blackberry 10 should have a double tap on screen to unlock a bit like swipe up to unlock it would be really cool and convenient! let's get this out to blackberry software developers!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:00 AM
    Hmm why? Swiping up is the way to go

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-01-14 03:37 AM
    Sorry, but we're not LG.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    cosmotzr likes this.
    08-01-14 03:41 AM
    It's an android feature for unlocking the phone, I think. Not just the LG phones

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:56 AM
    WinPhone uses the double tap too.
    JBB
    08-01-14 04:07 AM
    Swipe up is easy, cool enough and we already get used with it.
    Why would we want a new way to unlock?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 04:11 AM
    Swipe up is easy, cool enough and we already get used with it.
    Why would we want a new way to unlock?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has already changed many features to bb10 since 10.0 that we were use to (call screen, camera in 10.3 just to name two). I'd love to see a double tap to unlock or wake up the phone.
    08-01-14 05:53 AM
    Not an andrpid feature, nokia n9 had it first and i loved it. Swiping up is ok, double tap is way better, have to agree
    08-01-14 06:01 AM
    I don't want a double tap.

We can't keep copying other features from other phones and then try and tout like we're unique. Double tap works for LG. That's good for them. Swiping makes the BB10 experience. I say we keep it that way.
    08-01-14 06:05 AM
    There are many many more important things to focus on than adding options on how to unlock the phone. Swipe up is no better or worst than double tap. I don't see this as a useful feature request sorry op
    spikesolie and Vuneu like this.
    08-01-14 01:29 PM
    Double tap if you want the cool your doing it wrong animation. Otherwise swipe up!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 01:37 PM
    There are many many more important things to focus on than adding options on how to unlock the phone. Swipe up is no better or worst than double tap. I don't see this as a useful feature request sorry op
    Every features whether its big or small, will be nice to have. I do like the double tab or something new to unlock the phone just to have some enjoyment out of it.
    08-01-14 01:54 PM
    I don't care...double tap or swipe...but pick one and stick with it! Some of us old guys don't care for change every other week.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    08-01-14 04:51 PM
    Every features whether its big or small, will be nice to have. I do like the double tab or something new to unlock the phone just to have some enjoyment out of it.
    Think about it though BB doesn't have the resources (heavy cash flow or abundance of staff after cuts) to deal with with non issues and minor tweaks. This is make it or break it right now on hw.

Make sure major features like blend, BB link, bugs in os, camera, bb7 features, active frames overhaul.. Etc, are implemented before tweaking things like this.

Even lesser things like bbm channels and intelligent assistant, or unifying the flat icons and UI should be prioritized.

Besides this is something no other OS has which differentiates them.. And many such as myself actually like swipe to unlock better.
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-01-14 10:50 PM
    Think about it though BB doesn't have the resources (heavy cash flow or abundance of staff after cuts) to deal with with non issues and minor tweaks. This is make it or break it right now on hw.

Make sure major features like blend, BB link, bugs in os, camera, bb7 features, active frames overhaul.. Etc, are implemented before tweaking things like this.

Even lesser things like bbm channels and intelligent assistant, or unifying the flat icons and UI should be prioritized.

Besides this is something no other OS has which differentiates them.. And many such as myself actually like swipe to unlock better.
    Do you really think implementing double tab to unlock takes that much resources to get it done ? Yes, many including yourself likes swiping to unlock better while others would prefer some thing else. The more options the better. Being different isn't always good. Some people don't want to change. But if they know other product that has some familiar feature as other products they're used too, they can adopt to something new, and yet, use the same features they enjoyed with their previous products.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 12:22 AM
    Do you really think implementing double tab to unlock takes that much resources to get it done ? Yes, many including yourself likes swiping to unlock better while others would prefer some thing else. The more options the better. Being different isn't always good. Some people don't want to change. But if they know other product that has some familiar feature as other products they're used too, they can adopt to something new, and yet, use the same features they enjoyed with their previous products.

Posted via CB10
    Problem is nothing is wrong with swipe to unlock infact ios uses it. It's not anymore inefficient than double tapping. By your logic, every option should be open. Swiping up to minimize should also be double tapping. If every feature the minority request (Just because you find it fun) is catered to, with minimal resources, we won't get anywhere. You'd think it's easy to code but it's not. Once you change something you have to go over majority of the os and make sure it didn't create a bug somewhere else

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-02-14 01:14 AM
    Problem is nothing is wrong with swipe to unlock infact ios uses it. It's not anymore inefficient than double tapping. By your logic, every option should be open. Swiping up to minimize should also be double tapping. If every feature the minority request (Just because you find it fun) is catered to, with minimal resources, we won't get anywhere. You'd think it's easy to code but it's not. Once you change something you have to go over majority of the os and make sure it didn't create a bug somewhere else

Posted via CB10
    If it's familiar with potential customers out there willing to switch, then why not?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:39 AM
    Why would I want to double tap my phone?
    It's not a zombie. Or is it?
    JeepBB and DarkJoker33 like this.
    08-02-14 02:10 AM
    If it's familiar with potential customers out there willing to switch, then why not?

Posted via CB10
    More people are familiar with ios so? Infact lots of android use swiping as well. It's not the hardest concept. The phone itself shows the arrow to swipe up.

It's not some new industry concept that we can say "customers willing to switch familiarity ".. Sony, Samsung, nexus, apple all use swiping I think

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 09:14 AM
    I don't care...double tap or swipe...but pick one and stick with it! Some of us old guys don't care for change every other week.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    Absolutely. I crack up every time when generation Snapchat is thinking about changing every function every week, so they can PUMP UP and making a "selfie" at Facebook with a duckface for coming up with solutions for saving the world problems like "swipe to unlock" for us BlackBerry users.

Us old timers trust BlackBerry here a lot. Now make a selfie or buy an iPhone if you need a swipe to unlock.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 09:18 AM
    I like my swipe to unlock. Makes it a bit harder for people to unlock it since they're always looking for a button. On top of that my picture password confuses them lol.

Z10 leaked
    08-02-14 09:19 AM
    I myself hate swipe to unlock. It constantly unlocks in your pocket and murders the battery. Its the first thing I tell someone to turn off when they complain about battery problems.
    08-02-14 02:14 PM
    I myself hate swipe to unlock. It constantly unlocks in your pocket and murders the battery. Its the first thing I tell someone to turn off when they complain about battery problems.
    Kinda like the "Always Listening" feature you can turn on with Android. It's nice that I can search from the standby state, but hate the added battery consumption.

Just when everybody is happy that they can get 2 or 3 days out of a battery, extra features are added because it's an industry expectation that most users plug in every evening when they go to bed. Myself personally, at least twice a week I will initially panic when wake up only to realize that I didn't plug in before going to bed. But then relieved when I see enough battery power to last another day. And while I was always satisfied with a one day charge, I'd rather not go back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    08-02-14 02:27 PM
    This isn't Android where you can customize nearly every aspect of the OS to our liking. Unfortunately we have to like whatever the developers decided on.
    08-02-14 02:52 PM
    It's an android feature for unlocking the phone, I think. Not just the LG phones

Posted via CB10
    Yes and is no where near as good. My Z2 has it and it really does sick in comparison.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-02-14 02:55 PM
33 12