After having a problem with a berryweather App (302 error wouldn't connect) and having solved it myself, I am really taken with how robust the OS7 is and how customisable desktop manager is. (I wouldn't have been able to recover my data without the inclusion of the fault)
    On other phones, I've had, it wasn't possible to track down or find a work round for some issues, just a "factory reset"
    So I'm just saying how good the OS is, in these times where folk seem to want to trash it.
    A fabulous software set, which I hope is carried through with BB10.
    06-15-12 08:45 AM
    Good news. Congrats on solving the problem and the fix.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    06-15-12 08:49 AM
    One of the main reasons I'm not leaving BlackBerry they strike the nearly perfect balance between flexibility and security. There is much to be said for a 15 year old OS. It has evolved into an excellent mobile OS over that time. But, it is not for those wishing to have simplicity.

There is some considerable danger those hard-won lessons are walking out the door as RIM (necessarily) sheds some of their long-time employees. I don't expect BB10 to be mature and flexible in the first several releases. I'm willing to give them years to get BB10 at the level of capability BB7 enjoys.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want BB10 to be BB7. I expect QNX to make a huge difference to the core quality. I just know from working with the PlayBook, it will take some time to get the flexibility we enjoy with BB7.
    kbz1960, daveycrocket and shaleem like this.
    06-15-12 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD