I picked up the Jawbone2 over the weekend. It was 129.99 but with my company discount I got it for 97.xx at the verizon store. I think I paid about 20 bucks more than what I could have gotten online but it's okay. I had a tough choice between the blueant v1 and this particular unit. I decided to go with the Jawbone2 as they sell it at verizon and I get a discount.

Open box: The Jawbone 2 comes in a nice plastic box and comes with 2 different size ear pieces, 3 different size ear hooks (leather and non leather) and a magnetic charger.

Looks: I picked this one becuase of its professional appearance (I got the black one). Yes, the blueant is smaller but I believe this one has a bit more of a stylish appeal. I love the 3D diamond pattern it has as well as the hidden LED that blinks white not blue. It is about half the weight of it's older brother (the original jawbone) and is about half the size.

Setup: Setup was a breeze. The first time you turn it on it goes straight into pairing mode. The Storm had no problems picking it up. Charging the unit is also very quick. You get around 4 hours of talk time because of it's smaller form (which went down from 6 hours from the original version) and about 8 hours of claimed standby time. A full charge takes under an hour (per users manual) and it seems to hold true.

Usage: The controls are a bit funky as you can't see any physical buttons on the unit. there's a "noise assasin" button on the back and a answer/end call button in the middle area, both of which are not visible. I won't go too much into detail on the controls as I'll just be repeating what the users manual states.

Calls: I called a bunch of different friends, my gf, my mom and my sister. I had no serious complaints except from one of my friends (and he's anal). Most everyone said that the voice quality was clear and they could understand me with no issues. My friend who complained said that it sounded a tad muffled but was no big deal. I drove home with the windows down and music blasting on the hwy doing about 65mph and all my gf could hear was some static but said that she could hear my voice clearly over it.

Conclusion: Great unit. I would recommend this to anyone.
    02-09-09 08:38 AM
    I have been thinking about the Jawbone 2.

Thanks for the review!
    02-09-09 08:42 AM
    Which is better in your person opinion, the Jawbone 1 or Jawbone 2? I can't decide between thoose two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 08:53 AM
    Jawbone 2 is nice................
    I have it as well; noise reduction u cant beat the Jawbone2.
    Only one that I say is above the Jawbone is the Blueant xv1 the silver one.
    But with that one u cannot use voice activation u have to use the speed dials
    built in...........
    Believe me I know I have a plethera of bt head sets
    02-09-09 08:56 AM
    I love my Jawbone 2, I just hate the ear buds on it. I know they have come out with new ones but they look just like the Samsung WEP200 ear buds and those sucked! I miss the Jawbone 1 ear buds.

Tho I can't complain as I got the JB2 free.
    02-09-09 09:00 AM
    Which is better in your person opinion, the Jawbone 1 or Jawbone 2? I can't decide between thoose two.

Some people like the jawbone 1 over the 2. I prefer the 2 just becuase of size and weight. JB2 is also supposed to have "better" noise reduction technology.
    02-09-09 09:04 AM
    on my jawbone 1- i put on a foam thing from a old pair of headphone (rubber Cemented it on the ear plastic thing) makes it fit better on my ear (almost never comes out now)
    02-09-09 09:07 AM
    The New Jawbone works well. However, the button designs suck; it was simply a case of form over function for Aliph. If you keep your headset in your pants pocket, you'll be turning the unit off all the time. Also, the button commands are not intuitive and rather complicated. And, like others have said, ear fitting issues exist for some users.

I much prefer the Jabra JX10.
    02-09-09 09:44 AM
    Terrible EARPIECE inserts!!!
    02-09-09 09:50 AM
    The New Jawbone works well. However, the button designs suck; it was simply a case of form over function for Aliph. If you keep your headset in your pants pocket, you'll be turning the unit off all the time. Also, the button commands are not intuitive and rather complicated. And, like others have said, ear fitting issues exist for some users.

I much prefer the Jabra JX10.
    Agreed, but all in all this headset is great. the controls may kind of suck but it does everything I need it to do and the noise cancellation technology is really good.
    02-09-09 10:07 AM
    Free Earbuds - The included earpieces did not fit my ear well. If you check the Jawbone site you'll notice they are giving away a set of alternate ear pieces. I didn't receive mine yet, but I'm hoping they will fit better. You just have to pay shipping.

Voice-Dialing Issue - I did notice that (at least with the original firmware on the Storm) that there seems to be a problem with the voice-dialing feature; If I used this feature with my Jawbone 2, it works one or two times, but then the phone locks up in such a way that the microphone is disabled. It became useless for speaking on the phone. Has anyone else noticed problems with voice-dialing?

No Hard-case - My biggest irk with the Jawbone is that it I haven't been able to find a good hard case for it;
    • It turns on all the time in my bag when I don't want it to. My solution to this has been to disable the automatic pairing or whatever so it prompts me from the phone when it turns on in my bag and tries to connect, but that can still be a pain because it will continue to try to connect repeatedly when it is on until you turn the Jawbone 2 off. If anyone found a good case, please share about where to purchase it.
    • The ear-wire thingy breaks fairly easily; I detach the ear-wire from the body of the Jawbone 2 when I store it in my bag because I've already had one break near where it attaches to the body.
    02-09-09 10:09 AM
    I have seen several people mention that buying the $5 pack of Jabra soft gel ear buds fixes any fitment issues for the jawbone 2. This is also the route I'll be going as soon as I buy my jawbone 2.

02-09-09 10:14 AM
    All I have ever used was the Jawbone 2 and i absolutely love it! It works better with my storm than it did with my curve and thats a big accomplishment... LOL!
    02-09-09 10:19 AM
    Free Earbuds - The included earpieces did not fit my ear well. If you check the Jawbone site you'll notice they are giving away a set of alternate ear pieces. I didn't receive mine yet, but I'm hoping they will fit better. You just have to pay shipping.

Voice-Dialing Issue - I did notice that (at least with the original firmware on the Storm) that there seems to be a problem with the voice-dialing feature; If I used this feature with my Jawbone 2, it works one or two times, but then the phone locks up in such a way that the microphone is disabled. It became useless for speaking on the phone. Has anyone else noticed problems with voice-dialing?

No Hard-case - My biggest irk with the Jawbone is that it I haven't been able to find a good hard case for it;
    • It turns on all the time in my bag when I don't want it to. My solution to this has been to disable the automatic pairing or whatever so it prompts me from the phone when it turns on in my bag and tries to connect, but that can still be a pain because it will continue to try to connect repeatedly when it is on until you turn the Jawbone 2 off. If anyone found a good case, please share about where to purchase it.
    • The ear-wire thingy breaks fairly easily; I detach the ear-wire from the body of the Jawbone 2 when I store it in my bag because I've already had one break near where it attaches to the body.
    I've had no issues with voice dialing. I used it all day yesterday and today.
    02-09-09 10:20 AM
    On sale for $65 out the door at BUydig.com
    I picked up the Jawbone2 over the weekend. It was 129.99 but with my company discount I got it for 97.xx at the verizon store. I think I paid about 20 bucks more than what I could have gotten online but it's okay. I had a tough choice between the blueant v1 and this particular unit. I decided to go with the Jawbone2 as they sell it at verizon and I get a discount.

Open box: The Jawbone 2 comes in a nice plastic box and comes with 2 different size ear pieces, 3 different size ear hooks (leather and non leather) and a magnetic charger.

Looks: I picked this one becuase of its professional appearance (I got the black one). Yes, the blueant is smaller but I believe this one has a bit more of a stylish appeal. I love the 3D diamond pattern it has as well as the hidden LED that blinks white not blue. It is about half the weight of it's older brother (the original jawbone) and is about half the size.

Setup: Setup was a breeze. The first time you turn it on it goes straight into pairing mode. The Storm had no problems picking it up. Charging the unit is also very quick. You get around 4 hours of talk time because of it's smaller form (which went down from 6 hours from the original version) and about 8 hours of claimed standby time. A full charge takes under an hour (per users manual) and it seems to hold true.

Usage: The controls are a bit funky as you can't see any physical buttons on the unit. there's a "noise assasin" button on the back and a answer/end call button in the middle area, both of which are not visible. I won't go too much into detail on the controls as I'll just be repeating what the users manual states.

Calls: I called a bunch of different friends, my gf, my mom and my sister. I had no serious complaints except from one of my friends (and he's anal). Most everyone said that the voice quality was clear and they could understand me with no issues. My friend who complained said that it sounded a tad muffled but was no big deal. I drove home with the windows down and music blasting on the hwy doing about 65mph and all my gf could hear was some static but said that she could hear my voice clearly over it.

Conclusion: Great unit. I would recommend this to anyone.
    02-09-09 10:23 AM
    thanks for the update, i was oddly about to order mine, but I may wait hold off till i read more.

anyone looking to buy a jawbone 2..look on ebay or at least look around. they are only $75 with free shipping there.
    02-09-09 10:25 AM
    Just placed my order for these. Paid the 2.99 shipping.
    02-09-09 10:28 AM
    I have the Jawbone II and I hated the earbuds.. Worst ever and I have an odd shaped ears so I went here

Custom Molded Earpieces from AverySound.com

I ordered a kit and they sent me a mold to make of my ear... I sent it back and told them what it was for.. they made me a perfect mold to my ear.. I love it. It was pricey but well worth the money. You can make them for anything in almost any color too. I made it in black and it fits so perfect, I can shake my head til it hurts and it absolutely will not fall out at all. You guys really need to check this out!
    02-09-09 10:28 AM
    I've tried the Z9i (just like the V1 minus voice control) and the jawbone 2.

Build quality the jawbone 2 hands down. the z9i felt and looked cheap compared to the jawbone.

Sound quality in a quiet room was just the same, but when you introduce background noise the Z9i noise filter did not do well, where as the jawbone 2 worked GREAT!!!

however with the jawbone you have to make sure it fits correctly. The nub need to be touching your cheek when in use.

go to amazon and order a pair of the jabra ear gels:
    the make the jawbone fit nicely w/o the ear hooks
    02-09-09 10:32 AM
    I've tried the Z9i (just like the V1 minus voice control) and the jawbone 2.

Build quality the jawbone 2 hands down. the z9i felt and looked cheap compared to the jawbone.

Sound quality in a quiet room was just the same, but when you introduce background noise the Z9i noise filter did not do well, where as the jawbone 2 worked GREAT!!!

however with the jawbone you have to make sure it fits correctly. The nub need to be touching your cheek when in use.

go to amazon and order a pair of the jabra ear gels:
    the make the jawbone fit nicely w/o the ear hooks
    Agreed to this. I had both and got rid of the blueant. I also had the blueant speaker phone (not with storm tho) and I liked it but Jawbone II hands down
    02-09-09 10:36 AM
    This is expensive, but it is amazing. One of my coworkers got one, and he raved about it so much that I broke a buck and ordered one too! It is amazingly comfortable and really makes the earpiece LOUD!

Jawbone Bluetooth Custom Molded Earpiece from AverySound.com
    02-09-09 01:32 PM
    Plantronics 925 beat the J2 any and every day of the week. I cannot stand the fitment of the J2.
    02-09-09 01:38 PM
    JB@ is a great BT Headset - I have had various Plantronics models, Motorola's and Jabra - the Jaw Bone 2 is hands down the best with my Storm (running v4.7.085). I wouldn't waste your time with others.
    02-09-09 01:49 PM
    Been using Jawbone 2 with my Storm since day one, just before Christmas. Works great. No complaints. I too, use the Jabra earpiece.
    02-09-09 01:56 PM
    I bought my Jawbone before Christmas I tried to use it but the ear bud do not fit snuggly in my ear so it sits in my cup holder and I paid like 130.00 for this I am going to the jawbone site so I can see these earbuds you guys are talking about.
    02-09-09 02:02 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD