I have an iphone right now that I am selling and cancelling my att contract. I wanna get a storm but I have heard alot of negs about them. I played with one at the verizon store and dug it. Should I get one...
    01-14-09 04:05 AM
    Depends on what you wants. A blackberry is always a blackberry. I understand that several bugs have been resolved with the new OS.
    Remember that the Storm 9520 (WiFi and 3G) is around the corner.
    What are you other options?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 10:00 AM
    The storm is hit and miss with different people, its all personal preference when it comes to this device

01-14-09 10:39 AM
    The storm is an "aquired taste" in my opinion. I used one in the store and didnt really care for it. However, a lot of folks love the thing. Advice: When playing with it, do something YOU would do, not, hey this is a cool thing......... In other words, DO something with it.
    01-14-09 10:51 AM
    Depends on what you wants. A blackberry is always a blackberry. I understand that several bugs have been resolved with the new OS.
    Remember that the Storm 9520 (WiFi and 3G) is around the corner.
    What are you other options?

So, what if I buy one now, and in a few months the new one comes out. How does that work?? Do I pay in full to upgrade or is it cheaper, or what happens...I need a phone in liek 2 weeks...
    01-14-09 09:32 PM
    Go to Verizon store.
    Try Storm.
    Decide if you want it more than your Iphone.
    Purchase Storm.

I have broken it down to it's most logical and simple steps.

And to answer your most recent question, most companies have a one month return policy. If you buy it now and 2 months down the road something new comes out that you like more, you will have to play full price for it.
    01-14-09 09:35 PM
    Trust me. You will love it!

01-14-09 11:23 PM
    One of my buddies has the storm and I played with it for a little bit and didn't like it. I'm not really a fan of touch screens at all and the motion sensor in the device didn't really work like I would expect from RIM. It seemed to lag a little.
    01-14-09 11:36 PM
    So, what if I buy one now, and in a few months the new one comes out. How does that work?? Do I pay in full to upgrade or is it cheaper, or what happens...I need a phone in liek 2 weeks...
    The 9520 is not going to be released to VZW it will be going to Rogers. Rogers is a GSM network and will not work on VZW's CDMA network. No worries just get the 9530 if you choose.
    01-14-09 11:41 PM
    I have an iphone right now that I am selling and cancelling my att contract. I wanna get a storm but I have heard alot of negs about them. I played with one at the verizon store and dug it. Should I get one...

I think the blackberry storm is worth to own.
    Because it's the RIM's first all-touchscreen keyboard-free smartphone
    and comes with the HTC Touch HD Screen, personally, it's really amazing.
    01-15-09 12:20 AM
    BUMP I like what I'm hearing...I want more opinions though!! just to make sure its well rounded ya know?
    01-15-09 01:56 AM
    The touch hd screen is a higher resolution. The storm screen resolution is similar to the iphone resolution wise

01-15-09 08:27 AM
    I love my Storm quirks and all. The software is getting better with each version. BUT as others have said the Storm is not for everyone. It also has a steep learning curve. I nearly returned mine during the 1st week, but I'm SO glad I kept it. I can type on it fairly fast now, and the screen, WOW I love the screen, movies look great on it.
    01-15-09 08:38 AM
    BUMP!! What do other people think?
    01-16-09 01:52 AM
    Also, if I were to buy a storm now and in 6 months they coem otu with a second version. How would I upgrade?? would I have to buy the phone completely or what how does it work?
    01-16-09 01:53 AM
    Also, if I were to buy a storm now and in 6 months they coem otu with a second version. How would I upgrade?? would I have to buy the phone completely or what how does it work?
    You would have to pay full retail, or add a line to your account to get discount pricing on the newer phone.
    01-16-09 02:40 AM
    Definitely hit or miss. Your best bet is to try it out, if it turns out you don't like it then just return it.

01-16-09 02:57 AM
    You should definitely give it a whirl. Try it out for a month and see if you like it. I had mine for over a month (holiday return policy) and just returned it on Tuesday. I bought a used Curve on ebay and am now waiting for Verizon's bold. It was sad giving it away, and I miss it, but in the end it just wasn't for me. I came from a Pearl prior and I'm in love with my Curve!

01-16-09 06:09 AM
    The Storm is my first BB and I love it. I have on occasion played with BB's owned by others and knew I wanted to get one. my NE2 was due so I got mine on launch day.
    01-16-09 06:30 AM
    Once you own a Storm your monthly bill should be over the 79.95 threshhold, thus making you eligible for an annual upgrade. You would get the 2 year price after 1 year for extending your contract, but not the NE2 discount.
    01-16-09 07:45 AM
    I,d waiting for a while until all the problems have been workrd out of the storm. If you send a lot of messages and email it is going to slow you down. Wait for the GSM verison because it will have wifi and the cdma storm does not.

01-16-09 08:37 AM
    I was also like you, had the iPhone and wanted to come back HOME to BB. I'm TEST DRIVING the Storm with VZW and I'm loving it! I felt like going from the iPhone to the Bold would be like a step backwards from the touch screen. I don't even mind so much no WiFi....even though my neighborhood has bad reception...that is my ONLY beef. In my office at work, I can now make calls! With my iPhone, no reception whatsoever.

In my opinion, you can't lose with either the Bold or the Storm.
    01-16-09 08:54 AM
    Well I hardly even used wifi on my iphone 3g. Im not even super big on web browsers on a phone...I jujst want a weel rounded, versitile phone that'll do what I need it to..good email is always cool, good gps which i've heard vz navigator is the ****! But the lack of wifi I could careless. I've also never owned a BB in my lfie, so this would be the first one..I'm prettyb excited. But it's either the BB storm or the LG dare.
    01-16-09 12:48 PM
    BUMP!! Time is coming close to me either getting the dare or storm. Let me know the opinions!! I will be purchasing around the first of february..
    01-17-09 06:08 AM
    BUMP anymore advice??? when is the next firmware update goin to be available..anyone have any idea?
    01-19-09 03:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD