Hi all.

I had blackberries for quite some time, currently Strom (1).
    Well, I just upgraded to HTC incredible (still not activated, just over WiFi) and my 4yr old LOVES the coloring, balloon popping and some other kido activities. Coloring book is the best!
    Since my Strom will be going off line soon and does not have WiFi (crap! I wish I thought of that!) I was hoping to find some like apps for her and keep it for movie watching and drawing/painting.
    Googling drawing, coloring, finger painting, kids, child gave me almost nothing useful.. There are few apps like StormSketch and tonePad, bubbleWrap, but say spinPen is way to advanced, and in general I found nothing good for drawing or coloring that would be simple enough for her and as enjoyable as the Android apps. Music, like drums, keyboards too - I got few but very poor and not exciting...

Any suggestions anyone? It would be such a waste to leave this phone "idle" if I could possibly use it for her entertainment. Paid apps r an option, but obviously being a cheap dad I'd rather go free

I would sure appreciate some good suggestion - thx a big bunch
    06-27-10 03:06 PM
    I remember a kids app that will pop up a random shape/letter when you clicked on the screen (the kb version popped up the letter and said it's name). it also had a childlock feature to prevent the kid from deleting files etc. i forget the name
    06-27-10 03:37 PM
    Hmm.. I was sure I posted but I guess it either did not go or went not where I meant to post it...
    Anyhow - apps that so far I got and kids used/liked - since I asked the question it's only fair to show what I got
    Stormsketch
    tonePad
    CoinToss
    CrackBerrySmash
    Lights Out
    ColorFill!
    MakeAMessBlackberry
    StormPiano
    I Love Colors
    BubbleWrap
    Labyrinth
    I had some more like BerryTesla, Wippah and few more that they did not care for much...

I am playing with "emergency Lock" to prevent calls, but no luck in understanding how the app works so far....
    And yes, my kids did call 911 from inactive phones before!
    06-30-10 12:53 PM
    storm 1, use it as a paper weight or sell it. you'll never be able to remove that annoying emergency lock. unless you want your kid dialing 911 all the time i'd sell it or paper weight it
    07-01-10 02:15 PM
    Good luck with Emergancy Lock

if you can't get it to work, then sell the phone, since I don't think even editing the default permissions on the phone "app" would work
    07-01-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD