I ordered a Passport via the Blackberry store on black Friday to take advantage of the price. After doing so I went to the forums here at Crackberry and began to regret my spontaneous purchase immediately. The item was not the issue, the seller was. I read post after post of nightmare delivery and customer service scenarios.

Thankfully my fears were alleviated when I raised them in a thread and some CB members gave me the me the straight dope: Digital River isn't perfect but they do uphold their part of the bargain - maybe a little slower than a behemoth like Amazon but you get what you ordered.

Saturday I received my purchase confirmation, Monday my shipping information and this morning the fact it has been shipped and set to arrive Monday. Am I odd in thinking that this service is satisfactory given I ordered the Passport in a high volume/high stress business period without paying extra for expedited shipping?

None of the complaints I read about here aimed at shop.blackberry or Digital River that had me perplexed mentioned extra payment for expedited shipping or service; maybe I'm just old but I think six business days to fulfill the agreement is fine when I opted for 5 to 7 days shipping. I believe Shop.blackberry/Digital River are getting an unfair bad rep here at CB. Anyone agree?

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and alan510 like this.
    12-04-14 02:44 PM
    I pre-ordered my Red PP from shopBB a week ago instead opting for Amazon because I too acted in impulse. My order is expected to ship out starting this Sunday and I payed for Express shipment, so I am expecting a package sometime before Friday of next week... I've also seen my fair share of bad rapport that DR has received from disgruntled CB users/consumers, which has me anxious to see what will happen once my order actually does ship. I believe 6 days on a 5-7 day shipment is more than fair, and I also believe those people unhappy were one of the many that had a bad experience with DR. My theory is that they can't possibly mess up every single order they process, but my judgement should be taken with a grain of salt until my phone arrives lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by KGreater; 12-04-14 at 03:27 PM.
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-04-14 03:14 PM
    Agreed! I ordered a Q5 for my brother Oct 31 and it was received here in BC on Nov 2 - not bad. Then I ordered a passport for myself and it took 4 days - I didn't even have time to be excited about it before it arrived lol. Although apparently returning devices can be a nightmare.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:34 PM
    It took 12 day before they shipped my order and fed ex delivered it to Toronto in 20 hours. Plenty of stock on hand when I placed the order too.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:43 PM
    Ordered Z30 Nov. 27. Got confirmation email. Then got an email advising orders are delayed for a min of 5 days. That email was Dec. 1st. Day 7 here and no idea when it might be sent. I have faith I will get it and I like the product but it's not the fastest or most organized service IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:49 PM
    I've ordered my Z30 on November 24th, credit card got charged and order has been confirmed however I never received a shipping info and I am almost 2 weeks into this order. According to some users they paid 5$ for express shipping, while I paid 20$ for it.
    12-04-14 04:24 PM
    I ordered a Passport via the Blackberry store on black Friday to take advantage of the price. After doing so I went to the forums here at Crackberry and began to regret my spontaneous purchase immediately. The item was not the issue, the seller was. I read post after post of nightmare delivery and customer service scenarios.

Thankfully my fears were alleviated when I raised them in a thread and some CB members gave me the me the straight dope: Digital River isn't perfect but they do uphold their part of the bargain - maybe a little slower than a behemoth like Amazon but you get what you ordered.

Saturday I received my purchase confirmation, Monday my shipping information and this morning the fact it has been shipped and set to arrive Monday. Am I odd in thinking that this service is satisfactory given I ordered the Passport in a high volume/high stress business period without paying extra for expedited shipping?

None of the complaints I read about here aimed at shop.blackberry or Digital River that had me perplexed mentioned extra payment for expedited shipping or service; maybe I'm just old but I think six business days to fulfill the agreement is fine when I opted for 5 to 7 days shipping. I believe Shop.blackberry/Digital River are getting an unfair bad rep here at CB. Anyone agree?

Posted via CB10
    I am in the same boat. Ordered a passport and z30 on the 29th and 30th. Thought it would never get processed and shipped. It has shipped and one arrives on the 5th and the other on the 6th. That's a total of six days from order to delivery. I also ordered both on weekend days (non business hours)

Glad i did not have a nightmare experience like others

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:10 PM
    I have had great customer service from DR/shopblackberry. I ordered a Z10 for my mother a while ago without issue. Recently I ordered the Passport just a bit after launch and a coupon code was being used to purchase the device for $449.

I had already purchased the device and was charged the $599 price, but called and explained that I'm having second thoughts as I had to give up an unlimited data plan on Verizon and move to AT&T for the Passport. I let the customer service rep know that this coupon code was now being used on CB (when I talked to the rep the coupon code was already pulled). I told the rep that the coupon only worked on the Passport and the transition from Verizon and leaving my unlimited plan that I have had since switching to Verizon for the BlackBerry Storm was difficult and wasn't sure if the Passport would be enough for me to switch.

Rather than return the device, the rep offered to refund my credit card the amount of the coupon code that was being used here. That was on a Saturday, and with the complaints here I wasn't expecting anything to come of this, but that Monday I received an email that my credit card was refunded right around $150 for the Passport. Since then I ordered both a Z10 and Z30 from shopblackberry during the Black Friday sale for Xmas gifts.

All devices arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I'm currently breaking in the Z10 and Z30 before giving them up lol... my sister was given my Verizon Z30 and is loving it. My point is that I have ordered not only multiple devices from them, but some accessories as well and never an issue.

While shopblackberry was likely overloaded with orders due to the likelihood of unexpected high Passport demand, I do believe they tried their best to keep up. Also, those like myself are not going to post a thread about every purchase from shopblackberry if there was no issues. In fact, they were kind enough to refund a portion of my Passport and at that point how could I not keep it and make the switch to AT&T.

It is those that have problems that are the ones that will make threads complaining, not those that received quality customer service and delivery as expected. Unfortunately, with the Passport launch I just think that it was overwhelming as I doubt that they ship that much volume in such a short time. Add the Black Friday sale and it is easy to see why some had issues.

In the end, those that complained (for the most part) ended up getting the device they ordered for the price they ordered for. It just took some time for DR to sort out the orders. I'm likely going to be purchasing another Passport for myself as my mother has been waiting on AT&T to upgrade from her Z10 and I would love to be able to get her a Passport for Xmas and would have no hesitation in purchasing from shopblackberry at all. They have been very good to me and in turn, I continue to order from them.

For those that had delays, try to understand the situation. There is no way that they are used to doing the volume they did in November and are still in catch up mode. Between the Passport launch and the sale, I can understand why some may have had delays. Did anyone really expect the Passport to do so well to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and IamSuperMas like this.
    12-04-14 08:27 PM
    I had no issues at all ordering my black one. Got an email on Dec 1st saying there would be a 5 day delay on shipping on my white one. I'll see what happens in the next day or so.

Posted via One Very Cool Passport!
    12-04-14 08:38 PM
    The first order I placed was a couple weeks ago. The order went thru, and then didn't, some garbage about how they couldn't process my order for no apparent reason. They charged my account and then refunded it. (the day after, the wife decided we needed a puppy, so my Passport money went to that instead - which was ok because the sale went up for Black Friday)

I bought it thanksgiving day, and called them right after to make sure there were no complications this go round. They confirmed over the phone that the order will be shipped. I paid for two day shipping, and it shipped Friday, I picked it up Tuesday morning.

Even with the error on their behalf for the first order, their customer service was good. It would've been nice had they been able to provide an actual reason for the order cancellation, but they gave me back my money right away, and it worked out nicely since I later purchased it cheaper on the holiday sale. They processed and shipped my second order fairly quickly considering the holiday and weekend combo. In the end I'm left satisfied overall.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:35 AM
    I pre-ordered my Red PP from shopBB a week ago instead opting for Amazon because I too acted in impulse. My order is expected to ship out starting this Sunday and I payed for Express shipment, so I am expecting a package sometime before Friday of next week... I've also seen my fair share of bad rapport that DR has received from disgruntled CB users/consumers, which has me anxious to see what will happen once my order actually does ship. I believe 6 days on a 5-7 day shipment is more than fair, and I also believe those people unhappy were one of the many that had a bad experience with DR. My theory is that they can't possibly mess up every single order they process, but my judgement should be taken with a grain of salt until my phone arrives lol

Ordering through them is actually okay. I got my Z30 and black Passport from them. My Z30 came on time, and for my Passport, I ordered the day it launched and it was at my doorstep the next day by 10:15am.

But the RMA repair/exchange process with them is seriously the worst, so just hope that your Passport is perfect. I wasn't sure about the red Passport at first, or else I would have done what you did and ordered from Shop BlackBerry right away. So I ordered from Amazon on November 26 and it came on December 2.
    12-05-14 01:13 AM
    Based on my experience, I will not buy anything that Digital River is processing. Amazon's service is my preference.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 07:36 AM
    Part of the problem is Fedex, the base Fedex shipping is very erratic.
    12-05-14 08:14 AM
    Day 5 of the "delay shipping" I got a tracking number FINALLY, however it's still sitting in Indianapolis for some reason.... I suppose it beats nothing but nearly 2 weeks to ship out a product is ridiculous.
    highoctane74 likes this.
    12-05-14 08:49 AM
    Part of the problem is Fedex, the base Fedex shipping is very erratic.
    Absolutely, they do not use straight FedEx or UPS... the device ships through the postal service (USPS) with FedEx doing most of the leg work.

One of my orders I had called USPS which is a disaster stating they have nothing for me yet the mail man had the device in the vehicle and was delivered that day. In the meantime I had called FedEx and they were more than helpful, searching for the package to see if I could pick it up at whatever location it was at.

The post office was terrible. Tried calling back to get another person as I realized that the first didn't even ask for my information. I was trying to get my package before the holiday on a Tuesday. I forget the holiday, it was a Wednesday a few weeks before Thanksgiving and did not want to wait until Thursday. I was told even if it was sitting there I'd have to wait until Thursday by some terrible post office employee.

Anyway, if shopblackberry would change their delivery process this would also help. DR definitely is not on the same playing field as Amazon so if what you want is on Amazon then that would be the safer route for those concerned. I believe my excellent customer service with DR also comes from my order history as I have ordered many times from them.

Posted via CB10
    eddycheng likes this.
    12-05-14 08:37 PM
    Still waiting on a confirmation email from DR/ShopBB to inform me that my Red PP was shipped. Contacted them this morning and all they could say was that the order processed and would ship "soon." I sure do hope I don't run into the same debacle so many dealt with when the original Black PP released. Payed for the Express Shipment so I'm expecting a phone this week. Tired of waiting after placing my pre-order 2 weeks ago lol

12-08-14 04:58 PM
    I'm really disappointed with the supply management process at DR. I believe BlackBerry has some fault for not ensuring that DR has enough units to meet demand. I believe BlackBerry has implemented some inventory strategies to prevent inventory sell offs(PlayBook nightmares) however; this is comical. A business has to go through an extensive quality control process before selecting any vendor to handle any part of your business.

Yes, I am venting a little but for a good cause. BlackBerry is making me look bad at work cause I hype BlackBerry all the time and I convinced a colleague to buy one as well. We each bought a Z30 on November 27th to be shipped to Canada. She called twice and I called once and sent an email today.

At the end of the day, I don't mind waiting but my colleague might cancel her order.

Posted on CB10 via Z10 10.2.1.2977
    12-08-14 07:16 PM
    I'm not sure about the us but I'd say that shop BlackBerry fulfillment is broken for Canada. I ordered a passport on November 29 and have yet to receive notification of shipment. I can't remember ever having to wait 6 business days and counting for an in stock item to leave the sellers premises. They did send an email saying that there may be a five day delay before shipping due to sales volume, a threshold that they have now officially missed. Over-promising and under -delivering is the last thing BlackBerry should be doing at this point. They have fixed so many legacy issues, hopefully they'll clean up their direct to customer fulfillment in short order. I'll still be a happy camper if I get my passport before I leave for the holidays on the 20th of this month, but a bit like my 'customer delight ' is waning.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:29 PM
    I'm not sure about the us but I'd say that shop BlackBerry fulfillment is broken for Canada. I ordered a passport on November 29 and have yet to receive notification of shipment. I can't remember ever having to wait 6 business days and counting for an in stock item to leave the sellers premises. They did send an email saying that there may be a five day delay before shipping due to sales volume, a threshold that they have now officially missed. Over-promising and under -delivering is the last thing BlackBerry should be doing at this point. They have fixed so many legacy issues, hopefully they'll clean up their direct to customer fulfillment in short order. I'll still be a happy camper if I get my passport before I leave for the holidays on the 20th of this month, but a bit like my 'customer delight ' is waning.

Posted via CB10
    I am in the US, and my pre-order has been processing since November 25th according to one of the DR reps I spoke with earlier. From the way they've spoken to me both times I've called, I'll be lucky to receive my device before Christmas.

12-08-14 10:32 PM
    Isn't DR also a fulfilment centre for other smartphones? I wonder if there are complaints in other forums about shipping? Anyone know? Just wondering about perspective here.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 12:10 AM
    I had no issues at all ordering my black one. Got an email on Dec 1st saying there would be a 5 day delay on shipping on my white one. I'll see what happens in the next day or so.

So after waiting a bit more, I got an email from BlackBerry Support on December 9 saying that they were sorry for the delay and to expect a 25% coupon for accessories later this week.

Woke up this morning December 12 with a shipping track number from FedEx, and it's already on the local truck. Should have it by noon.

12-10-14 11:12 AM
    Update:

Received my Passport Monday afternoon. Looks and is performing like a new unit. Thus far I really can't complain about DR service. Package came in 5-7 business days as ordered. I did have to go to FedEx to get tracking updates as opposed to being alerted by DR, but that is par for the course for a number of purchases I've made over the Web.

While still adjusting to the size and keyboard (too many 'v's and 'b's when I meant to hit the space bar) nothing yet to make me want to return it (knock on wood) but if I do I will post another update.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:52 PM
    Received my red Passport yesterday evening, so all in all I had a pretty decent experience with DR, just wish they weren't so robotic when dealing with the customer service lol

Posted via CB10
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    12-11-14 04:33 PM