So after picking up my BB Storm on Friday 11/21, I tried to pair my original Jawbone 2 headset to the phone but could not get the device to recognize the headset. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the Storm and the Jawbone 2 headset?

Do we need to wait for the new OS update or any security patches to resolve this outstanding issue or is there something I'm missing here?
    11-24-08 12:09 PM
    I was able to pair them no problem... bad phone?
    11-24-08 12:16 PM
    Paired mine as well...no issues, works great
    11-24-08 12:17 PM
    I had paring issues with my BlueAnt Z9i.. Reboot the phone and make sure your jawbone is fully charged. After it pairs then you will not have to worry about full power on the headset... just at initial pairing. At least this was the case for me.
    11-24-08 12:21 PM
    Paired mine with no problems.
    11-24-08 12:37 PM
    Mine paired fine as well. So did the computer and Pioneer radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 12:47 PM
    Just did a battery pull on the phone and tried to repair it but no luck. It appears to be picking up other bluetooth devices here in my office except for my headset.

Any other ideas as far as resetting the phone or how to pair this thing with my headset?
    11-24-08 12:47 PM
    Did you hold both buttons for 3+ seconds? Then the light flash white / red when it's cleared and ready for pairing.
    11-24-08 12:52 PM
    Hm, if the Storm is picking up other Bluetooth Devices, the problem seems to be with the headset. Try what the others said: make sure the Jawbone is fully charged and you are holding the buttons correctly as Fred mentioned. Good luck!
    11-24-08 12:56 PM
    No problems pairing the Jawbone 2 headset here.
    11-24-08 01:06 PM
    I don't want to seem rude but is your jawbone 2 in pairing mode? I was able to pair my jawbone 2 no problems. Turn off jawbone the press both buttons led skould blink red and white.

11-24-08 01:15 PM
    Mine paired the first time
    11-24-08 01:29 PM
    There is specific directions on the verizon site. You have to hold both buttons down on the headset instead of one. Had the same problem and doing it that way worked for me. Hope that helps.

11-24-08 01:43 PM
    I don't want to seem rude but is your jawbone 2 in pairing mode? I was able to pair my jawbone 2 no problems. Turn off jawbone the press both buttons led skould blink red and white.

This is why I love forums. I had the same pairing problem until I read this post. I followed the instructions and it worked flawlessly. Thanks
    01-07-09 12:10 PM
    I paired my jawbone 2 to 3 different storms without any problems. Just make sure that your jawbone is in pairing mode.
    01-07-09 12:40 PM
    you have to reset it..It's married to another unit. you're not pressing the two buttons on the unit. To pair it hold down the center button and there is a button on the back of the unit until unit starts flashing. see pic..it's a bad drawing (shoot me).
    01-07-09 12:57 PM
    Like many others... no problems at all!
    01-07-09 12:59 PM
    When I got my new storm I couldn't get it to pair either. Themn I relized I didn't have it in pairing mode... Opps noob mistake :-)

01-07-09 01:05 PM
    Jawbone2 is a bit more difficult to pair (and it's not as easy to see that it's in pairing mode) than the previous version.

Also, it apparently doesn't use the 'newest' automatic pairing technology, in that you still have to hit "0000" on your BB to complete the pairing. (On some newer devices, this is automatic when you click on the "found device".)
    01-07-09 01:52 PM
    I had a problem with mine as well. It would pair with the jawbone but wouldn't stay connected. I wiped the handheld and reloaded the OS and it was fine.

01-07-09 03:53 PM
    I didnt have a problem but then again when i did my new device transfer wizard it just carried over the settings to the new phone and I didnt have to repair it
    01-07-09 03:56 PM
    is any one having a problem with the jawbone 2 and using speed dial #;s ??
    it works fine if i call from the contacts or dial pad but if i use speed dial have to manual connect to jawbone !!! help
    01-08-09 06:16 PM
    you have to reset it..It's married to another unit. you're not pressing the two buttons on the unit. To pair it hold down the center button and there is a button on the back of the unit until unit starts flashing. see pic..it's a bad drawing (shoot me).
    Thanks hudss. To be honest, I forgot the Jawbone 2 has TWO buttons!!!
    Lord, I truly am stupid...
    01-22-09 09:24 PM
    You gotta love all the "mine works" answers - totally worthless, just like the answers from your local tech support guys. The only thing they left out of their post was "MOVE!".

I looked on the Jawbone site, and whle they don't list the Storm, they do have other BBs. Bottom line: depends on your Jawbone; old or new.

From their site:

* For the Original Jawbone, press and hold down the Noise Shield button for at least three seconds until the LED Indicator Light flashes red.

* For the New Jawbone, press and hold down both the NoiseAssassin� Button and the Talk Button for at least three seconds until the LED Indicator Light flashes red and white alternately.

Happy trails!
    03-15-09 07:34 PM
    static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/Aliph-Jawbone2-QuickStartGuide.pdf

I found this great guide after a frustrating bout of attempting to pair my Jawbone II with my curve. This pdf actually has diagrams to show you where the heck all those little buttons are... Just copy/paste into your browser. Hope this helps!!
    08-13-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD