Why is BlackBerry stock down over 6% today, it's trading at just over 8.5 USD.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:52 AM
    Several top Analschitts have dumped on BB today
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-30-15 10:56 AM
    Several top Analschitts have dumped on BB today
    Yeah, that's why. LOL.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-30-15 11:09 AM
    Same old same old.
    03-30-15 11:15 AM
    They just pulled a profit. That's always a bad sign.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:24 AM
    Credit Suisse is saying a $6/share target. These "analysts" have incredible power to manipulate the markets. Their report predicts "BlackBerry will continue to burn cash", but they increased cash last quarter.

BPWiebe on the super smooth Z10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-15 11:25 AM
    Yup was just reading, BlackBerry trading at lowest in three months.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:26 AM
    Why is BlackBerry stock down over 6% today, it's trading at just over 8.5 USD.

Posted via CB10
    Because they posted a bad quarter(1.6 m device shipped in a quarter and revenue below expectations) and the stock is grossly overvalued. On top of that, Chen is giving too rosy revenue growth and the street is not buying it.
    03-30-15 11:40 AM
    Because they posted a bad quarter(1.6 m device shipped in a quarter and revenue below expectations) and the stock is grossly overvalued. On top of that, Chen is giving too rosy revenue growth and the street is not buying it.
    Please explain how it's a grossly overvalued stock if they posted a +$0.04 per share?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:49 AM
    3.2 billion in cash and a market value of 5 billion.
    Yeah okay.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar and yessuz like this.
    03-30-15 11:53 AM
    Yeah okay.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you need to learn how to read a balance sheet. Blackberry has 1.2 B in debt so the real cash reserve is $2B not $3.2
    BigAl_BB9900, Magnetox and jmr1015 like this.
    03-30-15 11:57 AM
    Yeah okay.

Posted via CB10
    Somebody is definitely smoking crack when they're analyzing the stock huh?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:58 AM
    Perhaps you need to learn how to read a balance sheet. Blackberry has 1.2 B in debt so the real cash reserve is $2B not $3.2
    Cash is cash. You don't subtract debt. If you're going to do that, then you should add other assets too.

I'm not entering the valuation debate here - just your definition of cash.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 12:01 PM
    Please explain how it's a grossly overvalued stock if they posted a +$0.04 per share?

Posted via CB10
    $0.04 non-GAAP and, even ignoring the fact, what would that be? ~225 P/E?

BBRY's "earnings" at the moment is merely symbolic and completely inconsequential in context of the market cap of the company unless it becomes a penny stock. Rather, BBRY's revenue trajectory is much more important as higher revenue is required for a successful turnaround to ensure that the company won't be scrapping by on something silly like $0.04 earnings per share. BBRY missed revenue expectations by a notable margin.

I perceived the earnings report as very negative because of revenue and was surprised to see the mildly positive reception it had on Friday. Today is the "day after" response to the earnings report when the initial enthusiasm has dissipated and analysts have offered their input on the results.
    03-30-15 12:02 PM
    The stock market is a confidence game. Every time they trade it is at the level deemed acceptable to both parties. BlackBerry could issue a press release in 1 hour that would double the stock price. Or half the price. BBRY has gone through a near death experience and certainly a transformative experience as well. Don't invest in ANY companies' stock money that you cannot afford to lose. DO your due diligence.

I just need BB10 and a quality handset to run it on. I don't give a dang about the stock price as I am not a share holder.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-30-15 12:12 PM
    At $6 that means only one thing...time to buy this stock again

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:18 PM
    Software Rev was below target: 234 vs 250
    Handset sold was below
    Bes12...interesting answers on conference call, seemed like he was avoiding it.
    03-30-15 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry will always survive. Iv got a good camera on my phone and I can make a call and go onto the Internet with ease. Add me people.... I am interested in sports, food and conspiracy theories. 2B827919

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:21 PM
    I just bought my shares. I think there's a potentially profitable business on the software side but the hardware operations are going to have to be sold off to complete the transformation. I think it will happen sooner rather than later.
    03-30-15 12:24 PM
    The stock market is a confidence game. Every time they trade it is at the level deemed acceptable to both parties. BlackBerry could issue a press release in 1 hour that would double the stock price. Or half the price. BBRY has gone through a near death experience and certainly a transformative experience as well. Don't invest in ANY companies' stock money that you cannot afford to lose. DO your due diligence.

I just need BB10 and a quality handset to run it on. I don't give a dang about the stock price as I am not a share holder.
    ^^^^^^^ This

It's the morning after. The buz is gone... folks are beginning to realize the ER was NOT good... and spells very real risk that BlackBerry of the future... if they have a future at all... will have nothing to do with hardware.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:29 PM
    Cash is cash. You don't subtract debt. If you're going to do that, then you should add other assets too.

I'm not entering the valuation debate here - just your definition of cash.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281

BlackBerry stock down-bbry.png
    03-30-15 12:30 PM
    Hardware sales declining and accounting for 47% or revenue. No compelling products coming out. Likely weak sales from Passport, Classic and Leap. Company is clearly trying to shift focus to software and away from hardware, and they can't comment on availability of some of their major software initiatives and they have a horrible track record with timeliness. Yeah they have managed to trim operations down to nothing, but they are also are producing very little too!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:32 PM
    At $6 that means only one thing...time to buy this stock again

Posted via CB10
    Yep

Analysts didn't like Chen saying to that Blackberry will have to acquire its way to revenue targets meaning existing revenue lines would fall short and aren't confident that software revenue(BES12) will replace declining services revenue(BBOS service access fees) fast enough in the near term.

Blackberry will be delayed in reaching its goals but in the meantime, good time to buy.

And of course Canada hates Blackberry /gallow humor

BlackBerry stock down-ufffkpv.png
    03-30-15 12:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbry.png 
Views:	1174 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	344672
    Correct. Balance sheet analysis always includes these items together and it is always summarised as "cash".

When a company states its "cash" position colloquially, it is always referring to "cash and short term investments". That's what we are talking about here. The poster I was responding to was wanting to subtract liabilities from this number.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 03-30-15 at 03:41 PM.
    yessuz and bungaboy like this.
    03-30-15 01:50 PM
    Double post
    03-30-15 01:58 PM
93 123 ...