They should put something out to reassure their customers.
    We are just getting bombarded with rumours that have been twisted and manipulated, it reminds me of the time when their data was down for nearly two weeks and they didn't issue any statement for about 5 days
    Also advertising is a form of communication but I won't go there.

Cm on BlackBerry, say something.
    You have a press office for a reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:28 AM
    it reminds me of the time when their data was down for nearly two weeks and they didn't issue any statement for about 5 days
    when was this? the largest outage i remember was 2 years ago for 3-4 days.
    09-05-13 09:33 AM
    Two weeks?

Not much to be said, IMHO.
    09-05-13 09:34 AM
    There is a lot of irony in this thread's title.
    KDB84 and h20work like this.
    09-05-13 10:03 AM
    The outage was in Europe, the actual issue was fixed within seven days but the backlog took another week to clear down. So there was no email or BBM in the UK for that period.

I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying they are shy at communicating

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:05 AM
    They should put something out to reassure their customers.
    We are just getting bombarded with rumours that have been twisted and manipulated, it reminds me of the time when their data was down for nearly two weeks and they didn't issue any statement for about 5 days
    Also advertising is a form of communication but I won't go there.

Cm on BlackBerry, say something.
    You have a press office for a reason.

Posted via CB10
    I think basically they have said pretty much there is to say. They are essentially admitting defeat in saying they aren't doing very well in selling hardware and back down the line, making hardware. That's being realistic and it is wise to be starting out on finding good buyers who can help the company achieve the company's vision of mobile computing by dealing with the hardware and taking care of that whole side of the business. Somewhere somehow these things will HAVE to happen.
    09-05-13 10:08 AM
    They should put something out to reassure their customers. Posted via CB10
    I think basically they have said pretty much there is to say. They are essentially admitting defeat in saying they aren't doing very well in selling hardware and back down the line, making hardware. That's being realistic....
    Agree with you Speed. The reassurance the OP and many BlackBerry faithful are looking for would be nothing more than false hope at this point.
    09-05-13 11:01 AM
    Lol, I remember getting an email from them and there was at the bottom of it about 8 lines of disclaimer.
    And who remembers when you updated BBM the scrolling of page after page of terms and conditions.

All I'm saying is they don't communicate well. Yesterday crack berry published an article that was an allegation(it said so in the tittle) and now it's like all over the forums that it's the end, BlackBerry should either confirm it or deny it.
    My translation of the news is this, going private equates to selling the company, in other words it has to be sold for it to be taken under private ownership.
    We will see how it all pans out. I don't think it's the end.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:11 PM