SO my Bold 9780 got soaked and the flash light was on continuously when I found it. No LED or screen fucntions.

Took phone apart and tried the rice trick.

Is there any hope at all?
    09-03-11 11:29 PM
    SO my Bold 9780 got soaked and the flash light was on continuously when I found it. No LED or screen fucntions.

Took phone apart and tried the rice trick.

Is there any hope at all?
    I have had a few devices get wet and stop working only to start working again without issue, but they only had "Water" damage. I dont think it would have as good an outcome with any other type of liquid. Maybe I just got lucky i dont know.
    09-03-11 11:34 PM
    Give this man a 9900, STAT! LOL, jk. I really hope it works out. I think there is some hope because it has worked before but I wouldn't put my money on it. Expect some buttons to stop working...

09-03-11 11:35 PM
    Probably not. The fact that the flashlight was on when you found it is enough proof that the water obviously was routing current where it shouldnt have been. The fact that the screen is dead proves it is most likely toast. Although I have been wrong n the past, I hope it does spring back to life for your sake, but its doubtful. Good Luck!
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-03-11 11:36 PM
    Well it has only been a day. The screen is clear of water and im not finding anymore moisture seeping from the phone.

I just didnt understand why the flash light was staying on before I pulled the battery and took it apart.

Im worried its fried. I just bought it 3 months ago. And I never get insurance. Wouldnt cover water damage anyway.
    09-03-11 11:38 PM
    ha ha....Im a girl and I wish I could afford the new Bold, but its like $600.00.
    09-03-11 11:39 PM
    Wouldnt cover water damage anyway.
    I have Sprint and they DO cover water damage, I have had several devices replaced under insurance for water damge claims. Pay the deductable and the next day we have a replacement. Good Luck.
    09-03-11 11:41 PM
    ha ha....Im a girl and I wish I could afford the new Bold, but its like $600.00.
    I am not sure what being a "Girl" has to do with it.....just saying
    09-03-11 11:42 PM
    Chief said...."Give this man" in his post above.
    09-03-11 11:47 PM
    Chief said...."Give this man" in his post above.
    ahhh, I see it now. lol
    09-03-11 11:49 PM
    Know of any place to get cheap Berry's besides Ebay?
    09-03-11 11:52 PM
    Know of any place to get cheap Berry's besides Ebay?
    Marketplace here on CrackBerry or Craigslist
    09-03-11 11:53 PM
    I have gotten a few really good devices off Craigslist. Just make sure you take someone with ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 11:57 PM
    Thanks! I found this site just now called Wireless King at Cellstores.com and I can replace my exact phone for $49.99 without any contract upgrades> Its asking me if I want to keep my existing contract with TMobile; which I do, but then proceeds to ask me if I want to pay for unlimited messaging and text etc...
    I already have these options with my existing plan...

So confused.

Oh I wish this water incident never happened. I am so sad over it.
    09-04-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD