ya!
    I've actually been diagnosed with 'Blackberry Arm'.

I've got RSI in my forearm which is due to the muscles and tendons which control my thumb (which strangely never hurts itself) and position of hand being bloody sore due to over use, a type of tendonitus I believe. Like u guys its all down to basically using the qwerty too much and just holding the BB itself(whilst mesmorized by its wonders).
    The sad thing is I'm already on a shed-load of medication for a muscloskeletal condition I've been blessed with, so I hate to think what it would be like if I were 'normal'....so to speak.

All this after only a week and a half of having my BB. I'm looking at it as only a training injury and thinking about resting it.....but just not yet!.

06-12-08 09:29 PM
    Since I got my Curve my thumbs haven't gotten sore, per se, but that part between my thumb and first finger (I don't know what to call it) is sore from holding the phone and typing on it...
    I hate when that area gets sore, its such a pain because since it's not really a muscle or anything you can't like stretch it out or anything. All you can really do is put the Berry down for a bit and let it relax or text through the pain!
    06-12-08 10:11 PM
    I don't type nearly enough on this thing...

06-12-08 10:23 PM
    If your texting to the point that your thumbs hurt perhaps some therapy may be in order But seriously that can't be healthy. I have partial arthritis in my knees and aches and pain typically means I've gone too far and created a lot of stress in my knees. So I try and avoid anything that will lead to that happening.
    06-13-08 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD