Okay, this is weird... A couple of months not even a year later a new BlackBerry Storm will be out in the market for VZW. As soon I was told by a friend of mine that a new Storm was coming out with Wi-Fi, I immediately searched Google and found this:

RIM BlackBerry Storm 2 due in September, has Wi-Fi

Verizon has given the green light for RIM to release the BlackBerry Storm 2 in September of this year, according to a confidential source of SlashGear.

The followup to the first touchscreen Blackberry has both big shoes to fill and a lot more to prove. Addressing one criticism, RIM�s new device will support Wi-Fi, SlashGear reports.

�We can say that we�ve no doubts regarding the veracity of their information,� SlashGear�s Steven Grady writes. �The source gave us their assurances that the Storm 2 would have WiFi, and would be an even better Pro-consumer device than the first Storm.�

Some other criticisms aired about the first Storm include a not-so-accurate touchscreen and an underpowered processor. The New York Times� David Pogue called the device �by far the worst product RIM has ever produced.�

Still, it�s no question that, if true, the BlackBerry Storm 2 represents RIM�s chance to make good on some of the promises it made (but, depending on who you ask, didn�t keep) with the first Storm � including the traditional GTD BlackBerry experience on a touchscreen device.

Moreover, as the competition heats up � Google Android and HTC on T-Mobile, Palm�s Pre on Sprint, the next iPhone on AT&T � Verizon could use another bump.

Then again, who knows � maybe RIM will see it fit to have a touchscreen and a keyboard. You never know.

-Courtesy of ZDNet
    04-10-09 08:10 AM
    the time frame is actually between September 2009 and early 2010.

I suspect the earliest we will see this device is mid-November.

If you're interested (and brave ) head down to the Storm forums, there are a couple of threads with more info about the "Storm 2"
    04-10-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD