In the most recent video podcast, they mentioned BlackBerry retail stores in key cities. They don't really clarify much else.

Do you guys think this is going to be something we'll see before the end of the year? Or do you think we'll see it a couple years from now when BlackBerry hopefully is better perceived by the public?

I'd love to see a small, exclusive boutique style NYC store. I used to admire the apple store for innovative ideas and creativity, now I feel it sucks. It's like walking into a best buy, which I hate.

But I like the idea of a smaller store with well trained employees to cater to the niche market that's BlackBerry.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-21-14 08:14 PM
    Economic suicide.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-14 08:15 PM
    Check this thread out
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=925206

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:16 PM
    Economic suicide.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    How so?

Are you saying that one store in NYC and one in LA would financially cripple them? That's all I'm suggesting.

I mean a small, 1000 square foot store maybe in the meatpacking district or financial district might help.
    04-21-14 09:01 PM
    BB used to have stores in many airports (Atlanta, Minneapolis, Philly, Charlotte, Newark, etc) and they had a stand alone store in Michigan at one point. Pretty sure they closed them all. They just didnt provide any worthwhile income for the cost to keep them open.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-14 11:00 PM
    Not until they are profitable and widen their market more directly towards consumers again.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:35 PM
    I would love to see little boutique type stores or kiosks, but that's because I'm a fan. The sad truth is most people would see the BlackBerry logo and keep walking.

Retail stores only make sense if there is a demand for the product. Apple products like the iPod and iPhone became popular before Apple started pushing their retail presence.

BB's money would be better spent on advertisiing and other areas right now.
    04-21-14 11:44 PM
    Blackberry has no product of interest to the developed world consumer. It's not even a matter of "Will they or will they not like it". Consumers show little interest for year old tech products like the Z10. When Blackberry actually has new, cutting edge products to showcase, then a store may make sense.
    04-21-14 11:57 PM
    There's a long way to go until something like that could make sense. Better invest in solid marketing.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 01:57 AM
    I would love to see little boutique type stores or kiosks, but that's because I'm a fan. The sad truth is most people would see the BlackBerry logo and keep walking.

Retail stores only make sense if there is a demand for the product. Apple products like the iPod and iPhone became popular before Apple started pushing their retail presence.

BB's money would be better spent on advertisiing and other areas right now.
    Blackberry has no product of interest to the developed world consumer. It's not even a matter of "Will they or will they not like it". Consumers show little interest for year old tech products like the Z10. When Blackberry actually has new, cutting edge products to showcase, then a store may make sense.

See that's the thing....it's not about BlackBerry having tech that is outdated...it's because no one really knows what current products BlackBerry has....people just think they are going bankrupt or are already ....so actually having a store dedicated for BlackBerry would make a lot of sense..people will start to realize what BlackBerry has to offer...instead of going to carrier retail stores where BlackBerry has no control of what people are saying.

The only way people will start to show interest in BlackBerry is if there are key places where consumers can walk in and test these products and most importantly a place where BlackBerry has full control of.

But I can only see this happening once BlackBerry starts to be profitable, because I really don't see BlackBerry having the money to do this atm.

Atm BlackBerry should start to advertise there products like crazy..but I honestly don't see why BlackBerry is not doing this..like common.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-22-14 02:09 AM
    There was a BlackBerry store in Oslo once but trigcom who was owner of store decided to close it. That was a sad day for many people here in Norway...

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-22-14 05:05 AM
    We actually had a Blackberry store in Farmington Hills Michigan which carried all of their products and accessories. I remember going there back in the day to look at the latest device that came out. I remember there was an article in all the local newspapers about the store when it first opened and about it being the first of its kind.

They had a staff who where knowledgeable about the products and even had a repair facility, I had a couple of keys and trackballs replaced there. Closed down a few years back and now is a cell phone store that sells iPhone accessories and Android devices, a sad end to a once iconic brand.
    04-22-14 05:50 AM
    I think there is a BlackBerry store in Dubai that is still open.
    04-22-14 06:37 AM
    Stores means consumer market which is not BlackBerry's primary target

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-22-14 06:42 AM
    I think there is a BlackBerry store in Dubai that is still open.
    If Dubai can have a store, so can NYC.
    04-22-14 07:51 AM
    not really. The demand just isnt here in the US at all. There is much more demand in countries not in NA
    04-22-14 12:12 PM
    See that's the thing....it's not about BlackBerry having tech that is outdated...it's because no one really knows what current products BlackBerry has....people just think they are going bankrupt or are already ....so actually having a store dedicated for BlackBerry would make a lot of sense..people will start to realize what BlackBerry has to offer...instead of going to carrier retail stores where BlackBerry has no control of what people are saying.

The only way people will start to show interest in BlackBerry is if there are key places where consumers can walk in and test these products and most importantly a place where BlackBerry has full control of.

But I can only see this happening once BlackBerry starts to be profitable, because I really don't see BlackBerry having the money to do this atm.

Atm BlackBerry should start to advertise there products like crazy..but I honestly don't see why BlackBerry is not doing this..like common.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck ask Chen about the steep learning curve

Unless a customer is hooked in 2 mins people will just walk out

Chen admitted it takes a few mins to get used to

If you frustrate potential customers in first 20 secs you lost them
    First lesson in customer service first impressions is in the first 20 secs

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-22-14 03:16 PM
    My dad is just visiting and I have a bb, he has an iphone. He got really really interested in BlackBerry specially in the Z30. He mentioned that he is surprised there are no BlackBerry stores. He then followed up saying "maybe they will just go out of business".

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 03:36 PM
    if they had a full suite of consumer products like cameras, tv's, computers etc then you should have a store to show how they all integrate in media consumption (like samsung and sony and some respects, Apple). But since Bb's business strategy is on business services technology, there is no point in having stores.
    04-22-14 03:42 PM
    Sony and Samsung are very focused on how to sell directly to consumers so they can bypass the carrier and gain more control over their destiny. We see more and more of their stores and more and more direct to consumer online business in our markets. It is a reality that this market will change over the next few years as it gets very mature and everyone that could potentially want a Smart phone has one. That is the day the music stops and alot of folks in this industry are concerned about what then. So while it may not be economically viable, BB does have to figure out this dynamic as well.
    04-22-14 03:43 PM
    if they had a full suite of consumer products like cameras, tv's, computers etc then you should have a store to show how they all integrate in media consumption (like samsung and sony and some respects, Apple). But since Bb's business strategy is on business services technology, there is no point in having stores.
    Understood but try to explain that to someone that has no idea of how good their products are and is a buying prospect.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 04:10 PM
    not really. The demand just isnt here in the US at all. There is much more demand in countries not in NA
    NYC is it's own country, and there's plenty of Crackberry heads here
    04-22-14 05:41 PM
    I personally think in BlackBerry's condition that stores would be a huge waste of money because of the lack of demand and BlackBerry's poor public perception. So few people would bring themselves to walk into that store, and even fewer would probably buy anything. If BlackBerry had some cash they could blow without any immediate consequences then stores would be a good way to let people know they're still out there, but they can't afford to lose money.
    04-22-14 08:49 PM