Back in November I had an 8300 from O2 for a whole 15 mins before boxing it up and sending it back - I really didn't like it, especially the calendar.

Anyway, the need for some kind of mobile device has raised its head again so I'm back looking at Blackberrys again and I see the bold is available and it looks quite nice.

I have some questions that relate to my new situation.

First of all I don't want to use a blackberry email address. I have 4 email addresses that I have to send and receive from and I need that. There is NO WAY round it. I have to be able to send from the right address.

I want real-time sync with outlook (2007). If I send from my BB then it shows in the sent items on outlook immediately (well, with a couple of mins anyway) , if I send from outlook then it syncs to the BB in a timely fashion. Every email I receive in outlook comes to the BB and comes in on the right account. All the email accounts are POP3 and I have access to the servers so I could install a push service on them (Z-Push - open source push technology) if that is what is required and it will work with the BB

I want calendar events, tasks and contact to work in a similar way. If I create a new contact while I'm out then it will be on outlook when I get back to the computer and visa versa. (push contacts, tasks etc)

The iPhone can do some of this using mobile me (Apple - MobileMe Apple- MobileMe) but I don't want an iPhone. I appreciate that it's not free and I have no problem buying some software.

I should point out that I don't use exchange and it's just me, there are no other users.

Syncing using a cable connected to the PC is not the way I want to do it. I am not looking for hacks or work arounds, I want a proper solution.

Are others doing this? What do you guys use to do this.

TIA
    Last edited by Chrome Orange; 08-30-08 at 03:56 PM.
    08-30-08 12:48 PM
    It is available, and it is quite nice. Were those questions though?
    08-30-08 12:49 PM
    It is available, and it is quite nice. Were those questions though?

sorry

in order to post the urls that appear in my whole question I need 10 posts.

I tried using the offtopic forum to up my count but they don't count so I had to split my question up.

thanks
    08-30-08 12:52 PM
    I'm out of this one, I'm done.

It would be better to post all of your questions in one post for us to help you.

However, a few posts back (the most recent from when I refreshed my browser) you said you didn't want a BB email address because the email needs to come from your address. The BB email only acts as an intermediary, no one would ever know that you were sending from a BB unless you used a signature to show that.
    08-30-08 12:55 PM
    sorted the post out now, thanks, and thanks for the reply regarding the 'from' address. I had not realised that.

Is it easy to set up multiple from addresses?

I'm out of this one, I'm done.

It would be better to post all of your questions in one post for us to help you.

However, a few posts back (the most recent from when I refreshed my browser) you said you didn't want a BB email address because the email needs to come from your address. The BB email only acts as an intermediary, no one would ever know that you were sending from a BB unless you used a signature to show that.
    08-30-08 01:02 PM
    Please post everything in one post and don't split it just to up your post count. Just common courtesy to those your looking for anwsers from. Your probably going to need to subscribe to a hoster BES server to get the full syncing that you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 01:19 PM
    Please post everything in one post and don't split it just to up your post count. Just common courtesy to those your looking for anwsers from. Your probably going to need to subscribe to a hoster BES server to get the full syncing that you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can you recommend such a service?
    08-30-08 04:00 PM
    I haven't used any yet, still trying to live with the limits of BIS.
    08-30-08 08:17 PM
    ok, thanks
    08-30-08 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";