I searched for an answer for about an hour on this one. I am going to Italy for 6 months and want my blackberry to work (bbm, data, email, etc). I dont really care about voice or sms. However, talked to the VZW people and they said the only plan they could offer me was the 69.99 plan a month. The rep was real nice and offered to unlock my phone. I saw a thread on here to get a pre-paid card once over there but I would rather get it sorted out before leaving. Does anyone have any experience with this or should I stomach the VZW plan? Also, I would like to tether on a MAC because my place of residence does not have internet. Also if I get the VZW plan, could I tether internationally in Rome?

Thanks for the help!
    12-09-08 10:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I will leave the confirmation answers to the World Edition users, they have a similar all carrier configuration.

You can buy a SIM card in Europe for your local telephone use. Some may offer data with the card, that is your connection back to BIS and messages.

If you plan on tethering it while in Rome, you will get the rates that the local carriers is charging.
    12-09-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD