So, first let me state that I was a big user of Blackberry up-until 4 months ago. I loved the old style. The 9900 is one of my favorite devices ever.

However that is not why I am posting, about 3-4 years ago I got banned from this forum (under another user name obviously) because I posted the truth about Blackberry and what other carriers were considering. I got banned because I was a "troll"...I worked for T-Mobile and I said that in a meeting where were told that T-Mobile was going to stop carrying Blackberry devices eventually...and that all carriers would be following suit. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc would also be following this trend and Blackberry would be going under and no one would support them eventually. I kept getting the "QNIX will SAVE BB" and "Just wait till BB10 launches" replies...I knew it wouldn't work...mostly because lack of apps that the real consumer cares about.

Fast forward to now...what I said is pretty much true. T-Mobile is trying to get customers to trade in their outdated devices and switch to something up-to-date. (This is something I also had to do because my 9900 ended up dying finally, and now I use a iPhone.) Walmart in store doesn't carry Blackberry. Target is the same. Best Buy Mobile also the same, well in this area...not sure about the West Coast.

Blackberry stock is continuously dropping, they lack innovation, and their Q/Z devices are not getting picked up by consumers. Even the government is dropping the use of Blackberry. Not something I agree with at-all mind you. I wish that Blackberry could come back, as their physical keyboard is the best, except the Q10. Even the on screen keyboard of the Z10 was pretty nice and the only touch screen keyboard I could use, besides the iPhone keyboard.

I don't see Blackberry coming back, especially with so many people dropping them. Yes I know, now with 10.2...Blackberry kind of can get the apps that everyone uses...but it is just too late. I don't see BBM being something that will keep the company around longer than a few more years...especially with all the other options out there. Eventually Blackberry will die, BBM will be sold, and hopefully their technology for BIS/BES will get sold to the right company.

I just wanted to say that I feel like I got banned from here for no reason, except stating the truth...yes it was 3-4 years ago, but I still frequent the site and decided I wanted to chime in after seeing the Blackberry Stocks on the main page. I'm not just some iPhone fanboy and I also hate Android. I'm just a recently ex-BB user that wanted to voice a unbiased opinion.

Not sure if this is in the correct Forum area, so feel free to move it and also if a Mod would like to PM about getting my old account un-banned I would appreciate it.
    03-19-14 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the story. As you can see, BlackBerry is still here, though.

*Settles in for the show.*
    03-19-14 12:28 PM
    Agreed with hamster. BlackBerry is far from over, and while things may look a little bleak, I'm really REALLY hoping that John Chen can right BlackBerry's course and lead the way for new things to come.
    theRock1975 and jakie55 like this.
    03-19-14 12:32 PM
    Thanks for your opinion. Are you trying to save us all from BlackBerry? Don't get your post.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 12:34 PM
    They are barely still here. I love BlackBerry but the reality is that they have to do something amazing to turn their fortune around.

Three years ago almost everyone in my extended social circle had a BlackBerry. Today, most have Iphones or Samsungs and my BBM contact list is shrinking everyday.

BlackBerry today is where Nokia was ten years ago. Nokia had the cool phones. Who uses a Nokia today?

Posted using my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    03-19-14 12:37 PM
    Is the stock "continuously" dropping, or did you start this post months ago?
    03-19-14 12:38 PM
    Please do a favor to all of us and get Z30 and you might change your opinion. Battle lost does not mean the war will be lost too.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 12:38 PM
    Blackberry Story-coolstorybrohouse.jpg

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    GeekzForever likes this.
    03-19-14 12:39 PM
    Please do a favor to all of us and get Z30 and you might change your opinion. Battle lost does not mean the war will be lost too.

Posted via CB10

Used the Z10, I didn't really see the need to really try the Z30 as I don't like big screens. The Z10 worked well and I liked it, except the lack of apps and lack of BES through my company...which is why I stayed with my 9900.

Not hating on Blackberry, except that they are going to end up like Nokia as stated in the comments.
    03-19-14 12:42 PM
    Thanks for the story. As you can see, BlackBerry is still here, though.

*Settles in for the show.*
    Blackberry is still here and so is he!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 12:45 PM
    Why do people always say "it's too late"? It's too late for what exactly? If BB is content on being number 3 or 4, what is exactly too late? If they decide to focus on corporate phones, then what is too late? They have their user base and if they turn around and start making profits, then they are on the right track. That is what they are trying to do and I believe they can do it. BB and WP may never be number 1 or 2, but they are definitely not late to the party. It wasn't long ago when they once owned the party.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-19-14 12:46 PM
    What's the point of this post? You said that you have moved on additionally to an iphone, I say enjoy your choice and move on, unless your intent is to revert to what got you banned in the first place. My suggestion would be seeing that BlackBerry lacks innovation according to you and is dead according to you. I say move on. Enjoy your iPhone and leave BlackBerry users here to struggle with their inferior devices( according to you) in peace .

Posted via CB10
    Jerale likes this.
    03-19-14 12:46 PM
    Thanks for warning us OP. Selling my Z30 right now!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-19-14 12:51 PM
    Some parts of what you say have truth. However, much of what you have said is skewed and leaves out the positives.

1. BlackBerry stock is actually RISING. Be sure to check your favourite stock websites on the 28th

2. BlackBerry has lost very few government agencies, the media only reports the losses, not the wins

3. BB10 has had some struggles, but is slowly gaining traction. However, BlackBerry does not need to be the leading OEM to make money. BB10 is part of the end-to-end solution.

Not to be critical, but you need to form your own opinion and understanding of what is going on, and not base it on hearsay. The media is misleading the public by selectively posting only negative articles.
    Listen to Chen speak, and do some research on numbers and you will understand that the money that was once made from hardware is quickly becoming a thing of the past. BlackBerry has actually accepted that and moved on to the next step, which is ways of interacting with your smartphone (MDM, M2M, apps, etc)

Unfortunate that you were banned, but I can understand it if you made your case seem like an attack, as you have here. Especially with only selective "facts".
    Genghis2k3 and Jerale like this.
    03-19-14 12:51 PM
    @frosty...Was it their plan to drop to 3rd or 4th after owning the party?

BlackBerry messed up. Consumers prefer other devices. Corporations and governments are switching too.

Blackberry needs to be very careful or it will become "too late". I hope it doesn't get to that as I do believe BlackBerry has some of the best devices out there.

Posted using my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    03-19-14 12:55 PM
    Why do people always say "it's too late"? It's too late for what exactly? If BB is content on being number 3 or 4, what is exactly too late? If they decide to focus on corporate phones, then what is too late? They have their user base and if they turn around and start making profits, then they are on the right track. That is what they are trying to do and I believe they can do it. BB and WP may never be number 1 or 2, but they are definitely not late to the party. It wasn't long ago when they once owned the party.
    The only issue is that their corporate partners and consumer base is also dwindling...if even the US Government is dropping them I'd say that is a end of days sign. They were very "late to the party" when it comes to App development, or even getting apps from Android onto the phones. This was something that should have been EASILY do-able right from the launch of the Z10.

To clarify the point of this post was just to tell the story of what had happened, and what i said was true. Which if the whole post was read this would not have been needed to be asked, as it is at the end of my post. I also said I still frequent the site and read up on things, even though I am not currently using a BB device.
    JesseBabe23 and Jerale like this.
    03-19-14 12:56 PM
    Blah blah blah. Your statement might have been relevant last year but things have changed since then. There's a new CEO, a new executive team, new strategy, and new products on the way. BlackBerry has outsourced hardware to Foxconn (Jakarta facility) and have two products releasing one for entry level ($100- $200), one for classic BlackBerry users, and one high end device releasing by this September. BlackBerry is still very much alive. If the strategy fails then you can make your claim. Only reason for all these carriers dropping BlackBerry is to sell Apple inventory (which we have seen through T-Mobile) obviously before the release of the iPhone 6 but it turns out Apple is paying out bonds. BlackBerry has already sent about 3 letters saying that they aren't dead and all you people keep saying is that they are. Believe what you want but BlackBerry is still here and the tables have turned. They won't be profitable until next year so for now sit back and enjoy the ride.